What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tiger05

First Grade
@Tigerm - I don't think we should be playing hardball yet. Just let this play out a little bit at least. Holmes just signed and I bet they were talking contracts for a long time.

I would just be looking at other players and signing them when it makes sense. If the money runs out then Latrell misses out. I'd even give him notice that we are looking to sign another player and we will need a decision soon but only when we aren't bluffing.

macnaz

Staff member
I guess the club knows we have him signed and the rest is a media wank waiting on the Roosters to finalise things OR
We are just the same softcocks that we have always been !!
Set a deadline and let this circus end ffs!.
Madge /Pascoe stop embarrassing this club as we are sick of it , I'd rather find players that are serious about playing with us .. NOT JUST PLAYING US!

Tigerm

First Grade
@Tigerm - I don't think we should be playing hardball yet. Just let this play out a little bit at least. Holmes just signed and I bet they were talking contracts for a long time.

I would just be looking at other players and signing them when it makes sense. If the money runs out then Latrell misses out. I'd even give him notice that we are looking to sign another player and we will need a decision soon but only when we aren't bluffing.
I agree we shouldn't be bluffing. As I mentioned, I hope we actually have a plan B because the best players are in short supply and we appeared to lay all our eggs in the one basket. I was in agreeance with that, but from what I understand we met all his requirements and he is running around thinking this is a game. To be a FB, the experts say he got some serious work to do, he is not a journeyman, this is our marquee player, who we would build our team around.
He either wakes up to himself or f**ks off and we move on, IMO.

Rant over, I think tomorrow will be the day.

macnaz

Staff member
A few of my sources (one is a minor sponsor) told me y’day to expect an announcement over the following 48hrs.However im a long term scarred fan & a sceptic re expecting anything positive coming out of Concord.
I just burnt my positivity up waiting on today , I'll try stretching it another 24 hours and then ill resume the normal this is a f**ked up club attitude as I waste my time and money for another year to come 9th .. :confused::anguished::confused:

macnaz

Staff member
I'm getting very frustrated at the moment , but I think it will turn out ok.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Well, we still have a few slots left and there is always the merry go round in the off season of players being ousted from their current clubs- usually those with only one season left on contract.

We have not got anything from the current crop of off contract players for season 2020, maybe we nag a few of the one-season left shoulder taps.

I'm thinking if we do have some excess money in cap after all this we can get rid of a non performing player or two and negotiate to pay out contract.

WA Tiger

Bench
I agree we shouldn't be bluffing. As I mentioned, I hope we actually have a plan B because the best players are in short supply and we appeared to lay all our eggs in the one basket. I was in agreeance with that, but from what I understand we met all his requirements and he is running around thinking this is a game. To be a FB, the experts say he got some serious work to do, he is not a journeyman, this is our marquee player, who we would build our team around.
He either wakes up to himself or f**ks off and we move on, IMO.

Rant over, I think tomorrow will be the day.
When ure looking at buying a car u love you don’t let the car salesperson know how much u want the car or what do they do add an extra $10,000 interest ...Yip I’ll put my hand up ..West Tigers can’t back track after making their intentions clear with the visit to Taree..Although I suppose they thought they had it sewn up...prob know better next time...show interest but don’t Gush over him...then show intent to look around while waiting...everyone’s an expert afterwards...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
[QUOTE="macnaz, post: 13909475, member: E]
mitchelll-twala-1gp_1139.jpg

"Hey Al, someday I want to wear one of your jersey's"
"Anytime Bro"
Are u the new halfback ..ure small enough

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Well, we still have a few slots left and there is always the merry go round in the off season of players being ousted from their current clubs- usually those with only one season left on contract.

We have not got anything from the current crop of off contract players for season 2020, maybe we nag a few of the one-season left shoulder taps.

I'm thinking if we do have some excess money in cap after all this we can get rid of a non performing player or two and negotiate to pay out contract.

