What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
That f**king ridiculous charge on Burr last week is going to cost him a week.

The challenge system at the judiciary is horrifically weighed IMO.

To add a potential extra few matches if the judiciary finds against you is a rort. It’s geared toward disincentivising a player from making a challenge - and thus “justifying” the NRLs judiciary charges...

note how it’s always reported as “(insert player name) has ACCEPTED a two week ban...”...

Im sure many players don’t accept it at all, they are cornered into an unfavourable situation where they risk a longer sentence..

I bet many players would like to challenge but it’s too risky to be out for longer... and clubs would be against it - also knowing in the current climate the odds are stacked against a favourable result - which would make the NRL look bad...

I’d suggest that a more fair system would be an unsuccessful challenge should only incur a monetary fine of $xxxx - which basically to cover judiciary costs.. it could also be proportionate to the level of charge/suspension..

It’s enough to disincentivise a frivolous challenge, but leaves the more fair opportunity for a player / club to challenge a charge...

But the NRL would never do something like this under Vlandys watch... he needs to feel justified. And this bogus judiciary system is geared toward upholding this.

some11

Referee
The challenge system at the judiciary is horrifically weighed IMO.

To add a potential extra few matches if the judiciary finds against you is a rort. It’s geared toward disincentivising a player from making a challenge - and thus “justifying” the NRLs judiciary charges...

note how it’s always reported as “(insert player name) has ACCEPTED a two week ban...”...

Im sure many players don’t accept it at all, they are cornered into an unfavourable situation where they risk a longer sentence..
What do you expect haha, it's based off the idea of plea bargaining.

Maybe if every charge was challenged they'd change it.

Last edited:

lazza

Juniors
That was ultra dangerous he’s lucky JAC hasn’t done his ACL with that move.
Josh McGuire is a flog and pretty grubby player, but 5-7 weeks for that is crazy.
I know he has priors and all that jazz which probably added to his time, but he is just tackling someone from behind to get them to the ground. I don’t even know if it should have been a penalty.
They all know what they're doing - don't be fooled by it being disguised as a "clumsy" tackle. I think his earlier high shot was also on jac

aussie7798

First Grade
Well that will be radley gone from origin not the best record to start with and he wont even be able to get fines because of multiple instances.

siv

First Grade
Looking forward to Radleys charge sheet after 4 on reports

Be interesting ti see how Easts get out of this

4 fine donations coming up

skeepe

Immortal
Hahahaha not only did NAS get a penalty for his shameless dive, Whitehead actually got charged!

My team suck but the game’s admin is a total shambles.

JJ

Immortal
Josh McGuire is a flog and pretty grubby player, but 5-7 weeks for that is crazy.
I know he has priors and all that jazz which probably added to his time, but he is just tackling someone from behind to get them to the ground. I don’t even know if it should have been a penalty.
The fool isn't playing for the Broncos any more, simple as that..

Be interesting to look suspensions for players at the Broncos/Storm/Roosters and then when they leave...

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Pleas in for plenty of charges now - Radley (disputing grading on the careless HT) and Crichton (not guilty) are both going to RLC tomorrow night. Manu has since taken the $1150 fine.

Danish

Referee
If the players were smart they’d all challenge at the judiciary. Given each case takes about an hour to hear the case and deliberate, they’d never have enough time to hear them all this week.

do that every week and the panel would become useless.

the NRL would have no choice but the figure out how to change the system to make it work better.

Valheru

Coach
Don't blame Angus for contesting, I am still not sure what he was actually charged for. Of course I can see it on the charge sheet but it just looked like a good tackle.

Can someone clarify that if you contest a grading and you fail you don't get punished with extra weeks like you would if you plead not guilty?

Danish

Referee
Don't blame Angus for contesting, I am still not sure what he was actually charged for. Of course I can see it on the charge sheet but it just looked like a good tackle.

Can someone clarify that if you contest a grading and you fail you don't get punished with extra weeks like you would if you plead not guilty?

Judging by what happened to Latrell I don’t think you can access the early plea discount anymore if you contest the grade