What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

JokerEel

Coach
BA coaching philosophy seemed to be wanting experienced forwards.

He and the club struggled to develop and trust young forwards coming through the ranks.

Tepai Moeroa was one of the few juniors that played in the forwards to come through the BA era and play 100+ games.

Tepai probably didn't reach his potential either. You wonder how he could have gone with better coaching from a young age.

I can't recall many more off the top of my head.

It's why he went out and recruited Watmough, Scott, Matagi, Evans, Paulo, RCG, Makatoa, Ogden.

And they let a fair few young kids go.

BA either didn't trust very young forwards or just preferred more harden forwards in there mid to late 20s to do a job.

Tepai had the potential to be the best Eels player but got fat

Ryles. Barrett. Eddie Jones
That's the New EELS Coaching staff
With the Dragons connection's
Unions connection's 😊
Ryles and Hannay should play paper rock and scissors to claim the position.

Best of 6 rounds.

If it’s a draw, we have a coaching selection bye for another couple of months.

I’m glad the eels officials don’t moonlight as uber eats drivers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our pack. Leota & JFH ran thru them in the grand final like they where made of toilet paper. Never seen such a soft effort in a grand final. 15mins and it was over.
Our pack has done fine in finals matches. The difference that week was the hangover from Townsville. We were obviously gassed when the game started. Your mate Gould predicted it before the Cowboys game even started.

Cloeel

Juniors
Our pack has done fine in finals matches. The difference that week was the hangover from Townsville. We were obviously gassed when the game started. Your mate Gould predicted it before the Cowboys game even started.

I assume after the Cowboys game we took it easy, rested up and appreciated the fanfare.

I wonder if we had done as much as we could to maintain the momentum from the cowboys win and been straight back into training - would it have been the same result the following week?

Momentum is key when you make the finals and if lost can be difficult to get back after such a mammoth effort.