Well, now we know Mitchell is definitely out of contention, full steam ahead. Let's see where we go. I do like the idea of grabbing a couple of players with only 2020 left on their existing contract, giving their current club a bit of cap leeway for new signatures too. If on my we can also move Reynolds and McQueen. .... Packer I still hope to be a pack leader if the stories of his injuries are true. If not and he is sulking, piss him off and negotiate a payout. Wasting a spot.

macnaz

Staff member
We have one year left with Benji .... please find him some players to utilize his ability... that's 1 reason alone I want the Fox back..

Tiger05

First Grade
We have one year left with Benji .... please find him some players to utilize his ability... that's 1 reason alone I want the Fox back..

Benji was unreal last season. We need some quality backs don't we.

Tigerm

First Grade
So what does our first 17 look like for the round one against the dragons?
I am assuming we have signed JAC & AJ & JR cant play.

I'm thinking:
Thompson
JAC
Mbye
Momo
Nofo
Marshall
Brooks
Taylor
Garner
Leilua
Twal
Walters
Mikaele

Packer
Aloiai
Eisenhuth
Chee Kam

Tiger05

First Grade
I am assuming we have signed JAC & AJ & JR cant play.

I wouldn't make those assumptions. Let's wait and see.

Currently I think we are looking something like this:-

1. Thompson
2. Jennings
3. Talau
4. Momirovski
5. Nofolauma

6. Benji
7. Brooks

8. Musgrove/Packer
9. Mbye
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Taylor

14. Aloiai
15. Mikaele
16. Eisenhuth
17. Chee-Kam

BrotherJim05

Bench
I wouldn't make those assumptions. Let's wait and see.

Currently I think we are looking something like this:-

1. Thompson
2. Jennings
3. Talau
4. Momirovski
5. Nofolauma

6. Benji
7. Brooks

8. Musgrove/Packer
9. Mbye
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Taylor

14. Aloiai
15. Mikaele
16. Eisenhuth
17. Chee-Kam

I don't want to be a negative nancy but on paper we aren't looking like a top 8 team. The real shining light is that our forwards are only gonna get better. If we can build a solid pack that isn't too expensive we can go really hard on a top shelf backline.

Playing complete fantasy football. I hope we go in really hard for Addo-Carr for 2021, then we throw everything at Tedesco for 2022. I honestly think that we could get him back. He achieved literally everything there is to achieve at the Roosters, I'm sure the right word from our new Chairman and some club legends would enable Tedesco to come back and win us a premiership...and f**k me, with Addo-Carr and Tedesco in your backline....

By 2022 our forward pack should be a lot stronger with the development of Twal/Garner/Aloai/Mikale, plus the addition of Stefano from Parra. Talau can hopefully move into the 6 and if Walters develops into a quality 9 then we could be in very very good shape

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't want to be a negative nancy but on paper we aren't looking like a top 8 team. The real shining light is that our forwards are only gonna get better. If we can build a solid pack that isn't too expensive we can go really hard on a top shelf backline.

Playing complete fantasy football. I hope we go in really hard for Addo-Carr for 2021, then we throw everything at Tedesco for 2022. I honestly think that we could get him back. He achieved literally everything there is to achieve at the Roosters, I'm sure the right word from our new Chairman and some club legends would enable Tedesco to come back and win us a premiership...and f**k me, with Addo-Carr and Tedesco in your backline....

By 2022 our forward pack should be a lot stronger with the development of Twal/Garner/Aloai/Mikale, plus the addition of Stefano from Parra. Talau can hopefully move into the 6 and if Walters develops into a quality 9 then we could be in very very good shape
I disagree slightly, I think the team will be a chance of the 8, hopefully we win some of the close games with GK's, that we didn't get last year.
I agree with the forwards, they normally held there own last season, Matterson will be a loss though, don't know enough about Leilua to know if he can fill that void.
If we can get some speed in the backs (JAC, AJ) then we should be OK. Though Jennings might come good?
I think the group will change slightly before the season starts, so there is always hope.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

Exactly. Our backline and that is without any injuries looks really ordinary. We need to purchase some quality players or pray some juniors come through and kill it. If Mbye plays in the centres we may improve there but what are we going to do at hooker.

I'm not really that worried about our pack. I like that we have young guys who are explosive rather than old guys who are plodders.

