What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

Alintheeast

Juniors
Nobody hates Penrith in the East.Penrith only gets a mention when people reminisce about the Head of the River. I imagine there is a certain level of dislike in the Shire as most of the Journos seem to live down there. News Corp/Fox live on propagating hate for clicks and ratings. Last year everyone was whinging about our easy draw we get a hard draw this year do just as well but now we got the referees in our pocket.

mxlegend99

Referee
There is nothing wrong with being hated - it is often a sign of success. Good teams harness that hatred in an us vs. the world attitude. I don't give a shit what other fans think of us.

However, if the team goes too far down the route and embraces the "oh, the refs and the media are out to get us", that is a loser mentality that sets you up for failure.
We've barely been successful. Not successful enough for teams to envy us atleast.

Most sides would love to win more than they lose and be regular finals contenders. But even if we won a comp its only 1 in 18 years. Not like Roosters and Storm who combined have won most of the competitions in recdnt memory.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah I think the "hatred" is mostly a result of the specific interactions of fans on LU. The journos write some bullshit but they write that about everyone and everything.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yeah I think the "hatred" is mostly a result of the specific interactions of fans on LU. The journos write some bullshit but they write that about everyone and everything.

You should see reddit. It's absolutely f**ked for Panthers right now.

maple_69

Bench
Reddit is an echo chamber and we’re the focus atm. There’s no point getting involved in much discussion when you have Penrith flair currently as you just get trashed.

I get it, our coach, chairman and CEO aren’t likeable. Most teams would be envious that their overpriced desperation signings haven’t delivered them from mediocrity like our 10 years of careful building has. We play a super aggressive brand of football and push the boundaries in order to win which every great side does.

We’ve been loved losers for almost 50 years because we don’t have these qualities. I’d certainly like a premiership to keep me warm at night but you gotta take the good with the bad and having 44/50 good weekends over the last few seasons has been mint!

TheRiff

Juniors
Reddit is an echo chamber and we’re the focus atm. There’s no point getting involved in much discussion when you have Penrith flair currently as you just get trashed.

I get it, our coach, chairman and CEO aren’t likeable. Most teams would be envious that their overpriced desperation signings haven’t delivered them from mediocrity like our 10 years of careful building has. We play a super aggressive brand of football and push the boundaries in order to win which every great side does.

We’ve been loved losers for almost 50 years because we don’t have these qualities. I’d certainly like a premiership to keep me warm at night but you gotta take the good with the bad and having 44/50 good weekends over the last few seasons has been mint!

The funny thing is, should we stop developing talent the comp would fall apart

Fangs

Coach
It all started with Ivan leaving the Tigers, then compounded by our exuberance in try celebrations.

Once reserved for occasions. Or a player would trademark a post try move ala the Hayne Plane (Formerly the Jorgensen Jumbo Jet). Plenty of fans hate it but the younger generations love it. Its already a part of many other sports and its how RL is going to look in future.

unKwn

Juniors
We just have to embrace it now. No point trying to change peoples minds, only makes us look insecure and weak. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Roosters and Storm fans sure don’t. Let’s just let our performance on the field do the talking

GongPanther

Referee
Most neutrals tend to hate Storm. But would prefer to see them win then us. Anyone would think we've been breaching the salary cap and have made it here with an illegally assembled squad.

Every minor thing we do pisses everyone off. I think you underestimate how hated we have become. Used to be mostly Tigers fans. But now it's everyone.
Tall poppy syndrome. It goes with being successful as Souths copped it before and after they won heir last GF. No matter who it is, when you are at the top of the tree, there are monkeys below throwing bananas at you.