What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
I think this is the biggest disadvantage for RL as a spectator sport...

Go to just about any other major sport and you can sit anywhere and get a pretty good view. It just doesnt matter where you sit.

Go the RL and everyone wonts to sit on the halfway. We get these big clumps of fans and huge empty spaces everywhere else.

The new stadiums may change that. In my opinion the best views at Bankwest are from the ends. They are high and close to the action.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The new stadiums may change that. In my opinion the best views at Bankwest are from the ends. They are high and close to the action.

yeh aami similar, better atmosphere, better rain coverage at the ends and the view is great. You get to see plays unfolding much better from the ends if they are well designed.

Vee

First Grade
Hosting Penrith, Melbourne and the Rabbitohs on Thursday nights will hit us a bit, but if they continue to have a dig like last night a 30-32k average will be possible!
A shame they wasted the big drawing eels at a time when the fans are still uncertain whether to risk their hard-earned to go watch.

T-Boon

Coach
yeh aami similar, better atmosphere, better rain coverage at the ends and the view is great. You get to see plays unfolding much better from the ends if they are well designed.

Because there is good elevation you can see from the end what you couldnt in the past which is the metre eating on a hit up.

11812 Melb
19555 Newc
28313 Brisb
14077 Penrith

no crowds from the SCG or Gosford yet ??

looked about 12 to 14K at the SCG
about 5K at gosford

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Looked decent at the scg the members pav and ladies looked packed. Hopefully plenty of knights fans travel to Gosford next week

Dodgy weather and reduced capacity considered. Good 1st up crowds
Agreed
not withstanding gosford , but its understandable that with the titans having no supporters down here that it was going to be difficult to get a crowd there on a searing hot uncomfortable day with the beach only a few k's away.
Weather down here today in Canberra is utterly horrendous unfortunately
was pouring rain an hour ago , & its about 8c
Rains stopped for the time being but is expected to come again soon.
Will impact the crowd which was expected be to be up 16K. Damn shame

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed
not withstanding gosford , but its understandable that with the titans having no supporters down here that it was going to be difficult to get a crowd there on a searing hot uncomfortable day with the beach only a few k's away.
Weather down here today in Canberra is utterly horrendous unfortunately
was pouring rain an hour ago , & its about 8c
Rains stopped for the time being but is expected to come again soon.
Will impact the crowd which was expected be to be up 16K. Damn shame

It wasn't that long ago Panthers were getting 6k v GC. The weather meant the beach was a better option. So even Gosford wasn't too bad.

Yeah terrible weather today won't help crowds but still better than last year

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Shithouse weather in Canberra. It’s starting to clear but probably will knock off a thousand rock-ups.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
For those who aren't in Canberra. It was rubbish weather most of the day. Pissing down rain, cold and windy all morning. Cleared up by kick-off.

I would've been there today with 3 in tow if the weather was better. Alas - the kids wanted inside movie time with friends instead which is fair enough.

To think it could've been bigger than 15k were it not for dodgy weather. The Raiders really are going strong here in Canberra.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I would never blame the Warriors for drawing badly at Gosford (particularly against the GC)

but, if CC fans Arent turning up this season, it surely kills the CC Bears bid.

This is the chance for Gosford fans to show that they deserve a team (or at least a stack of relocated games). But if they keep drawing less than 5k, thats basically the end of the discussion, right?

Latest posts