What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 EF 1 Sat - Sydney 25-24 Gold Coast @ QCBS

Finals Week 1: Sydney v Gold Coast

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Finals Week 1
Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 11 September 2021

NRL kickoff 5:40pm

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Adam Keighran 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Sam Walker 15. Isaac Liu 16. Egan Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Dale Copley 19. Ben Thomas 20. Ben Marschke 21. Naufahu Whyte

GOLDCOAST-2021.png

1. Jayden Campbell 2. Phillip Sami 3. Brian Kelly 4. Patrick Herbert 5. Corey Thompson 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Beau Fermor 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Erin Clark 15. Sam Lisone 16. David Fifita 17. Jaimin Jolliffe 18. Sam McIntyre 19. Toby Sexton 20. Greg Marzhew 21. Anthony Don

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sombreros will grind out a win with their finals experience. The GC will be a tad complacent after demolishing the Warriors

Eelectrica

Referee
I just hope this game doesn't turn into a training run for the Roosters.

Titans a fairly young side and a 10 win team at the end of the day. No blame their, that's the rules. Still shows they have a ways to go yet

The_Frog

First Grade
Last time the Titans played in a final, five years ago, they were reamed by G. Sutton. I hope they get a fair go this time. They've got some attack, although most likely the Roosters will get them on Tupou's side. Might be a high scoring affair like last time they met.

Valheru

Coach
This is basically a free hit for the titans as there is no pressure. Expect them to do some wild shit with the ball.. chip and chase.. mid field grubbers... spreading from their own end etc. If a couple of those plays get tries then look out.

We should have a few too many points in us though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Roosters.

Titans have done well this year though, they might not be the strongest top 8 side that's ever qualified but they won when they had to.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Love to see Titans win as I'm enjoying watching Jayden Campbell. However despite their injuries, the experience of the Roosters should see them get up.

yobbo84

Coach
Whilst I don't think it'll happen, the Roosters with a fantastic 16-8 record being knocked out in week 1 by a team that only won 10 games would be pretty funny to watch. Make it happen Titans!

big hit!

Bench
Melbourne - Penrith
Manly
Souths
Parra
Easts
Newcastle
The rest

Based on that - Easts should win easily

Fangs

Coach
Titans last played in the finals back in 2010. Lack of experience and having the worst defence in the top 8 will seal their fate.

JB04

Juniors
Titans last played in the finals back in 2010. Lack of experience and having the worst defence in the top 8 will seal their fate.
Think you'll find it was 2016. But yep, Roosters will toy with them, especially with their ins this week

davi

Juniors
That they did, what a forgettable year that must have been.

It wasn't that forgettable. Jarryd Hayne came in late in the season from the NFL. There was alot of fanfare about his arrival back in the NRL. He did kind of wreck the chemistry though they were travelling better without him. I remember in the finals against the Broncos Hayne knocked the ball on from the kickoff. The suggestion the refs robbed the Titans is rewriting history.

GongPanther

Referee
Titans have nothing to lose and everything to gain. With that said, the Titans should take what they did last week and throw caution to the wind. The other side of the coin here is that Easts are expected to win.

So if it is a close one with around 15 minutes on the clock, expect the Titans to play a brand of football that got them here, and Easts will no doubt start to panic, which will throw their game off tilt.

Tits by 4 to 6, or Easts by 12. Either way, I hope it's a good game

And the other plus for the Titans is, that they are not playing in Sydney, but in familiar surrounds were the crowd will be right behind them.