What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 other games...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cows just had no awareness in attack. Holmes didnt get a pass once while he was on the wing, and they didnt kick it to him. He goes in the middle and scores.

Yeah, he played well when he decided to play well. Perhaps he should have gone to the middle more. He was bludging, standing wide looking for his dummy. He's still been sooking in the press about not being fullback though.

Here Felix, found it

s-l500.jpg

He's a cunova thing

Yeah, he played well when he decided to play well. Perhaps he should have gone to the middle more. He was bludging, standing wide looking for his dummy. He's still been sooking in the press about not being fullback though.

Here Felix, found it

View attachment 46808

He's a cunova thing
Oh don't worry I agree with the whinging part.
Their tactics towards the end of the game were terrible, he is actually someone who can score tries out of nothing as he showed. The fact they didn't even send his ball out his way hardly at all, if at all, says more about either their game plans or game management.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Oh don't worry I agree with the whinging part.
Their tactics towards the end of the game were terrible, he is actually someone who can score tries out of nothing as he showed. The fact they didn't even send his ball out his way hardly at all, if at all, says more about either their game plans or game management.
Cowboys could end up being basket case.
If JT gets offside with Payten go forward is done.
Val on wing spiking.
Morgan past it.
Drinkwater being tempted elsewhere.
Clifford/Molo are going

Cowboys could end up being basket case.
If JT gets offside with Payten go forward is done.
Val on wing spiking.
Morgan past it.
Drinkwater being tempted elsewhere.
Clifford/Molo are going
I think about half the comp could end up being basket cases, Stakey, including us!! Haha

jc155776

Coach
Is it just me or is the footy this year with all of PVL changes just f**king shite?

I’m watching the Super Rugby and it’s been great. Some big hits, skilful tries, close contests. Rugby are getting their shit together while league is being f**ked out of what makes it great because PVL likes touch footy.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is it just me or is the footy this year with all of PVL changes just f**king shite?

I’m watching the Super Rugby and it’s been great. Some big hits, skilful tries, close contests. Rugby are getting their shit together while league is being f**ked out of what makes it great because PVL likes touch footy.

I am losing faith in the 6 again as the refs have, as usual, become subjective and arbitrary.

I don't like the Play-the-ball restart after ball or player finds touch. Take away the attacking option from scrums and defences are set

Bunker Reviews - better now they re set the clock

Handover for incorrect play-the-ball - Not a fan. Should still be a penalty where ground can be gained. I'd make it a differential penalty though.

Scrums - "Players will not be permitted to break from a scrum until the referee makes the call. Where players break before the call of "BREAK", the referee will award a full penalty. The team receiving the penalty will also have the option of re-packing the scrum." Not a fan at all. Would be if it was policed but it simply isn't.

Six Again for 10-metre infringements - I don't think this is working either. Again, it is subjective and arbitrary. What defines "repeated" 2 penalties in 2 sets defending on the line? 3? 4 in 3 sets? It's too open to the refs interpretation. Teams are taking their chances knowing it's unlikely a penalty will be blown as the refs have been told to keep the game flowing.

Two points for field goals outside the 40-metre line - Can't even really see this being a thing unless a team is 1 behind due to an earlier opposition field goal and it's a last throw of the dice. Inoffensive rule but........

Captain’s challenge - "In cases where a captain’s challenge review is inconclusive, the on-field decision will stand but the team will retain their challenge." - Like this one. Shouldn't lose a challenge when they just don't know.

Trainers - "In 2021, where a trainer asks a match official to stop the game for an injury, the injured player must be either interchanged or taken off the field for a period of two minutes of elapsed game time before he is permitted to resume his place on the field." Good idea. I don't believe this is happening either though. Won't when someone gets a neck injury, broken leg etc.

Quigs

Immortal
I think about half the comp could end up being basket cases, Stakey, including us!! Haha

I have a feeling that by about round 16 on, there are going to be a lot of blow out scores on a more than regular basis. Sides that can't make the top 8 will have blokes that just won't put in for the team.

There is not much of the new rule changes that I like and the more I watch the more I dislike them. I read somewhere where someone said the game was turning into Oztag.

I agree.

Craigshark

First Grade

Yeah I can see what you’re saying. Defence is slowly disappearing out of the games. Some of the new rules are shit. It’s like they’ve just changed things for the sake of it.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah I can see what you’re saying. Defence is slowly disappearing out of the games. Some of the new rules are shit. It’s like they’ve just changed things for the sake of it.
They think more points equals crowds and ratings.
I was told over 10 years ago the new rules are not for me as I am too old rusted on, it's to bring in new fans

R-15-3

Bench
Agree I’m not enjoying watching the footy with new rules. I’d rather let them get away with a bit more in the ruck but be strict on the 10 meter and be a genuine 10m with no shitty 7-8-9m or early starts. More space gives better footy not faster play the balls it just turns to a meters game.
If they want more play time why not just stop the clock when it’s out of play?? More play time, more points, more genuine fatigue, more tv time = more ad revenue. It’s turning into union of let’s just work up field with unlimited tackles

snout

First Grade
Pretty sure there was a season about 3 back where there was 2 points between 1 and 8 and a handful of teams were equal on 9th.

Not this year.
There are teams who will be lucky to make 2nd last.
Theres a few teams whos season is over in round 2

Quigs

Immortal
I am waiting for another three rounds before I reckon a real serious rating of the clubs can be made.

Yes there are some clubs that are in for real long seasons but we have had only two rounds on heavy tracks.

coolumsharkie

Referee
What about Todd Payton though, his post game antics are really disturbing. This could be the shortest coaching stint in history. Put a line through the Cows I reckon.

bluefox68

Staff member
NRL - be careful what you wish for:

Roosters side:

1. Teddy - INTERNATIONAL - best player in the game
2. BMoz - INTERNATIONAL
3. Manu - INTERNATIONAL
4. JMoz - former INTERNATIONAL
5. Tupou - former INTERNATIONAL
6. Lam - okay, there has to be one average player, but he's just a kid...
7. Keary - STATE

8. Warea-thug - INTERNATIONAL
9. Friend - former STATE
10. Collins - STATE
11. Cordner - INTERNATIONAL
12. Mullet private school kid from Souths (Crichton) - STATE
13. Radley - STATE

Oh, and they have the next GI waiting in the wings in Suaali...

Even Russell Crowe is calling them out re: their salary SOMBRERO.

When that ******* Politis says "We just manage the salary cap better" we all know he is LYING through his crooked teeth!

Yes, this is a RANT, and I'm bitter and twisted, but it is seriously a blight on the game, no matter what team you support.

NRL - be careful what you wish for:

Roosters side:

1. Teddy - INTERNATIONAL - best player in the game
2. BMoz - INTERNATIONAL
3. Manu - INTERNATIONAL
4. JMoz - former INTERNATIONAL
5. Tupou - former INTERNATIONAL
6. Lam - okay, there has to be one average player, but he's just a kid...
7. Keary - STATE

8. Warea-thug - INTERNATIONAL
9. Friend - former STATE
10. Collins - STATE
11. Cordner - INTERNATIONAL
12. Mullet private school kid from Souths (Crichton) - STATE
13. Radley - STATE

Oh, and they have the next GI waiting in the wings in Suaali...

Even Russell Crowe is calling them out re: their salary SOMBRERO.

When that ******* Politis says "We just manage the salary cap better" we all know he is LYING through his crooked teeth!

Yes, this is a RANT, and I'm bitter and twisted, but it is seriously a blight on the game, no matter what team you support.
Keary is an international. He has played for Australia.