What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
Was never getting a downgrade with the injury

After shouting from heaven and earth that Mitchell deserved more for the injury caused…apparently it’s fine to break the Titans player nose and for there to be a downgrade…Can’t have it both ways

Massive difference. Latrells actions caused the injury.

With Verrills there was no action. He was standing still and didnt move shoulders arms etc

yobbo84

First Grade
"He's got to be careful with it I guess with making contact with the head. Maybe he's just got to learn the lesson from that."

"You don't want to be breaking people's faces. It sucks for him because he now misses out for the rest of the year."

- James Tedesco, 29 August 2021

Listen to your captain. You make contact with the head and break bones in the face, you get suspended. Whether it's careless like Verrills (1-2 weeks) or reckless like Mitchell (6-9 weeks), you just can't do it.

BranVan3000

Coach
Seriously that will do me. The judiciary is s joke

Verrils never leads with shoulder or swings into the contact. He simply stands still and Kelly runs into him.

Those clowns that compared it to Latrells tackle give yourself an uppercut. Latrell charged recklessly into the tackle with a swinging arm motion. Totally reckless.

2 weeks for that. FMD Kaufusi got two weeks for putting Matterson out for weeks.

I guess the NRL will finally knock the Roosters out one way or another
He deserves 8 weeks

"He's got to be careful with it I guess with making contact with the head. Maybe he's just got to learn the lesson from that."

"You don't want to be breaking people's faces. It sucks for him because he now misses out for the rest of the year."

- James Tedesco, 29 August 2021

Listen to your captain. You make contact with the head and break bones in the face, you get suspended. Whether it's careless like Verrills (1-2 weeks) or reckless like Mitchell (6-9 weeks), you just can't do it.
Mate that is stretching a long bow. How in this case was Verrils careless??

lockyno1

Post Whore
Massive difference. Latrells actions caused the injury.

With Verrills there was no action. He was standing still and didnt move shoulders arms etc

So I guess Kelly broke his own nose then? Come off it. He was careless and hit him in the head, and it caused a fracture. Grade 2 is in the generous side.

Valheru

Coach
Was never getting a downgrade with the injury

After shouting from heaven and earth that Mitchell deserved more for the injury caused…apparently it’s fine to break the Titans player nose and for there to be a downgrade…Can’t have it both ways
He said he should have got more on the field i.e. a send off. He never commented on the suspension.

Valheru

Coach
Based on precedent this season he deserves a suspension. The problem is, in the exact same round, they gave someone else a lessor charge for a very similar incident.

Just lol at the attempts to compare this to Latrell.

Valheru

Coach
Deserved one week, not two. But that's on Roosters. Desperation or arrogance?
A 100 base point penalty would have been reasonable and given his record would have been a 75 point penalty for an early pea and free to play.

The problem as I said earlier is a 100 point penalty (1 week) does not exist for a careless high tackle. It is either a fine or 200 points (2 weeks) which I think needs to be looked at.

It is inconceivable that Paulo's tackle could be considered Grade 1 and Verrill's Grade 2. The outcome is quite irrelevant, the point is that Paulo launched with his shoulder, with force and the point of contact was the head. It was much closer to the Latrell Mitchell tackle imho. To see this receiving just a fine is in complete contradiction of the notion of being serious about protecting the head.

Verrills pretty much holds his ground and caught Kelly's nose as Kelly was tackled low and fell onto Verrills shoulder when on his way down. It was always going to attract a charge but how the same group of people can look at these 2 tackles and consider Paulo's grade 1 and Verrill's grade 2 is incredulous.

I refuse to believe that these people can be this incompetent and it is pretty much on a weekly basis. It stinks and the whole process needs to be overhauled. Strangely I find the judiciary to be much more balanced but they can only deal with the cards they are dealt with. They can't even do anything about the Paulo tackle.

The Match Review Committee is comprised completely by ex-players. Hence consistency is not going to be a strong suit I would think.

yobbo84

First Grade
A 100 base point penalty would have been reasonable and given his record would have been a 75 point penalty for an early pea and free to play.

The problem as I said earlier is a 100 point penalty (1 week) does not exist for a careless high tackle. It is either a fine or 200 points (2 weeks) which I think needs to be looked at.
It was 1 week - with an early plea.

It was never going to get off and even the Roosters I think deep down would have known that - it was just a massive roll of the dice because you have no players left.

Valheru

Coach
It was 1 week - with an early plea.

It was never going to get off and even the Roosters I think deep down would have known that - it was just a massive roll of the dice because you have no players left.
The charge is 2 weeks. You get rewarded for an early plea.

If you believe he only deserved 1 week then the charge was wrong. There is no such thing as 1 week for a careless high tackle any more.

Same deal with a crusher.

yobbo84

First Grade
If you believe 2 weeks was reasonable for Verills that's fine.

A lot of people believe it is 1 week thus the wrong charge.
Weeks are irrelevant. You can't break someone's nose with your shoulder and only get a Grade 1. The second-lowest possible high tackle charge is about right considering the circumstances and the outcome.

Latest posts