What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Should be a good one.

Probably the 3rd GF in the NRL era I can think of that is a genuine 50/50 contest in my mind along with 2004 and 2018 . Note that the favourite in my mind hasn't always one

No idea... but the winner to win by less than 6.
I agree, the odds seem total whack to me. I wouldn't be betting against that wiley crusty old merkin to get his team over the line in a grand final.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Big Dance. Here it is. We had the easier prelim. They've been in 3 brutal street fights in 3 weeks. Like we did yesterday, we have to be ready from the first tackle. Rip in and be in their face in the first 20. If we can get on top early we should be able to hold them off because I do not see them having the energy late in the game to come over the top of us after what they've been through these last few weeks

Wayne knows all of this. He'll get the boys rolling.

Another thing. These are the Penrith scores beginning with the game against us: 10, 8, 10. They do not have a lot of points in them against good teams. Today they struggled to penetrate a Storm team that were running on fumes with just 15 fit players. If we are on the ball they will not score a winning score on us. BUT that is a big if.
I read this thinking that you were impersonating Nable.

Yikes.

yobbo84

First Grade
Should be a cracking match. Real shame it's not in Sydney.

I think we will give it a real shake but if we can't win it, losing to the team that hasn't won in 18 years and has been very good for 2 years isn't a bad way to lose. In saying that I just don't want Ivan to win a comp, so go the Rabbitohs!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The last time Bennett coached a Grand Final team at Lang Park was with another team called Souths. I believe that team featured Meninga, Belcher, Peter Jackson.

The Big Dance. Here it is. We had the easier prelim. They've been in 3 brutal street fights in 3 weeks. Like we did yesterday, we have to be ready from the first tackle. Rip in and be in their face in the first 20. If we can get on top early we should be able to hold them off because I do not see them having the energy late in the game to come over the top of us after what they've been through these last few weeks

Wayne knows all of this. He'll get the boys rolling.

Another thing. These are the Penrith scores beginning with the game against us: 10, 8, 10. They do not have a lot of points in them against good teams. Today they struggled to penetrate a Storm team that were running on fumes with just 15 fit players. If we are on the ball they will not score a winning score on us. BUT that is a big if.
Defence wins grand finals and their defence the last two weeks has been outstanding

Fangs

Coach
It's a simple game. It's called Rugby League.

And like any game there are good guys and bad guys.

If you actually care, then you know who to support.

Floodwaters

Juniors
South's need to show up in defence because I see this game going 1 of 2 ways either;

1. Penrith blow Rabbits off the park and win by 40+

2. Low scoring grind both teams still in it late.

Latest posts