What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

ryana87

Juniors
I vaguely remember when we had old man bennett he would never make changes and we were calling him stubborn, a few years on and Brown is making changes when something doesn't work and we also disagree.

Old dog

Juniors
Trust the coach, he should know, my choice as 5/8 in current squad is Lino, Crossland then Mann. First two injured? And might not be ready so Mann it is, just hope whoever is picked plays well, think we will see all three during the season, no clear cut standout.

Spot On

Coach
Mann did a pretty good job at 5/8 up to the Mlb game where he was heavily targetted in defence and we were punished. After that he was continually targetted and was pretty poor until moved. It seems as though that is being put down to injury.

Either way, he seems to be the best we have in the position to start the season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/a8108041778745b3bd24dae3a7ecf667
"New face Jayden Brailey will slot straight in at hooker, a position the club has struggled to fill in recent seasons.

Five-eighth appears to be a genuine two-way race between young gun Phoenix Crossland and Kurt Mann, while another contender Mason Lino recovers from shoulder surgery.

Out wide, Edrick Lee and Bradman Best seem near certainties to start the year at wing and left centre respectively."

Knight Vision

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c36d2348b03289b12c9cfe19727526ce
KNIGHTS

Predicted spine: 1 Kalyn Ponga 6 Kurt Mann 7 Mitchell Pearce 9 Jayden Brailey

Experience: 501 NRL games

Rating: B+

Strength: The seven-one combo. Mitchell Pearce is one of the most experienced halfbacks in the game, and Kalyn Ponga is the most talented young fullback. They’ve found a knack of being able to combine - particularly on the left edge - to create scoring opportunities for the Knights. When both players are at their best they make Newcastle a dangerous side with ball in hand.

Weakness: The team has struggled to settle on a permanent five-eighth, and that’s contributed to making them left-side dominant in attack. Foxsports.com.au understands Kurt Mann will get first crack at the No.6 jumper and he will need to share an almost equal load to Pearce to give the Knights more attacking diversity across the park. If he fails, youngster Phoenix Crossland and also Mason Lino are banging down the door for that spot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Out wide, Edrick Lee and Bradman Best seem near certainties to start the year at wing and left centre respectively."
This is called getting it right.

Best played left to Xerri right for Aus schoolboys.

Lee gets better every year, the rules this suit even better, expect big things, hope they concentrate on D, attack is just natural.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/fc2d6796d70db2233a7d21f18c0fd7b6
“We just need someone who can kick well, pass well and make their tackles. Kurt can do that. I see a future for him playing in that position.”
I see some points to that. If Brailey handles a few kicks and Ponga learned to sit back a bit and selectively inject himself instead of going into the line on the left as much as he has recently then 6 can just do the job that needs to be done.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I see some points to that. If Brailey handles a few kicks and Ponga learned to sit back a bit and selectively inject himself instead of going into the line on the left as much as he has recently then 6 can just do the job that needs to be done.
I still see it as being less than ideal. O'brien can only work with the tools he has at the moment but if Crosslands doesnt show promise I reckon we'll be in the market for another playmaker half soon enough.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Does anyone know if Brailey did much kicking at the sharks?

It would be helpful to have a dummy half with a decent boot, haven’t had that since Buderus