What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin II - QLD 0-26 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Also David Fifita is a cat, qld would kill for someone like Gillett or Myles to do the dirty work.

Might be effective against shit club teams but isn't really up to starting at this level.

GongPanther

Referee
Assuming no further injuries or suspensions, then Crichton comes in, Sims goes to the bench, and Martin drops out. I'd personally punt both Martin and Sims and bring in Finucane, and I'd take Martin over Sims, but that's nitpicking. Freddy isn't going to make unforced changes other than brining in Crichton after a win like that. Haas should start over fat Turbo. We'll need his grunt from the start at Suncorp.
Injuries or suspensions will affect both sides, as it's unavoidable these days. I don't think Qld will mentally recover in 2 weeks.

blaza88z

Coach
Also David Fifita is a cat, qld would kill for someone like Gillett or Myles to do the dirty work.

Might be effective against shit club teams but isn't really up to starting at this level.

My thoughts exactly and it's easy to talk him down given my club lost him to the Titans just recently but you don't ever see him take 20 hit ups and run for 200 metres, it's usually a few tries after knocking some smaller blokes out the way.

My thoughts exactly and it's easy to talk him down given my club lost him to the Titans just recently but you don't ever see him take 20 hit ups and run for 200 metres, it's usually a few tries after knocking some smaller blokes out the way.
He’s only 20/21? The fact that he’s there at this age is pretty impressive in itself, give it sometime and I have no doubt he’ll be one of the most devastating forwards in the origin arena.

The thing he needs to work on is his defence. Did you see him in against the Sharks like 2 weeks ago? Ramien and that bench second rower who’s name I don’t know shot past him and scored whilst he stood there watching, like tf was going through his head. Then in Origin Payne Haas just bulldozed over him, which isn’t something to be surprised about except this was after Haas ran into two other defenders who were holding on when Fifita made contact as third man. Give it time, it will come right.

SDM

First Grade
Ref to double the handicap and give QLD 15 set restarts despite the fact they are getting dominated in the ruck, and they will still get pumped by 30.

blaza88z

Coach
He’s only 20/21? The fact that he’s there at this age is pretty impressive in itself, give it sometime and I have no doubt he’ll be one of the most devastating forwards in the origin arena.

The thing he needs to work on is his defence. Did you see him in against the Sharks like 2 weeks ago? Ramien and that bench second rower who’s name I don’t know shot past him and scored whilst he stood there watching, like tf was going through his head. Then in Origin Payne Haas just bulldozed over him, which isn’t something to be surprised about except this was after Haas ran into two other defenders who were holding on when Fifita made contact as third man. Give it time, it will come right.

My issue isn't so much with Origin, all QLD fans would like him to be more of a factor but for the reasons you've outlined he's not quite there yet. My issue is the salary he's on at the Titans, where's the motivation if you are a young bloke and already earning 1.2m a season (he is probably the highest paid forward in the game).

Munted

Bench
If you don't have the balls to call the ref 'bro', should you really be playing origin?
Back to the drawing board qld.

My issue isn't so much with Origin, all QLD fans would like him to be more of a factor but for the reasons you've outlined he's not quite there yet. My issue is the salary he's on at the Titans, where's the motivation if you are a young bloke and already earning 1.2m a season (he is probably the highest paid forward in the game).
Hmmm I actually had a good think about this and thought if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t want to ‘improve’ tbh. It’s nothing to do with motivation or being lazy but if improvement means picking up your work rate, taking the hard caries and putting your body on the line in defence then I would stay away.
Doing all those things would definitely improve you as a player but would decrease your shelf life and make you prone to burnouts and injury. You’d already be on big money so the goal would be longevity to maximising earnings.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hmmm I actually had a good think about this and thought if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t want to ‘improve’ tbh. It’s nothing to do with motivation or being lazy but if improvement means picking up your work rate, taking the hard caries and putting your body on the line in defence then I would stay away.
Doing all those things would definitely improve you as a player but would decrease your shelf life and make you prone to burnouts and injury. You’d already be on big money so the goal would be longevity to maximising earnings.
The titties got sick of Bryce sucking them dry, they'll get sick of this bloke doing it too.

some11

Referee
Lol at the comments "play it in sydney"

Sorry, it's an area in your state with the plague outbreak.

Reflector

Juniors
NSW to get at least two sin-bins for nothing tackles and Qld to have a 6 again tally even more heavily in their favour than Game 1.

According to the NRL site, no players are affected by the Waverley ban. Blues Origin camp has been moved to Kingscliff, which actually benefits them if anything:

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
One of the banana benders needs to put one on cleary’s chin

giphy.gif