What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

If they dont play there they should be kicked out. Actually the NRL should make it a condition of their license that if they look like making stupid decisions the NRL can step in and take over the license.

But if Souths think they get more crowds because of a more committed fan base out west and make more money playing at ANZ, then why is it a stupid decision?

T-Boon

Coach
But if Souths think they get more crowds because of a more committed fan base out west and make more money playing at ANZ, then why is it a stupid decision?

Because if they did "THINK" that it would be further signs of them being another dumb club. ANZ is a hell hole while the new SFS will be brilliant and the Rabbitohs are Souths not Wests and there are already 4 Western Sydney teams we dont need another one.
The clubs are notoriously dumb in their thinking and they tend to take easy money rather than be able to be strategic for prudent longer term good decisions.

Because if they did "THINK" that it would be further signs of them being another dumb club. ANZ is a hell hole while the new SFS will be brilliant and the Rabbitohs are Souths not Wests and there are already 4 Western Sydney teams we dont need another one.
The clubs are notoriously dumb in their thinking and they tend to take easy money rather than be able to be strategic for prudent longer term good decisions.

I won’t argue with you re grounds but Souths may have a business case that’s working for them. Just raising the possibility because the Souths aren’t one of the dumb clubs anymore.

The dans just cant get enough of these suburban shit holes..... sorry “stadiums”....

I’m not in anyway trying to defend these crowd figures cos I simply can’t. But do you think the attendance figures would’ve been much bigger if these two games were played out of a centralised, state of the art, mini bankwest-type stadium?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m not in anyway trying to defend these crowd figures cos I simply can’t. But do you think the attendance figures would’ve been much bigger if these two games were played out of a centralised, state of the art, mini bankwest-type stadium?

well if there is no way of getting them better then these clubs are going to be in trouble as they won’t remain viable. I mean manly was a sunny sunday afternoon with a team that was finding some form with the return of their star. Souths had lots going against it: Thursday night, rain shthole that is anz but as a top 4 clash with supposedly one of the biggest fanbases in Sydney it should have reached 5 figures. Tigers, Campbelltown seems a crowd graveyard these days and they need to consider if it’s viable to keep playing there. Dragons Sydney fans seem to have abandoned them and just can’t be arsed. No doubt they’d all be marching in the street though if nrl decided to kick them out.

The game in Sydney has some big fan engagement issues. It gets papered over with the occasional decent crowd but it’s looking a long way from a top tier sport on too many occasions.

This Year?

Immortal
Mothers Day generally has poor crowds. Maybe to counter this there could have been a double header, but I doubt very much both the home clubs would have went for it.

well if there is no way of getting them better then these clubs are going to be in trouble as they won’t remain viable. I mean manly was a sunny sunday afternoon with a team that was finding some form with the return of their star. Souths had lots going against it: Thursday night, rain shthole that is anz but as a top 4 clash with supposedly one of the biggest fanbases in Sydney it should have reached 5 figures. Tigers, Campbelltown seems a crowd graveyard these days and they need to consider if it’s viable to keep playing there. Dragons Sydney fans seem to have abandoned them and just can’t be arsed. No doubt they’d all be marching in the street though if nrl decided to kick them out.

The game in Sydney has some big fan engagement issues. It gets papered over with the occasional decent crowd but it’s looking a long way from a top tier sport on too many occasions.

It’s too easy to stay home and watch it on tele, I guess and we need to ask ourselves, is it a better product on TV than at the ground for general punters?

A question to all on LU. What do you guys do after a game apart from a few beers? I bet like me, you all go home and watch the game again to see the stuff you missed out on by being at the ground, yeh?

My Swans mates don’t. Their game reveals itself better live at the match as it gets played out over a vast area that you don’t get on tele. Plus there’s less nuance and intricacies in their game that would only be obvious on tele. No bias lol. It’s a problem the game itself can’t solve. As usual, better game day experience is called for but they seem to do nothing about it. They never review ticket prices either.

Last edited:

reanimate

Bench

It rained most of the morning and up to shortly before kickoff on the Northern Beaches. The club has also done a shithouse job with communicating the fact that there are still family friendly areas available after the closure of the northern hill for construction.

Latest posts