What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

JB04

Juniors
Good squad, though I would have Thompson at 1 and Doueihi at 2 and let him take the 1 from Thommo if he is good enough, but would not be surprised if it went your way.
Is Momo playing, he did get hurt in the 9,s ? If N/A, then, Mbye to centre & JR to 9
He was injured in the 9’s yeah, however is fit for round one last I heard

gordynz

Juniors
I may have missed it on here somewhere but can anyone that watched the Jersey Flegg boys comment on Jake Simpkin? Few reports saying he played well...

The unknown

Juniors
I may have missed it on here somewhere but can anyone that watched the Jersey Flegg boys comment on Jake Simpkin? Few reports saying he played well...

he played 40 mins in flegg, scored the first try where he beat 3 defenders and set up 2 others.

Commentators during the 1st grade trial were giving him a huge wrap

I wasn’t at the ground but from all reports he sounds the goods. Albeit just a flegg game

Tiger05

First Grade
I just want you to point out where Mbye is “heaps better than Momo and it’s not even close”

cause funnily enough we played our best football last year when mbye wasnt in the side at all

agree on the Reynolds part but, he’s cooked

Let's say we disagree on Momo vs Mbye but no one can seriously state that Reynolds is at first grade level now. He would need to be Lazarus to come back from here based on his performances so far.

I get people don't like Mbye but surely the guy has proven he is an NRL level player. Reynolds has basically done the opposite.

I'm not fussed over Mbye but Reynolds despite being a good guy and trying hard has put together so few performances and when he is out there he is playing below first grade level standard.

I should add prior to the trial last week I also had Reynolds in the squad.

Tiger05

First Grade

Apparently he killed it but he is on a development contract. If we had a 9 I'd feel confident about this season.

The unknown

Juniors
Let's say we disagree on Momo vs Mbye but no one can seriously state that Reynolds is at first grade level now. He would need to be Lazarus to come back from here based on his performances so far.

I get people don't like Mbye but surely the guy has proven he is an NRL level player. Reynolds has basically done the opposite.

I'm not fussed over Mbye but Reynolds despite being a good guy and trying hard has put together so few performances and when he is out there he is playing below first grade level standard.

I should add prior to the trial last week I also had Reynolds in the squad.

I’m not sure where you are getting this we hate mbye business from. I don’t hate the bloke. I’m sure he’s a nice guy

I just don’t rate him as a footy player. Never have

Tiger05

First Grade
Btw ur deadset kidding if u think that a kid like Madden who I believe has potential has leapfrogged Reynolds in the pecking order re the scrumbase options.

If we are judging players on performance Madden is miles ahead of Reynolds and it's not close. Did you watch the trial on the weekend. I get it was a trial but Reynolds again showed extremely poor service from dummy half and he took poor options when playing in the halves.

I like the guy but I'd also like us to win some more games this season and based on how he has been performing he shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m not sure where you are getting this we hate mbye business from. I don’t hate the bloke. I’m sure he’s a nice guy

I don't really want to get into this argument. I see him making SOO and being picked as captain and performing to a reasonably high level on numerous occasions for us. To clear this up he was great when he first came over and played fullback and he had plenty of good moments in the centres last year.

I also don't rate him that highly.

Momo is still a borderline first grader who has performed above his physical attributes and may turn into a quality NRL player. Mbye clearly is a first grade level player or maybe better put a fair number of people in the game and at our club rate him highly hence the SOO and captaincy.

If you don't rate him (or anyone doesn't rate him) I get it. I don't rate Nathan Cleary but he is an important player for currently NSW and Penrith. I don't even think Mbye is that good. I'm just comparing him favourably to Momo in the centres and Reynolds at hooker or as a utility.

The Reynolds comment to me shows how the hatred towards Mbye has to be overdone or people are simply blind and not watching games.

The Rosco

Bench
So if Reynolds IS playing 9 this week, does that mean that he HAS to be the dummy half ?
If we have to deal with his whacko footy options that's fine . . . but please God, don't force us to have him as our d/half ! HE JUST CANT PLAY THERE.
Also, if we don't offer some sort of contracts to Simpkins and Johns because we want to bring them along slowly . . . . don't be surprised if another club that saw them play didn't call them with an appealing offer of being in the top 30.
Putting aside Johns' brain snap ( When certain other players do that it's called enthusiasm and passion for the team ), he showed a fair bit of intent in that trial. Other coaches will notice that.

Tiger05

First Grade
So if Reynolds IS playing 9 this week, does that mean that he HAS to be the dummy half ?
If we have to deal with his whacko footy options that's fine . . . but please God, don't force us to have him as our d/half ! HE JUST CANT PLAY THERE.

I like the guy but he can't be in the team unless he does something drastically different.

Also, if we don't offer some sort of contracts to Simpkins and Johns because we want to bring them along slowly . . . . don't be surprised if another club that saw them play didn't call them with an appealing offer of being in the top 30.
Putting aside Johns' brain snap ( When certain other players do that it's called enthusiasm and passion for the team ), he showed a fair bit of intent in that trial. Other coaches will notice that.

