What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Souths v Penrith Oct 3rd

TheParraboy

Staff member
Do we think if the Ruff cant win on Sunday then very unlikely they are up there next year?

Losing Burton and Capewell is huge. These two guys id say have been a main part of a lot of their wins

Plus losing depth of Naden and Pangai who has been enormous for them last few weeks

Plus be kinda deflating losing two on the trot

jk13

First Grade
forced to go for souths, i wonder what cheating method the ruff use for this game

hindy111

Post Whore
Do we think if the Ruff cant win on Sunday then very unlikely they are up there next year?

Losing Burton and Capewell is huge. These two guys id say have been a main part of a lot of their wins

Plus losing depth of Naden and Pangai who has been enormous for them last few weeks

Naden wouldn't get a look in next year. I'm not a Staines fan but he will be a year older and stronger. Mays brother Taylan would jump him in pecking order. Jennings may if fit. Tago will definitely be in the 17 and a kid called Turuva is meant to be better then the lot.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Maybe it will be more of mental challenge for them if they get done again. Having been the dominant team for 2 years to win squat.

I think with nathan cleary though they will be pretty strong for a while not many quality 7s around anymore so penrith will be in the top half for the next decade as long as nathan is fit

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
My reasoning for choosing who to support is purely for selfish reasons. We need Penrith to win it so their motivation may waiver come 2022, ultimately giving us more of a chance. The Bunnies won't be as strong next year so no need to worry there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Looks like going ahead at this stage

630pm kick off in QLD
730pm in NSW

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ce46b56d4efa15629d8e5e9217503142

October 2nd, 2021 8:17 am

Crowd capacity: 75 per cent of 52,500 capacity will be permitted to attend.

FORECAST

Sunny 15-30 degrees, Sunny. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon.

GRAND FINAL DAY SCHEDULE

Times AEST, QLD local. Note that daylight savings commences in NSW, Vic, SA, TAS and ACT on Sunday morning at 2am

12:00pm: Gates open at Suncorp Stadium

12:15pm: Intrust Super Cup Preliminary Final: Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Tweed Seagulls (live on Channel 9 QLD, Fox League & Kayo)

2:45pm: Intrust Super Cup Preliminary Final: Norths Devils v Burleigh Bears (live on Channel 9 QLD, Fox League & Kayo)

5:00pm: Retiring players tribute

5:30pm: Pre-Game Entertainment commences

6:30pm: NRL Grand Final: Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs kick-off (live on Channel 9)

murraymob

Coach
Panthers I feel will be to powerfull. I could be wrong. But they have flogged Souths twice. Yes Souths beat them recently. Panthers where not up to scratch and look to have found their mojo. I wouldn't be suprised if this was a 30+ drubbing.
Can you please tip the bunnies not sure we can carry you lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
it's a rather loose term calling it entertainment, I never switch it on till this shit is over

nothing will ever beat Meatloaf

Tuckers daughter doesnt float my boat either

41b976135daabe26779dca5a9b8ced31

Gazzamatta

Coach
it's a rather loose term calling it entertainment, I never switch it on till this shit is over

nothing will ever beat Meatloaf
Yep. As soon as they utter the words "The Pre Game Entertainment will be on right after these advertisements " I'm outta there like a bad outa hell.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maybe it will be more of mental challenge for them if they get done again. Having been the dominant team for 2 years to win squat.

I think with nathan cleary though they will be pretty strong for a while not many quality 7s around anymore so penrith will be in the top half for the next decade as long as nathan is fit
They weren't the dominant team this year. Melbourne were.