What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NRL Grand Final

blue bags

First Grade
Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the classics.

Hopefully the foundation club with a proud Indigenous history can get up.

ps special thanks to Penrith for taking the chokers tag off Saints.
that was my pick at the start of the season

stryker

First Grade
You have all forgotten Penrith too quickly.
They have a few very good players to still come into this team.
Melbourne have been awesome but is the hunger still there?
Panthers will be frothing for redemption and I can’t see any other teams beside the best two all year making the GF.

Rugby League will be the winner so we all win

ImpureShamefulCoot-size_restricted.gif

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If trends continue, Manly are guaranteed to make the Grand Final.

Since Round 5 (when Manly’s season started) they have gone on a continuous streak of 3 wins and then a loss.

So with wins against Parra (crucial) Canberra and Dogs before a loss to Cowboys it all comes down to Roosters losing 2 to see who finishes 4th.

If Manly finish top 4, they win the Grand Final because trend, only needing 3 matches.

A 5th, maybe 6th place finish unfortunately means 4 finals matches, and with a loss in Round 25, 3 wins gets Manly to the GF, with the trend giving them a heart breaking loss.

Maffs.
4NSa.gif

isaiah

Bench
It will be in Brisbane after our Chief Medical officer bent over backwards today and let a jet full of wives and families into hotel quarantine

What I think will happen: Penrith vs Melbourne with a similar result to the last time these two teams met in a grand final

what I want to happen: Manly vs Melbourne with a similar result to the last time these two teams met in a grand final

siv

First Grade
If Covid gets into Brisbane proper

I feel the GF will not be played at Suncorp

I am going to make a call and say it will end up at Townsville

The_Frog

First Grade
If trends continue, Manly are guaranteed to make the Grand Final.

Since Round 5 (when Manly’s season started) they have gone on a continuous streak of 3 wins and then a loss.

So with wins against Parra (crucial) Canberra and Dogs before a loss to Cowboys it all comes down to Roosters losing 2 to see who finishes 4th.

If Manly finish top 4, they win the Grand Final because trend, only needing 3 matches.

A 5th, maybe 6th place finish unfortunately means 4 finals matches, and with a loss in Round 25, 3 wins gets Manly to the GF, with the trend giving them a heart breaking loss.

Maffs.
The sequence has now been broken. Bad luck mate.

big hit!

Bench
I know we're still waiting on GC vs Warriors outcome to finalise the 8, but let's be real Cronulla or GC, as well as Newcastle, Parra, Easts and Souths are just making up the numbers. Neither of those teams will make the GF. It's between Melbourne, Penrith and Manly for mine.

The way it looks:
Week 1
QF - PEN v SOU
EF - PAR v NEW

QF - MEL v MAN
EF - SYD v CRO/GC

Week 2
SF - SOU v PAR
SF - MAN/MEL vs SYD

Week 3
PF - MEL/MAN v SOU
PF - PEN v MAN/MEL