What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

Fangs

Coach
A lot riding on Dylan Edwards in this game. Might be a smoky for the CC medal if he makes it on the field.

NRL Tonight last night....24 minutes screen time...2 minutes discussing us (and basically turned it into a souths segment with satts talking about his dad when he tried to talk about us)
Hopefully, Bennett and his team suffer some Chronic Fatigue on game day, after listening, watching and reading about how good they are.

Whino

Bench
After soaking it all up last year, I'm limiting my consumption of the GF build up this year, especially on Fox League. I don't need to hear everyone's 'expert views' on how Souths are going to win because they are too fresh and in form for us or even if they think Penrith are going to win because we might have more big game players, our defence is better and that we'll learn from last year. I'm just waiting for Sunday Night to see what actually happens.

I have done the same. Actually, I have been limiting since we lost in finals week one.
Not interested into what the journos are peddling. Or what tart is on the front page of the paper in a Souths jersey.
Some of them have already been proven wrong the past 2 weeks.So why should I bother reading their crap or hype. I don't need to read the BS on who is fresh or battled hardened. Or who should win because it is fairytale ending. Screw sentiment.
End of the day if we play our best we will be very hard to beat.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He would be resting up as much as he can. Doesn't faze me him missing a fan day. He did a similar thing last week and by all reports didn't even take part in the captains run.
They know if he is playing.

After thinking about it, appears sensible lots of standing about. When you're fighting to be fit for game day. Why go there. ?

WestyLife

First Grade

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

giphy.gif

Whino

Bench
After thinking about it, appears sensible lots of standing about. When you're fighting to be fit for game day. Why go there. ?

If he is out, he is out. Someone else will need to step up. If he is a chance to play they will rest him up and do rehab on it. I have no question that he is in doubt.
The impression I get is they have been nursing him along the past month with it. Standing around at a fan day would not be helpful for him.

I remember Cronk a few years ago. Completely different injury but, everyone had him out. Days beforehand and hours beforehand. They were wrong. He played.
The proof will be coming soon.

age.s

First Grade
It's not ideal, but more than anything I'm just sad for Dyl. Whatever you think about his contribution on the field he's been an integral part of this iteration of our team and deserves to be there if we lift the trophy on Sunday.

roofromoz

First Grade
I watched as well total onesided reporting and biased towards Souths. What else would you expect from a Sydney based programme.

Even the DT - it's the little things I've noticed:

Panthers GF poster in the paper yesterday, front page is dominated by a Harvey Norman ad and a small insert in the corner saying free Panthers poster.

Today it's the Souths poster - a bigger promotion on the front page with an article on how Candice Warner loves the Bunnies.

A coincidence, right?

But then again, I tend to overthink and overanlyse these things.

Hooked

Juniors
Even the DT - it's the little things I've noticed:

Panthers GF poster in the paper yesterday, front page is dominated by a Harvey Norman ad and a small insert in the corner saying free Panthers poster.

Today it's the Souths poster - a bigger promotion on the front page with an article on how Candice Warner loves the Bunnies.

A coincidence, right?

But then again, I tend to overthink and overanlyse these things.

Couldn't care less how much the Maroubra Mattress loves Souths. Telegraph must be getting desperate having her on the front page.

Latest posts