What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NFL Week 3

Tom155

Coach
Well f**k McCaffery is out with a hamstring injury

Screws many of my fantasy teams as well :( :( :(

jaseg

Juniors
This game would've been really interesting with Tyrod playing. Mills looks badly off the pace so far, just like last week when he came in (that's now the 3rd - maybe 4th? - time in less than 4 quarters I've seen him with a receiver open downfield and he missed by a mile). Probably shouldn't be surprising, the guy barely played at Stanford with injuries.

Darnold seeing more challenges today than he has so far this season.

edit: just after I type that Mills hits a deep shot, lol - and now he looks like he's found some rhythm

no name

Coach
Is it just me or have the Panthers copped two or three really bad calls?
No call on the PI in the first quarter, the false start call in the second and then that PI when the Texans were nowhere near catching it.

skeepe

Immortal
Hahaha how do they get an incomplete pass out of that? My goodness.

I mean it had no effect on the play but it cost me an IDP forced fumble damnit!

Munky

Coach
Anyone else loving WFH and having Monday, Tuesday and Friday games on a second screen?

Honestly less distracting then refreshing the scores every thirty seconds in a browser.

nick87

Coach
Anyone else loving WFH and having Monday, Tuesday and Friday games on a second screen?

Honestly less distracting then refreshing the scores every thirty seconds in a browser.

Its not a HUGE change for me, used to watch it at work on my phone since i had my desk set up that allowed me to do that fairly covertly
But yeah, now it's just front and centre... delightful

jaseg

Juniors
Can someone f**king kneecap Justin Tucker or something? Christ, lol. Dude is a cheat code.

Dan Campbell talking a big game but no follow through on the knees. Mind you (more seriously), Lions are responsible for letting them have that shot. Rushed 3 (so all doubled and all the time to throw) on the 4th down, went ultra conservative when they had a chance to drain the clock prior to that.

skeepe

Immortal
f**k me the Dolphins have looked dead about 72 times so far but they’re still hanging in there.

kurt faulk

Coach

rams didn't even break a sweat beating that old cheating f**k and his shit f**king team. i think they found out what it was like to face an actual contender.

kurt faulk

Coach

i wonder if all those dopey talking heads have finally worked out why fields shouldn't be the starter for the bears just yet.

jaseg

Juniors

i wonder if all those dopey talking heads have finally worked out why fields shouldn't be the starter for the bears just yet.

Man... that was the most sadly predictable outcome. I was looking for a sacks market during the week (ideally team, but would've taken individual) but couldn't find one at any sports betting book. Would've f**king SAILED over.

Yeah, let's put the rookie in for his first game behind that OL against that DL. Not great, but not *so* horrible in isolation, until you realise that particular rookie had the longest time to throw of any QB in the class, both in college and in the preseason (I forget the exact number in preseason but it was something absolutely wild like 4+ seconds).

Dalton might not be that good without an ideal situation, but at least he will get rid of the ball quickly and avoid constant negative plays.

kurt faulk

Coach
Man... that was the most sadly predictable outcome. I was looking for a sacks market during the week (ideally team, but would've taken individual) but couldn't find one at any sports betting book. Would've f**king SAILED over.

Yeah, let's put the rookie in for his first game behind that OL against that DL. Not great, but not *so* horrible in isolation, until you realise that particular rookie had the longest time to throw of any QB in the class, both in college and in the preseason (I forget the exact number in preseason but it was something absolutely wild like 4+ seconds).

Dalton might not be that good without an ideal situation, but at least he will get rid of the ball quickly and avoid constant negative plays.

dalton actually played well against the rams in the opener. it's just when he had to hold onto the ball a little longer late in the game because they needed bigger plays the rams rush was always gonna get to him. if dalton was horrible i would understand thinking about throwing fields out there. but the players want the qb who gives them the best chance to win right now. they don't care about next year right now.

jaseg

Juniors
dalton actually played well against the rams in the opener. it's just when he had to hold onto the ball a little longer late in the game because they needed bigger plays the rams rush was always gonna get to him. if dalton was horrible i would understand thinking about throwing fields out there. but the players want the qb who gives them the best chance to win right now. they don't care about next year right now.

Oh yeah, particularly on a team like the Bears who made the playoffs last year. Their defensive front was really impressive, did a number on the Browns OL (though a fair few of their wins did come through the injured LT). Their coverage was much better than Bears fans led me to expect, too. If their offense was anything other than a total disaster they were in that game. As it stood their offense gained more yards through penalties than passing or running (individually, not combined)...

Malik McDowell has been such a good scrapheap pickup for the Browns. Amazing that we get salary control on him for 3 more years. And injuries forcing JOK onto the field for significant snaps (we're down 3 LBs right now) was huge too.

edit: so counting negative yardage for sacks and penalties against, the Bears apparently had 47 yards of offense for the whole game. 48 came on a dodgy DPI call. lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts