What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tigerm

First Grade
Good luck to the commentators getting Joseph's last name on the tip of their tongues:)

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/02/11/wests-tigers-name-team-for-2020-perth-nines/

Wests Tigers 2020 Perth Nines Squad
1. Corey Thompson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Robert Jennings
4. Moses Mbye (capt.)
5. Michael Chee Kam
6. Billy Walters
7. Jock Madden
8. Thomas Mikaele
9. Tommy Talau
10. Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Chris McQueen
14. Sam McIntyre
15. Paul Momirovski
16. Alex Seyfarth
17. Pat Richards
18. Matheson Johns

Coach: Michael Maguire

Tiger05

First Grade
Decent team. I reckon Mikaele and Leilua will be weapons in the forwards. We don't have a lot of pace. Mbye and Nofo are the only known players there with any speed. Chee-Kam can be a beast in first grade. Maybe he will kill it as well.

gordsy

Juniors
Why are we playing Richards in the nines ?? He would be even slower than he was when he last played for us and couldn't keep up with the gam

BrotherJim05

Bench
I like that nines team. Apart from Nofa I feel each one of them have a point to prove:

1. Corey Thompson - I'm the first choice FG
2. David Nofoaluma - N/A
3. Robert Jennings - I'm not shithouse anymore
4. Moses Mbye (capt.) - I'm worth the price tag
5. Michael Chee Kam - I'm more than a bench player
6. Billy Walters - I'm FG material
7. Jock Madden - I'm FG material
8. Thomas Mikaele - I'm the next Payne Haas
9. Tommy Talau - I'm FG Material
10. Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu - my name is not fake
11. Luciano Leilua - I'm gonna lock down that starting 2nd Row Spot
12. Luke Garner - I'm better than Matterson
13. Chris McQueen - I can still contribute to our success
14. Sam McIntyre - I'm FG Material
15. Paul Momirovski - I'm gonna show you why Belamy wants me
16. Alex Seyfarth - I'm FG Material
17. Pat Richards - Lols
18. Matheson Johns - I'm a real person

axl rose

Bench
Why are we playing Richards in the nines ?? He would be even slower than he was when he last played for us and couldn't keep up with the gam
There is an aussie rules player as well for the Roosters. It's just a bit of nonsense/fun..till someone does their acl. I preferred the old 7's tournament (we still hold the trophy by the way) with the Aboriginal dream team and the mighty Russians.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I like that nines team. Apart from Nofa I feel each one of them have a point to prove:

1. Corey Thompson - I'm the first choice FG
2. David Nofoaluma - N/A
3. Robert Jennings - I'm not shithouse anymore
4. Moses Mbye (capt.) - I'm worth the price tag
5. Michael Chee Kam - I'm more than a bench player
6. Billy Walters - I'm FG material
7. Jock Madden - I'm FG material
8. Thomas Mikaele - I'm the next Payne Haas
9. Tommy Talau - I'm FG Material
10. Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu - my name is not fake
11. Luciano Leilua - I'm gonna lock down that starting 2nd Row Spot
12. Luke Garner - I'm better than Matterson
13. Chris McQueen - I can still contribute to our success
14. Sam McIntyre - I'm FG Material
15. Paul Momirovski - I'm gonna show you why Belamy wants me
16. Alex Seyfarth - I'm FG Material
17. Pat Richards - Lols
18. Matheson Johns - I'm a real person
6 Walters ...You can just stay out wide AD This is my spot when Benji retires ...I’ll think he will shine in the 9s ..a good chance to take a look at him and how good he is..and for if Benji goes down mid year

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Unpopular opinion, Richards was an ordinary player who our fans insanely over rate because of that one play. Yes it was amazing and in 60 years when we’ve just come 9th for the 57th time in 60 years I’ll still look back on it and smile, but it doesn’t make him any better. He went to wigan because no one here wanted him and when he came back was horrible but had a novelty big boot so people somehow over looked everything else.

The unknown

Juniors
Unpopular opinion, Richards was an ordinary player who our fans insanely over rate because of that one play. Yes it was amazing and in 60 years when we’ve just come 9th for the 57th time in 60 years I’ll still look back on it and smile, but it doesn’t make him any better. He went to wigan because no one here wanted him and when he came back was horrible but had a novelty big boot so people somehow over looked everything else.

I reckon his career will forever be tainted by dogging the NRL in the midst of his peak for the ESL. I think it was because he wanted to be closer to his family or some other personal reasons but we’ll never know how good he could’ve been in the NRL

Still he scored over 250 tries combined over both competitions, not many players can say that. And I think 35 tries in his final 2 years at the tigers while in his “twilight”

Vic Mackey

Referee
There’s an article on DT now with a bit of Info:

*the proposed loan is likely to get canned as NRL making it too hard
* Momirovski will be center with Mbye at 9
* Russell Packer fit but the younger props likely to start the year ahead of him
* Mikaele been the most impressive and will be one starting prop

gordsy

Juniors
Interesting. I rated him before he left to esl and genuinely thought he could have gotten rep honors but even if he didn't I thought he'd be a bloody solid winger as from memory he was only 23-24 at the time.
When he came back he was past it.

f**k the nrl for screwing a really good idea re the trade. It's like they don't want the nrl to be anything but a 2nd tier sport to afl and cricket.
Couldn't agree more, so badly managed and so badly ran from the top.

You hear many people say there's not enough league experience, some say there's too many suits.

I'd say there's room for suits as long as they are experienced in their field (note to self, think of the number of corporate's run by incompetent types) but you can't let the finance people run the game.

I'd say you need rugby league people in the operations department (note to self, what about the number of incompetent types there now, I'd say they are not helping) and around and around they go.

Hopefully Peter V'landys sets them straight.

Tiger05

First Grade

He was a really good player but in his second stint he was horrible but had those kicks. He kept Korobiete out of the team which was crazy because he was an old slow winger. I'm pretty sure that was Potter's mistake.

Tiger05

First Grade
There’s an article on DT now with a bit of Info:

*the proposed loan is likely to get canned as NRL making it too hard
* Momirovski will be center with Mbye at 9
* Russell Packer fit but the younger props likely to start the year ahead of him
* Mikaele been the most impressive and will be one starting prop

It's the stupid paper and I don't trust it but I also think those are pretty fair predictions. Packer to me is not going to be in our best 4 props. I couldn't pick him in the top 17 unless we get injuries.

Mikaele looks like a beast but to me so does Aloiai and potentially Musgrove. Twal gets a spot because he is solid and a worker. There are going to be injuries at prop though. Assuming Stef comes next year and turns into a gun we have a great bunch of young middle forwards.

Latest posts