What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 injuries thread

TheDMC

Bench
Egan's injury not too serious, will definitely miss round 1, but might be back for round 2.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ors-wayde-egan-cleared-of-serious-injury.html

I really hope Jazz doesn't play round 1 as the main hooker, his service is crap.

Whoever plays there has to be able to do three things, in this order:
1. Provide crisp, accurate service
2. Tackle well in the middle
3. Some darting runs, at the right time

Nothing more, nothing less. I'd much rather see a 20 year old debutant thrown in who has that skillset than a makeshift hooker who doesn't have the skillset to do the above, especially point 1. It will screw our game completely. Our attack is clunky enough as it is.

So, who do we have?

Big Marn

Juniors
With Ratuva's spot free, they should definitely buy another hooker on a 1 year deal if possible. Its looking like they will be based in Oz for the majority of the season. Redcliffe is supposed to be affiliated with them. How about looking there?
Egan only lasted 10 mins into a trial game so whos to say he wont get injured again later in the season. Brown has admitted the slow delivery affected their attack so I cant see him picking Tevaga if he has a better option.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I think they’ll go with Kodi at 9 this week due to his experience there. He can still come into a playmaking role at times if needed. Jazz off the bench for a few dummy half minutes as well. Unsure who this leaves to play at 6 tho. Maybe a Turner and CHT combo? But certainly think buying a hooker for 1 year is the way to go

Big Marn

Juniors
I think they’ll go with Kodi at 9 this week due to his experience there. He can still come into a playmaking role at times if needed. Jazz off the bench for a few dummy half minutes as well. Unsure who this leaves to play at 6 tho. Maybe a Turner and CHT combo? But certainly think buying a hooker for 1 year is the way to go
yeh im reluctant to put kodi at 9 as that would put a bit too much playmaking pressure on CHT. I am hoping we find another option.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Agree but if Jazz is going to offer slow service and we have no other hookers other than younger development players or Perham and Turner makeshift options, i don’t see there being much choice. I’m thinking it’ll be something like
9. Kodi
7. Turner
6. CHT

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Being an ex hooker himself, surely Brown can see the importance of having a good one there. I’m happy that if our hooker gets injured during a game we have to make do with what we have, like we did on the weekend, but please, no way do you start the game with a makeshift hooker like Jazz. It’s setting us up to fail.

I guess the big call is, would we prefer to have Kodi there with a rookie playmaker until Egan is back, or do we go rookie hooker with our first choice halves pairing?

The latter for me. Deffo need to plan for this a bit more in the year, as its a huge ask for Egan to play 80 min week in week out with no injury or break

TheDMC

Bench
Major bad injury news for Warriors about to announced on three news after the ad break.....f**k!

TheDMC

Bench
Major bad injury news for Warriors about to announced on three news after the ad break.....f**k!

Actually I think I was hearing things, seems it might be about no home games at Mt Smart this year, which is well, meh. I swear I heard "major injury." I'm obviously far too invested and paranoid...

As you were.

TheDMC

Bench
Nah think i were right, it did mention something bout injuries. TV version of click bait i guess

I swear it did too man! Then next promo during ad break it was dramatic news about no home games....thought I was going mad.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Wow that is so unfortunate. Jeeze, probably our two weakest positions in centre and hooker, and that’s where we have our injuries

Big Marn

Juniors
id give perham another crack at centre. otherwise its probably going to be fus or pompey there. rather keep fus and hiku on the same side tho.

Latest posts