What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

Panther Pete

Juniors
Kent on 360 finally stomped on the souths love in from Vonny and the others. I actually gave him a little cheer. It was in the first 10 minutes or so, it's worth a watch for those that missed it. It was funny how the sentiment from the others went 180 degrees after that.
Yeah Kent did say good things about us. I did however start swearing at the TV when knucklehead Spud Carroll and Toovey tried to say the refs helped us.

MrBlack

Juniors
Anti Vax players will get the jab. No doubt.

2 choices

1. a jab and $10,000 a week, or

2. get a job.

murraymob

Coach
Yeah Kent did say good things about us. I did however start swearing at the TV when knucklehead Spud Carroll and Toovey tried to say the refs helped us.
At the end he answered a question from a panther fan reminding him he said put a line through them.he admitted he got it wrong and full credit to penrith

Iamback

Coach
I do wonder if it was a conscious decision to tone down our attack due to the injuries. Or potentially to give us more energy and aggression in defensive line.

I was told it was the 1st. Basically the spine had no game time together across the year.

The injections on Cleary's shoulder had no impact. Throw in Edwards breaking his foot in Round 24 and hasn't trained since.

That is when Crichton came onto the wing to help in defence

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
My guess is the hardest thing about going back to back would be the hunger issue, you lose a little bit of competitive edge because you’ve already won a title. One little advantage we have to counter that is the return to Sydney aspect, hopefully the players will be really fired up in front of large home crowds in 2022.
its also our last season before panthers stadium gets knocked down for a rebuild

Iamback

Coach
First of all congratulations. I'm also glad Spencer played and won.
Great defense thru the whole finals and did it the hard way. I dare say beating the best 3 other side come finals.
Unsure what happened to your great attack however. But that's a tale for next year.
2003 and 91 where better grand finals imo.
But Savour the moment.

Edwards not training. Cleary only has 20% of his ligaments attached on his shoulder. So very limited.
To'o was a season ending injury

3 key guys on very limited training affects attack

The Realist

Juniors
My guess is the hardest thing about going back to back would be the hunger issue, you lose a little bit of competitive edge because you’ve already won a title. One little advantage we have to counter that is the return to Sydney aspect, hopefully the players will be really fired up in front of large home crowds in 2022.
Mirrors my thoughts exactly. Was a little worried by the after game interview when Yeo said we have climbed the games ‘Everest’. That is usually something a person would do once to tick it off the bucket list.

Hopefully they will be determined to win one ‘at home’ for the fans.

Iamback

Coach
Mirrors my thoughts exactly. Was a little worried by the after game interview when Yeo said we have climbed the games ‘Everest’. That is usually something a person would do once to tick it off the bucket list.

Hopefully they will be determined to win one ‘at home’ for the fans.

No one has ever won multiple premierships for the club.
Cleary and Yeo are yet to play for Aust etc. still got things to cross off

The_Frog

First Grade
No one has ever won multiple premierships for the club.
Only two people took the field in both the 1991 and 2003 GF's. Brad Fittler, for us in '91 and the Roosters in '03, and Bill Harrigan, the ref both times.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I do wonder if it was a conscious decision to tone down our attack due to the injuries. Or potentially to give us more energy and aggression in defensive line.

I think because of Edwards and To'o's injuries it seemed sensible.

In 2020 G/F we were not used to and unable to grind out a win. The game plan was built to beat the storm. It also worked on other teams too.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was told it was the 1st. Basically the spine had no game time together across the year.

The injections on Cleary's shoulder had no impact. Throw in Edwards breaking his foot in Round 24 and hasn't trained since.

That is when Crichton came onto the wing to help in defence

Very smart game plan. Best of all, it worked.