What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

franklin2323

Immortal
Shaun Johnson and Milford are very similar, they are capable of producing incredible highlights but are consistently underwhelming. I wouldn't swap either for our combo of Cleary/Luai/Burton.

Not just that..look at the Sharks pack 8-13 is decent after that then a huge drop off. Moylan can't stay on the field.

Broncos have children in the pack a new spine and Bird/Boyd in the back that are past it both have young coaches that are yet to do anything of note

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Not just that..look at the Sharks pack 8-13 is decent after that then a huge drop off. Moylan can't stay on the field.

Broncos have children in the pack a new spine and Bird/Boyd in the back that are past it

Yep I can easily see these teams finishing below us. The broncos capitulation in the finals against Parra was really concerning for them, I am not sold on them at all and the sharks just don't have the talent or hard edge they had a couple years ago. Both teams have players on their books that are over paid and they would happily get rid of and I think both squads have players that could cause trouble behind the scenes and upset the squads, both teams have fairly young coaches and with Personalities like A,Fifita, J.Dugan, J.Bird,Moylan and Darius and Milf there is always potential for unhappiness as all these guys have been mentioned as possibly being shopped around or moved away from their favourite position.

MugaB

Coach
The Broncos and the Sharks are worse than us? Maybe on your Xbox NRL game, but back in the real world their rosters are much better than ours. I am a one eyed supporter, but come on Franklin I wish we had Fafita, Johnson, Haas, Oates, Milford, Xerri, the other Fafita, Boyd (better than any player we have in the backs), Staggs. We are better? I just don’t see it. Even more so with mr 49% in charge.
Geezus, Johnson is a showpony, darius has played 2 seasons too long, fafita is getting too old, and the newer one is great but forgets he plays in a team sport, milford switches off every 2 games, turns on every other 1, Xerris off to the chooks next week.
oates is solid, Haas is a steam roller, and i like staggs, so 3 great players in 2 average teams,
Panthers should be higher on the food chain than sharks and broncos, theyre both chaotic teams, both good and bad sides to it, but as one unit one/whole club, they're bottom 8 this year, croft wont improve broncos, and sharks have too many marquee signings clashing with each other, they did better when most of them were injured, and flanagan, xerri, and their young gun fwds were stringing wins, sharks a few years ago, look like true staple finalists, then all of a sudden, their board decided that every marquee player they could afford, they would buy and someway it will all work out, yes they made the finals.. barely but theyll never be able to sustain that squad

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep I can easily see these teams finishing below us. The broncos capitulation in the finals against Parra was really concerning for them, I am not sold on them at all and the sharks just don't have the talent or hard edge they had a couple years ago. Both teams have players on their books that are over paid and they would happily get rid of and I think both squads have players that could cause trouble behind the scenes and upset the squads, both teams have fairly young coaches and with Personalities like A,Fifita, J.Dugan, J.Bird,Moylan and Darius and Milf there is always potential for unhappiness as all these guys have been mentioned as possibly being shopped around or moved away from their favourite position.

All Broncos aim after that was to lock in the young guys going forward. So I don't think they improved their roster one bit. Those issues rarely end well how bad they go is really the question neither side has much leadership to stop a full meltdown. Sharks don't even have a home ground to help

franklin2323

Immortal
Geezus, Johnson is a showpony, darius has played 2 seasons too long, fafita is getting too old, and the newer one is great but forgets he plays in a team sport, milford switches off every 2 games, turns on every other 1, Xerris off to the chooks next week.
oates is solid, Haas is a steam roller, and i like staggs, so 3 great players in 2 average teams,
Panthers should be higher on the food chain than sharks and broncos, theyre both chaotic teams, both good and bad sides to it, but as one unit one/whole club, they're bottom 8 this year, croft wont improve broncos, and sharks have too many marquee signings clashing with each other, they did better when most of them were injured, and flanagan, xerri, and their young gun fwds were stringing wins

Flanagan will be a huge loss I think for Sharks

betcats

Referee
All Broncos aim after that was to lock in the young guys going forward. So I don't think they improved their roster one bit. Those issues rarely end well how bad they go is really the question neither side has much leadership to stop a full meltdown. Sharks don't even have a home ground to help

In 2 or 3 years they will be force if they don't f**k up but right now they have to many bad contracts and to many young players to be a really good side.

