2020 team

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights' started by ryana87, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Mr_Knightside

Mr_Knightside Juniors

That’s a pretty inexperienced centre pairing, have we had a good long term Centre since Mad Dog retired? Gags was good at times but couldn’t defend, I can’t think of any others that have been consistently good in that spot for a long time.

Or second row looks a bit iffy as well, Guerra starting could go either way and Fitz needs to show a bit more week to week to convince me that he’s worth good money long term, he was way too up and down last year and some weeks he just went missing.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing Jacob get into the bench to give us some more size but outside of those bits the team looks ok.

2. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

He should feel under the pump, was a seriously average season from him ....gets a free pass from most fans. Wouldnt surprise me if he was in reserves.

3. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

Glasby to the bench where he belongs.

4. Silent Knight

Silent Knight First Grade

Not from me. I get very cynical and angry when I see a local player just coasting along without doing anything to help the team. It just reminds me of the Hagan era when certain local players thought they had a mortgage on a first-grade spot and yet expected to be carried by their betters (i.e. Joey and Bedsy).

Dan Saifiti and Lachlan Fitzgibbon stuck out like a sore thumb in this regard last season.

Knight Vision likes this.
  5. Knight76

Knight76 Juniors

Dan is a lazy bugger with no fire in the belly. He does what he feels he needs to an nothing more.

I'll be surprised if we see anything from him this season, in fact he got rewarded for fairly average form with an SOO jumper and if he thinks that form is SOO level he is kidding.

Silent Knight likes this.
  6. Knight76

Knight76 Juniors

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/12/stat-to-fix-knights-need-to-help-klemmer/

This shows the Knights in last place for running metres last year. And I can only imagine without Klem last season we had a lock on the spoon again. We better pray Klem remains fit for us this year.

Unless of course Dsaf and Jsaf if he plays, plus the rest of the pack can get off their arses and be bothered to put in the required effort.

7. Old dog

Old dog Juniors

Am expecting JSaf, Saulo and Ese’ese to keep the likes of DSaf and Glasby pushing to retain spot as neither performed SOO selection last season, DSaf was very lucky.

8. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

9. Old dog

Old dog Juniors

The most obvious is Lino if fit or Crosslands who lacks experience but either is likely better than Mann

10. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

Yosh and alexwilliams_66692007 like this.
  11. Old dog

Old dog Juniors

Things are quiet about Levi signing with Manly or isn’t it happening

12. Frederick

Frederick Moderator Staff Member

You wish it wasn't happening

13. Old dog

Old dog Juniors

Thanks Fred, knew I could count on you for info and immediate response

Spot On likes this.
  14. alexwilliams_66692007

alexwilliams_66692007 First Grade

One door closes, another opens Screenshot_20200121-203236_Chrome.jpg

Yosh and NoSchitSherlock like this.
  15. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

16. alexwilliams_66692007

According to Toohey, Mann will definitely start round 1 as 5/8 barring injury.

"It won't please some Knights fans but barring injury between now and then, Kurt Mann will be the five-eighth outside Mitchell Pearce when the season kicks off in March.

He will also be the first player named in the Knights' Nines lineup for an NRL promotion early next week and could be in line to captain the side if Pearce doesn't play in the tournament.

Mann is highly regarded for his toughness and as a leader by coach Adam O'Brien, who says he shouldn't be solely judged on his form last season in the position."

17. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Bench

I was hoping the young fella Crossland was going to demand selection.

Mann played well when he wasnt injured and made to change position every week. Let's hope he can add a kicking game to his skill set.

Lino is too inconsistent for mine and if he was a first grade regular he would have already been by now. He did have some great games at the back end of the season and Brown constantly dropping him throughout the season would have done nothing for his confidence.

18. ryana87

ryana87 Juniors

I'm going to give benefit of the doub to the obrien in selecting mann.... Especially if they are calling 9ut last year's form as a poor indicator

19. Burwood

Burwood Bench

Lino is still to resume full training after a shoulder reconstruction and Crossland has had a niggling groin injury most of the offseason. Mann might start the season in the top 13, but hopefully he isn't there when the team is back to full strength.

20. alexwilliams_66692007

If Mann gets picked, I dare say he's not going to just be just a fill in for Lino or Crossland..