Johns has been through a couple of clubs but he looked dangerous didn't he. I have no idea about Simpkins but we need a dummy half and apparently he played well in Flegg on the weekend.

WA Tiger

Bench
Having watched this ongoing Mbye saga and realising from experience the futility of joining in. My thoughts ...Which most of us know anyway Having the last say doesn’t win arguments and no one is going to say ok your right I’m wrong here regardless of how big the post is or how often... I get someone’s point of view the very first time they say it. And liking and hating players like we join them for after game drinks? Saying u hate a player is a manipulative statement like you are a hateful person and at the same time it implies you would let that cloud your judgement of that players skill level so it’s a double whammy ..infuriating and manipulative ..it’s like someone I live with that says you did that just to Piss me off... .I’d be happy with a rule you can express one opinion twice at the most in one day any variations of that are not counted. Most here know that anyway ..Just a thought or this saga will go on forever it makes me tired just reading it..Ive done my 12 rounds with 05 he’s blocked me so he’s not seeing this but just so you know what your dealing with.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
If we are judging players on performance Madden is miles ahead of Reynolds and it's not close. Did you watch the trial on the weekend. I get it was a trial but Reynolds again showed extremely poor service from dummy half and he took poor options when playing in the halves.

I like the guy but I'd also like us to win some more games this season and based on how he has been performing he shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong as well.
I really like Madden & have high hopes for the kid but geez 05 that’s crazily premature to b saying the kid is miles ahead of grub based on a reserve grade standard trial.

If grub finally has luck with injuries u might b pleasantly surprised this season re his contribution to our anticipated success.Like ive said recently I’d rather he weren’t on our books(@ the money he’s on)but I have enormous faith he can still b an asset to our club.The guy punches well above his weight & has integrity.Regardless & thankfully we have decent depth thanks to Madge’s astuteness & Madge doesn’t pick on emotion or sentiment.The team is in good hands.

Fordy20

Juniors

Mbye makes for a decent utility and before we signed BJ, I would have had Momo and Mbye as starting centres this year. Right now though, I don't see a position that would be strengthened if it was filled by Mbye.

Tiger05

First Grade
@Tiger Ted - honestly mate I don't see any upside for Reynolds at this point. He makes way too many poor decisions and doesn't appear to be a dummy half. I was hoping he was going to come good this season but I watched the trial and he was one of the worst on the paddock (if not the worst).

I hope we get some value out of him as well but after that trial match where he looked as bad as ever he has to prove he can play reserve grade to a decent standard before being considered for first grade.

Madden has shown something when he is out there. To me you can't pick Reynolds over Madden if you want to give the team the most chance to win games.

Some players get overvalued and some get undervalued from the fans. Reynolds and Talau are the two guys at the moment who appear to be massively overrated. In the trial I saw something from Talua but his defence was atrocious. Reynolds was terrible and it's a massive concern more so for him because I can't see him getting an NRL contract again.

It'll be interesting how the season progresses and what players come on and what players stagnate or go backwards.

WA Tiger

Bench
Having watched this ongoing Mbye saga and realising from experience the futility of joining in. My thoughts ...Which most of us know anyway Having the last say doesn’t win arguments and no one is going to say ok your right I’m wrong here regardless of how big the post is or how often... I get someone’s point of view the very first time they say it. And liking and hating players like we join them for after game drinks? Saying u hate a player is a manipulative statement like you are a hateful person and at the same time it implies you would let that influence your judgement of that players skill level so it’s a double whammy ..infuriating and manipulative ..it’s like someone I live with that says you did that just to Piss me off... .I’d be happy with a rule you can express one opinion twice at the most in one day any variations of that are not counted. Most here know that anyway ..Just a thought or this saga will go on forever it makes me tired just reading it..Ive done my 12 rounds with 05 he’s blocked me so he’s not seeing this but just so you know what your dealing with.
Nah once a day
I really like Madden & have high hopes for the kid but geez 05 that’s crazily premature to b saying the kid is miles ahead of grub based on a reserve grade standard trial.

If grub finally has luck with injuries u might b pleasantly surprised this season re his contribution to our anticipated success.Like ive said recently I’d rather he weren’t on our books(@ the money he’s on)but I have enormous faith he can still b an asset to our club.The guy punches well above his weight & has integrity.Regardless & thankfully we have decent depth thanks to Madge’s astuteness & Madge doesn’t pick on emotion or sentiment.The team is in good hands.
I read Reynolds was captain or was that me dreaming in between my 12 hour shifts-That’s a statement made by Madge loud and clear

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye/Reynolds
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Mbye/Reynolds
15. Musgrove
16. Eisenhuth
17. MCK/E.T

I'd rather blood Momo into a strike centre than persist with Mbye

The unknown

Juniors
1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye/Reynolds
10. Mikale
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Aloai

14. Mbye/Reynolds
15. Musgrove
16. Eisenhuth
17. MCK/E.T

I'd rather blood Momo into a strike centre than persist with Mbye

I’m a fan of that, but I reckon Clarke will be there abouts too. Madge has a big wrap on him and is a good kid to boot

he played reps with Twal I believe, similar build and gets through a mountain of work

Last edited:

Latest posts