What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin III - NSW 18-20 QLD @ Cbus Super

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Hold on a second, only us Parra fans have the right to rip on Moses!!!!

Yes sure he is an arrogant pea heart, sure he French Fries down Aspen better than a Swiss Olympian and yes sure he has a face you just want to slap right off his shoulders…

But he’s ours dammit!!!

Just consider yourselves lucky you all get to experience the Moses ride for 10 days… the media will be sure to bounce up and down on his perfect Lebanese Cucumber in the lead up to the game but will also have their scapegoat articles written about him ready to go to print if he crashes and burns, which he almost certainly will.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Very, very strange selection from nsw. Wighton has been horrible all year, and his dally m last year was lolworthy. Moses is shit, and these selections reek of inexplicable arrogance (yet again) from Fittler. Rest of the side is fantastic, but if we are to win, it'll be if the halves have very little involvement and let Turbo, Latrell and Teddy run riot.

BranVan3000

Coach
Very, very strange selection from nsw. Wighton has been horrible all year, and his dally m last year was lolworthy. Moses is shit, and these selections reek of inexplicable arrogance (yet again) from Fittler. Rest of the side is fantastic, but if we are to win, it'll be if the halves have very little involvement and let Turbo, Latrell and Teddy run riot.
Form and combinations suddenly dont matter

I guess nothing matters in a dead rubber but just chucking in Reynolds and Walker made a lot of sense. They are like the homebrand version of Cleary and Luai, and already have existing club combinations with Cook, Latrell and Murray. Heck even Api and Reynolds have an old premiership winning combination

Good for my club though

wittyfan

Referee
Hold on a second, only us Parra fans have the right to rip on Moses!!!!

Yes sure he is an arrogant pea heart, sure he French Fries down Aspen better than a Swiss Olympian and yes sure he has a face you just want to slap right off his shoulders…

But he’s ours dammit!!!

Just consider yourselves lucky you all get to experience the Moses ride for 10 days… the media will be sure to bounce up and down on his perfect Lebanese Cucumber in the lead up to the game but will also have their scapegoat articles written about him ready to go to print if he crashes and burns, which he almost certainly will.

Lebanese cucumber. 😂

Reflector

Juniors
Freddy should've gone for solidarity and picked the Souths halves, and they would've linked up nicely with the other Bunnies players in the side. I'm guessing Freddy sees Moses as having more years (potentially) in front of him eligible for NSW and so he wants to trial him in a game that has no added pressure of the series. I'd say Freddy is jeopardising the blue wash attempt but there's enough quality everywhere else to cover for the halves deficiencies and Qld (despite getting some quality back) look largely out of ideas completely.

I thought Reynolds would be a moral… but here we are…

Is NSW really going for the jugular or not

Strikes me that Moses is being picked as a likely future backup to Cleary… give him experience in a dead rubber etc. but IMO Reynolds is the better choice if we truly wanted to murder Qld this year.

You don’t often get such a chance to annihilate the opposition in SOO. This is the perfect opportunity for NSW to do it. But will they with this team?

I think this game will be closer than a lot of people think.

big hit!

Bench
I think he'll bring Wighton in at 6, much as I hate to say it Moses might get the 7.

I think Koroisau will be the 14. Use the squad who've been in camp as much

Correct. Wighton and koroisau have been part of the squad and Freddy is now giving them a shot.

Glad cook and Reynolds aren’t selected. Series is won but Souths have a match this weekend. Parra don’t so throw Moses in. Freddy hasn’t hidden his liking for him anyway.

Same reason Graham hasn’t been selected as a reserve this time. Freddy has given fringe players from bye teams the opportunity to be squad reserves. Souths had Graham and Kolomatangi for game 1 as they had a bye. Souths play next weekend, but Melbourne don’t which explains why finucane and Hynes are reserves for game 3.

no name

Coach
If the coach was anyone but Freddy, it would be unbelievable that Moses/Wighton was picked over Reynolds/Walker combo.
Adding Walker to this backline would produce that many points that it would cancel out any defensive worries.
I’d honestly prefer Pearce over Moses, and Pearce f**king sucks at Origin level.

The_Frog

First Grade
Freddy should've gone for solidarity and picked the Souths halves, and they would've linked up nicely with the other Bunnies players in the side.
That would make 7 (or is it 8) Rabbitohs out of the weekend club game. A bit of a cruel thing to do to a club. I wish he had though, they're breathing down our necks.