Our backs though are an issue and Benji can't keep playing on.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/12/16/wests-tigers-confirm-2020-trial-match-schedule/

Wests Tigers have today confirmed the club's full trial match schedule for the 2020 season with fixtures locked in for the NRL, Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg, Harvey Norman NSW Women's Premiership, Tarsha Gale and junior representative sides.

Following on from the return NRL Nines in Perth and the All Stars game on the Gold Coast, Michael Maguire's side will play two trial matches against the Penrith Panthers on February 22 and the New Zealand Warriors on March 1 in preparation for the season opener against St. George-Illawarra on March 15.

2020 WESTS TIGERS TRIAL MATCHES
NRL
  • February 22 — Penrith v Wests Tigers, Panthers Stadium, 7:00pm
  • March 1 — NZ Warriors v Wests Tigers, Rotorua, 12:00pm
CANTERBURY CUP
  • February 22 — Penrith v Western Suburbs, Panthers Stadium, TBC
  • February 29 — Fixture to be confirmed by NSWRL
JERSEY FLEGG
  • February 15 — Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown, TBC
  • February 22 — Wests Tigers v Penrith, TBC
  • February 29 — Wests Tigers v North Sydney, TBC
HARVEY NORMAN NSW WOMEN'S PREMIERSHIP
  • February 15 — Fixture to be confirmed by NSWRL
  • February 22 — Fixture to be confirmed by NSWRL
  • February 29 — Fixture to be confirmed by NSWRL
TARSHA GALE CUP
  • December 14 — Wests Tigers v Illawarra and St. George
  • January 18 — Wests Tigers v Canberra, Moss Vale Oval
  • January 24 — Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown, Hillier Oval, 5:00pm
SG BALL CUP
  • December 14 — Western Suburbs v GSR Wests Tigers, St. Gregs College
  • December 14 — Balmain v North Sydney, TG Millner Oval
  • January 18 — Western Suburbs v Canberra, Moss Vale Oval
  • January 18 — Balmain v South Sydney, Erskineville Oval
  • January 24 — Balmain v Western Suburbs, Hillier Oval
HAROLD MATTHEWS CUP
  • December 14 — Balmain v North Sydney, TG Millner Oval
  • January 18 — Western Suburbs v Canberra, Moss Vale Oval
  • January 18 — Balmain v South Sydney, Erskineville Oval
  • January 24 — Balmain v Western Suburbs, Hillier Oval
GSR WESTS TIGERS
  • January 18 — GSR Wests Tigers v Monaro Colts, Moss Vale Oval

macnaz

Staff member
Oh well guys , we are into year 2020 and I cant say at this stage I'm particularly excited about the season ahead . We have added another forward to what I believe is a descent pack without being brilliant , and we go into another season with a very ordinary backline. I feel to achieve anything remotely successful you need something more then what we are dishing up again in 2020 . We will bust our arse I guess with the top 8 being a very slim possibility but hardly a given.
As i said this time last year the rorters will go back to back... and this year booked in for 3 in a row.
Souffs v Rorters for the TopBall grandfinal .

axl rose

Bench
As i said this time last year the rorters will go back to back... and this year booked in for 3 in a row.
Maybe Cronk will be a bigger loss then many realise. They bombed out of plenty of finals before he got there. Anyway that probably just means Melbourne win it...goody.

As for us, we will have our usual feel-good win at Leichhardt Oval then our mid season fade before losing twice to the Titans. But on a positive note at least Warriors or Saints will get the spoon.

simmo05

Bench
Oh well guys , we are into year 2020 and I cant say at this stage I'm particularly excited about the season ahead . We have added another forward to what I believe is a descent pack without being brilliant , and we go into another season with a very ordinary backline. I feel to achieve anything remotely successful you need something more then what we are dishing up again in 2020 . We will bust our arse I guess with the top 8 being a very slim possibility but hardly a given.
Jennings looks a lot fitter, Thompson looks ripped as, momo will be better for the run last year, nofo hopefully still busting tackles and if talau can show he is up to grade I think we can do alright behind a tough pack. We wernt far off the last 2 years. Just trying to keep optimistic!!

Latest posts