What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Pomoz

Bench
on their day yes but consistency was the issue and no reason to think that changed
Thoughtful reasons for why you rate them lower than us. Only time will tell I guess. Like us, they have a lot of young players. This is exciting and frightening at the same time. Young players can suddenly improve in an off-season and go to another level. If Edwards and Naden can improve, our backline can start to have an impact. What if Crichton grow and get really strong so he physically gets to the next level? Last year he was bit of a lightweight. We really don't know until the season starts who is going to improve and who is not going to kick on and never really make it.

We have had so many promising juniors who just never stepped up. Egan and Katoa are just another in a long line of juniors who just didn't quite get there. Under Hook, we started to see an improvement in the hit rate, with more players hitting the ground running and looking like first graders straight away. We will know if that is still the case soon enough.

BxTom

Bench
Thoughtful reasons for why you rate them lower than us. Only time will tell I guess. Like us, they have a lot of young players. This is exciting and frightening at the same time. Young players can suddenly improve in an off-season and go to another level. If Edwards and Naden can improve, our backline can start to have an impact. What if Crichton grow and get really strong so he physically gets to the next level? Last year he was bit of a lightweight. We really don't know until the season starts who is going to improve and who is not going to kick on and never really make it.

We have had so many promising juniors who just never stepped up. Egan and Katoa are just another in a long line of juniors who just didn't quite get there. Under Hook, we started to see an improvement in the hit rate, with more players hitting the ground running and looking like first graders straight away. We will know if that is still the case soon enough.
I suspect that Edwards will improve. We all know that he had a terrible start to the season, although if I recall correctly he was coming back from a layoff. I think it took guts and determination to come back from where he was, and to me, that signals that he is willing to put the hours into improving himself. I thought he had a pretty good last half season considering.

franklin2323

Immortal

I think Roosters are the best. GC the worst everyone in between there it all depends on the young guys stepping up.

We seem fitter and fixed hooker are big additions we should know soon enough but regardless of where we finish. I don’t see Broncs or Sharks in the finals

betcats

Referee
I suspect that Edwards will improve. We all know that he had a terrible start to the season, although if I recall correctly he was coming back from a layoff. I think it took guts and determination to come back from where he was, and to me, that signals that he is willing to put the hours into improving himself. I thought he had a pretty good last half season considering.

He isn’t a ball player and he can have issues with the high ball but he does everything else right. If our halves and the attack in general can fire this season having a great support player like Edwards will prove a bonus.

franklin2323

Immortal
He isn’t a ball player and he can have issues with the high ball but he does everything else right. If our halves and the attack in general can fire this season having a great support player like Edwards will prove a bonus.

People know I have been saying Edwards should have no future here but if you get him using his support play he could be handy enough

TheFrog

Coach
It wasn't so much the high ball, but the ball at his ankles that gave him trouble. I've seen Tedesco drop a few of these too.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Dylan Edwards is the least of our worries. Really solid footy player even if he doesn’t have the ball playing game everyone seem’s to want to crave. Vastly underrated our Dylan in my opinion.

In my opinion he is a solid club player who puts in every game he plays.

Dylan is prepared to be an active support player, he has speed, breaks tackles and the line. When you have those type of skills ball playing is not so necessary.

Kilkenny

Coach
In my opinion he is a solid club player who puts in every game he plays.

Dylan is prepared to be an active support player, he has speed, breaks tackles and the line. When you have those type of skills ball playing is not so necessary.

Fine player. Surely it’s up to the young guns in Staines and Laurie to take the position of him that is the test for them.

Fangs

Coach
You would think a fine and right to play given he missed the last season

Whatever the result it could completely affect the top 17. He looks like the best option for the 14 jersey.

After that its Kenny, Burton or maybe Capewell depending on how Ivan shapes the backrow. I predict the latter will start with Yeo and JFH.

franklin2323

Immortal
Whatever the result it could completely affect the top 17. He looks like the best option for the 14 jersey.

After that its Kenny, Burton or maybe Capewell depending on how Ivan shapes the backrow. I predict the latter will start with Yeo and JFH.

Much better balanced. Can give Kenny time in NSW Cup. Promote a backrower to ease into FG much better options

Kilkenny

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c36d2348b03289b12c9cfe19727526ce

Ratings aside...We have the 2nd least experienced spine.

That is the main reason backs are the least of our concerns

It’s only the 5/8 position where we are inexperienced. Back up hooker if Api gets injured. The brains trust elected to recruit a front rower , utility forward and dummy half that was there decision and they should be accountable for that decision. Anyway as the season approaches it is time to get behind Ivan and his team regardless of the past 18 months.

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s only the 5/8 position where we are inexperienced. Back up hooker if Api gets injured. The brains trust elected to recruit a front rower , utility forward and dummy half that was there decision and they should be accountable for that decision. Anyway as the season approaches it is time to get behind Ivan and his team regardless of the past 18 months.

Edwards only has 45 games. Rookies behind him as the article says only Dogs worse off

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards only has 45 games. Rookies behind him as the article says only Dogs worse off

Edwards debuted in 2016 albeit on the wing against the Sharks. He is fine. He’s no rookie very experience and very accomplished. The good thing for us is we have two potential fullbacks who are going to be putting pressure on him for his position in Staines and Laurie. If he get’s injured or suffers from a form lapse then we have options albeit rookies. I have every confidence in Dylan having a really good season this year if he is injury free.

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards debuted in 2016 albeit on the wing against the Sharks. He is fine. He’s no rookie very experience and very accomplished. The good thing for us is we have two potential fullbacks who are going to be putting pressure on him for his position in Staines and Laurie. If he get’s injured or suffers from a form lapse then we have options albeit rookies. I have every confidence in Dylan having a really good season this year if he is injury free.

Who at 45 games has been a complete player? This is the 1st year he has been the top number 1.