What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It's still pretty weird. Not our fault, as Cleary would have just put it where the touchie told him to. Missed the kick anyway like a champ to avoid controversy. 4D thinker.

EDIT: First time I've ever seen Crowe's Twitter. Seems like a surprisingly decent bloke based on that. Apart from his love for the Rabbits.

MugaB

Coach
Isaah just said on the footy show that TPJ is a suspected medial, which probably rules him out. Also said he's unsure Moses will get up, but Fish will probably play through the pain. Surely if one of the front rowers doesn't get up, we bring Hopgood in rather than Eisenhuth? However, my gut tells me huth is next cab off the rank
Not to put direct poopoo on TPJ, but i feel if Spensor Leniu gets his spot instead, it would please me somewhat, i dont hate on TPJ, but the other guys who aren't getting games deserve to be in the GF ahead of him. Whether thats Leniu or Huth, if TPJ is fit then get him in at 18th man

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think it will be close. I reckon it will be a thrashing in favour of a Panthers win.
I just felt the Panthers had a soft run in and the squad was all over the place. When they got back together they faced Tigers and Eels NSW cups side. Bad prep. They needed some tough games to help them remember what level is needed to win.
The Eels had a brutal 5 weeks but come out of it seasoned and went up a gear in finals. I feel like Panthers got sloppy and just didn't get to the intensity needed when they met souths recently.
I'd be suprised if Souths stayed within 20 tbh. I just feel Penrith will going an early lead and run away in last 20 mins.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I feel like Panthers got sloppy and just didn't get to the intensity needed when they met souths recently.

We had the shittest game plan ever: bomb from everywhere all the time and hope the fullback drops it. That is almost literally all we did all night, and it gave Souths enough of a sniff to score a couple of tries, and our faltering attack had no way of getting us back into it.

roofromoz

First Grade
Can anyone tell me if the grand final is Chanel 9 only or will it be on kayo?

Exclusive on 9. That's why Fox League marketed themselves as having all the finals during September. But there was will a Fox call on replay, either with Warren Smith or Vossy.

Saffy

Juniors
What a week leading up to this game it will be. The chance of defeating one of the two original clubs in Souths. We have already have the other in Easts in which is a big badge of honor. But now we need the Souths scalp.
One thing that is more obvious every game Cleary can get away with dangerous tackles shoulder charges ect , hope grandfinal ref treats Sths similar somehow I doubt it,go Sths
God you’re a f**king sad arse ....

Leota's injury I think is a twinge. Should be good to go next week. There have been howlers that players should have been missing games in this finals series, but were overlooked. If Cleary is rubbed out, we should storm NRL HQ with rotten eggs...if hand grenades are not available.🤣he should of got 2 weeks ,it's a joke protected species!!

The Realist

Juniors
Not to put direct poopoo on TPJ, but i feel if Spensor Leniu gets his spot instead, it would please me somewhat, i dont hate on TPJ, but the other guys who aren't getting games deserve to be in the GF ahead of him. Whether thats Leniu or Huth, if TPJ is fit then get him in at 18th man

Huth is super ordinary as a dedicated Prop. No way would I play him if we had half decent options.

The Realist

Juniors
Interesting that we shelved the bomb yesterday.

It's still a dangerous play. We should test Paulo and Taffe again.

I actually thought that we shelved the grubber yesterday.

Early in the season we were getting a HEAP of forced drop outs. In the last few months we have gone away from it a lot.

I think forcing drop outs will be key in making some of the big Souths forwards tired.

If we try to make this a forward battle like against the Storm - we lose. We are more busted now than at the start of the game yesterday and we can't rely on luck to reduce their bench to 2.

We have to play smarter and I think repeat sets is something that will help us immensely.

maple_69

Bench
I’m feeling pretty good about this game. Add Leota, Edwards and a fit To’o vs the last game + a lesson learned on the kicking game tilts the forward battle/field position very significantly. We were flat last match up also. I think as long as we turn up with the same manic energy as we have for more of the season it will be enough.

The other nice thing is we have yet to see a true star turn in the finals out of Cleary, Kikau or Fish who are all very capable of another couple gears.