What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

TheRiff

Juniors
That's 2 replacements for him, 2 for JFH, 2 for the other prop, one to bring May on, leaving only 1 left in case someone gets hurt. Seems risky.

Teams never use just 8 replacements, The last few games he has came on as a HIA replacement

The yak

Juniors
I hope the players that are battling to be fit aren't liabilities. It concerns me some are touch and go won't train all week. I hope if cleared for the game they are fit to get through it.
We don't need to be caught short with one or two players going down.

The yak

Juniors
With Souths beating us in the 1st week of the finals it shows we can't take them lightly.
I am sure the boys will be wary of them and more importantly want to even the score.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope the players that are battling to be fit aren't liabilities. It concerns me some are touch and go won't train all week. I hope if cleared for the game they are fit to get through it.
We don't need to be caught short with one or two players going down.

According to reports Fish, Bizza and Edwards didn't train last week either.

If they are deemed OK to go, they will be fit enough to manage.

Goonji

Juniors
Don’t know if you watch much rugby league but every game we talk about ref and the calls they make. I’m sure this game will be no different
The Refs make mistakes but for the majority of every game played, the players control the outcome either through their efforts, mistakes or their skills. Luck also plays a part. May the best team (Panthers) win.

WestyLife

First Grade
The thing not mentioned is Reynolds loves to kick a 40/20 and we don't defend them well at times. Edwards has to be switched onto it. Nathan has put his own away for the season which is weird.

mxlegend99

Referee
The thing not mentioned is Reynolds loves to kick a 40/20 and we don't defend them well at times. Edwards has to be switched onto it. Nathan has put his own away for the season which is weird.
I wonder if we put some plays away from earlier in the season to use only if needed and have to throw out on grand final day.

So we practice them early on. Perfect them. Then sit on them so we have something up our sleeves for the must win games that the opposition hopefully aren't ready for. I highly doubt we are going to do that. But i truly hope we have something saved.

WestyLife

First Grade
I wonder if we put some plays away from earlier in the season to use only if needed and have to throw out on grand final day.

So we practice them early on. Perfect them. Then sit on them so we have something up our sleeves for the must win games that the opposition hopefully aren't ready for. I highly doubt we are going to do that. But i truly hope we have something saved.

I sure hope so. There's a few things that got put away so to speak.

Frankus

Juniors
According to reports Fish, Bizza and Edwards didn't train last week either.

If they are deemed OK to go, they will be fit enough to manage.
As I said in a previous post they can play on it, if they rest right up BUT they will be doing f**k all training in order to let it heal enough to be fit to play. During the game they re-injure it. Rinse and repeat. Can limp through for a month or two, can’t really carry injuries like this for much longer otherwise can cause chronic issues.

unKwn

Juniors

We’ve been in a couple do or die games now so if we haven’t pulled out our attacking tricks by now then it’s unlikely to see one against Souths, unless it’s one where we target an individual player like against Storms we caught Fox out of position. I could see Cleary putting in one of those long grubbers for Critta to chase and hopefully score catching young Taafe out of position. We’ve done this play against Knights and Roosters this year with success.

maple_69

Bench
Some of our scrum plays just look impossible to defend but we rarely run it full gas. There's definitely a few things that they've pulled out of nowhere for a flashy try throughout the year and then never seen again.

Frankus

Juniors
The one I’m most surprised about of all the injuries is To’o. His ankle sprain, more specifically Syndesmosis is painful. The ligament holding your tibia and fibula, i.e. your shin and outer lower leg bone is torn. Either partially or entirely. If its partially torn, weight bearing on it can cause a complete rupture. Complete rupture can then cause the two bones to flex outwards from the downwards pressure on your ankle joint; which is basically like putting a wedge in between something to split it in half.
Either way, I have had Syndesmosis at the same time as complete rupture of all my anterior ligaments in my ankle. Hurt at the time. I consider myself a fairly tough bloke and fairly fit. I was walking around on it for a few days before my mri results came back - I knew it was f**ked.

But even with strapping and needles there is no way in hell I could have ran anything other than a straight line properly let alone played and considered lateral movement.

To’o is superhuman.

Whino

Bench
TPJ out, a shame but at least the call was made early.
A nice burst (if used right) by Spencer will fill the void.