What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Our forward pack delivered above expectations all year but really got shown up tonight

The Panthers pack was just for superior
I wouldn't say far superior. The Panthers pack played the perfect game and suffocated Souths go forward, giving them very little opportunity. I thought the Bennet tactic was right but the backs couldn't execute in the moments they got. Losing Arrow was the difference in the end. I didn't have Souths in the Grand Final and they have done their fans proud. If Latrell was there too I have no doubt Souths would have won.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
The key strategic reason Souths lost that game was a lack of pressure on Cleary when kicking. All those kicks resulted in pinpoint placements that often ended with errors. Why they had such a poor possession ratio, so many repeat sets they had to absorb.

Have to say Wayne Bennett fluffed it, how do you not assign a player nor two to hound Cleary every play? The most influential player with his kicks and play set ups, they needed to hound him.

Was watching the blocking all game, given the feud a few weeks ago. There was a guy usually hanging around near the play the ball on the fifth, but they still couldve tried to rush him more.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I thought To’o, Burton or Crichton could’ve got it. Stats show they were among the biggest metre eaters and Burton and Crichton came up with highlight plays. But it’s always gonna go to either a battling middle forward or a half.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez, the difference between what the Walking Foot said and what Yeo said in their little speeches is striking.

Maximus

Coach
All I can say is, I'm happy it wasn't Melbourne, but the Pennies can thank their lucky stars the ref was in their pocket. Offside all night, tried to milk the jersey cow for penalties and an outrageously unlikable group of players.

Apart from May and Luai, what's the problem with the rest of them?

Meth

Staff member
To'o was good, but wingers don't tend to win Clive Churchills, do they?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
You misunderstand me. Every single tackle one, the Panthers hold down on purpose to get their defensive line set. Sutton is refusing to call six again even though he should be.

The Panthers simply do not play in the spirit of the game and it’s disgusting.
and Murray lies down behind the ruck to slow down the Penrith play the ball. they cancel each other out