MugaB

Coach
Sharks at kogarah won't be an issue, they've basically moved in, dragons only play there 6 times a year, sharks will have it for 10 or more, and its litterally 10mins west, its not a problem, their problems are Dugan who wants FB, Moylan who wants 5/8th, Morris wants Centre, and none of them are in their positions, all coz they wanted to sign Johnson, if johnson wasn't at cronulla, they'd be dangerous

franklin2323

Immortal
In 2 or 3 years they will be force if they don't f**k up but right now they have to many bad contracts and to many young players to be a really good side.

yep going in the right direction for sure but for now will be great one week and poor the next. That is why I am thankful Parra took our scraps

franklin2323

Immortal
Sharks at kogarah won't be an issue, they've basically moved in, dragons only play there 6 times a year, sharks will have it for 10 or more, and its litterally 10mins west, its not a problem, their problems are Dugan who wants FB, Moylan who wants 5/8th, Morris wants Centre, and none of them are in their positions, all coz they wanted to sign Johnson, if johnson wasn't at cronulla, they'd be dangerous

Not to mention Fifita that they want out of there

Pomoz

Bench
I get you are overseas and don’t watch much footy there is a reason why Darius is being asked to retire. Staggs is good yes the rest are inconsistent either due to age or various reasons
Actually, with NRL watch I get every game and SOO. I watch plenty. The Broncos are young, but still finished above us and have more potential than we do.

betcats

Referee
Actually, with NRL watch I get every game and SOO. I watch plenty. The Broncos are young, but still finished above us and have more potential than we do.

So you actually watched Brisbane last season and think Boyd was better then any of our backline?

franklin2323

Immortal

Of course there is potential same can be said for most teams.

Take us for example. We had 6 players in 20's origin last year... All will improve
The NSW halfback who is 22. Again will improve
2 premiership winning players will improve the side

No doubt we have holes but we improved...Whereas a few sides who finished in front of us have either stayed the same or gone backward. Those potential sides that come on sooner will jump possibly up to 4th

Pomoz

Bench
You could just as easily dismiss our players.

Mansour, Whare - old and slow.
Naden - Works as a turnstile at the SCG in his spare time.
Clearly - one trick pony. The trick? Turn it inside.
Luau - an unproven crab. Favorite movie? Sideways.
Api - Souths reject
Edwards - A faster, weaker Dugan without the tackle breaking qualities. Dropsies anyone?
Yeo - a poor mans Cordner, without the aggression, talent or leadership.
Tamou - Built like Tarzan plays like Jane.

It’s easy to dismiss any team. Even those that finish above us and when our coach has a statistical 13 year average of 47%.

betcats

Referee
You could just as easily dismiss our players.

Mansour, Whare - old and slow.
Naden - Works as a turnstile at the SCG in his spare time.
Clearly - one trick pony. The trick? Turn it inside.
Luau - an unproven crab. Favorite movie? Sideways.
Api - Souths reject
Edwards - A faster, weaker Dugan without the tackle breaking qualities. Dropsies anyone?
Yeo - a poor mans Cordner, without the aggression, talent or leadership.
Tamou - Built like Tarzan plays like Jane.

It’s easy to dismiss any team. Even those that finish above us and when our coach has a statistical 13 year average of 47%.

Most of that is complete garbage though. Edwards doesn't have tackle breaking ability? Are you serious? That is so stupid it is as bad as your Darius comment. You need to examine your bias here mate because you are saying some really ridiculous things all in order to talk us down. Edwards finished above Dugan for average tackle breaks this year and every other year he has played FG.

franklin2323

Immortal
Most of that is complete garbage though. Edwards doesn't have tackle breaking ability? Are you serious? That is so stupid it is as bad as your Darius comment. You need to examine your bias here mate because you are saying some really ridiculous things all in order to talk us down. Edwards finished above Dugan for average tackle breaks this year and every other year he has played FG.

He was 20th in the comp for tackle breaks per game. He has issues mainly around ball playing but running hard isn't one of them

Pomoz

Bench
So you actually watched Brisbane last season and think Boyd was better then any of our backline?
I would swap him for Naden, Whare, Mansour and Edwards. When motivated, which he struggled with last year, he is better than any of our players. Naden and Edwards have upside they are young, they might get better. Whare and Mansour seem to be done. Too is the only back we have I wouldn’t swap him for.

Boyd is underestimated because of SOO, where he was hated. There is a reason Bennett kept taking him with him. I concede he is past his best now, but still has more footy smarts in his toenail clippings than Nathan Cleary, or Edwards, or our centres.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I would swap him for Naden, Whare, Mansour and Edwards. When motivated, which he struggled with last year, he is better than any of our players. Naden and Edwards have upside they are young, they might get better. Whare and Mansour seem to be done. Too is the only back we have I wouldn’t swap him for.

Boyd is underestimated because of SOO, where he was hated. There is a reason Bennett kept taking him with him. I concede he is past his best now, but still has more footy smarts in his toenail clippings than Nathan Cleary, or Edwards, or our centres.

I disagree completely. Boyd is done. I would ever prefer some of the NSW cup backs to Boyd at the moment. He's cooked / done/ dusted/ has ceased to be (on a footy field).