What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R11 Sun - Parramatta 6-28 Manly @ Bankwest

Round 11: Parramatta v Manly

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pantherjim.

Referee
Not at all, just found it rather ironic. Have you been to Penrith? They make folk from Gympie positively normal.

Yup.

Grew up and lived there proudly and unashamedly from primary school to University, even during the early years of my first job.

Have since travelled the world, but will always look back on it with fondness as my home town.

Geez, betcha weren’t expecting that eh?

That’s alright, the “Westie” stigma is real enough I guess... After all, in 2003, my Sister was teaching in London and on GF day that year, she went to watch it at the Walkabout pub. During half time, she went for a loo break, two girls wearing Roosters jerseys noticed her Penrith jersey and one said to the other; “Westies here? How can they afford to travel?”

So please don’t worry, as far as ignoramuses go, you’re not alone.

We’re finally past St Bald on the ladder, what a turnaround the past few months have been.

It was embarrassing that we were 6th coming into today, we’ve been awful most of the season bar a bright spark against...,. Parra.

You guys have a force of momentum behind you. Could go a long way in this comp. genuinely enjoyed watching manly play today...
Oh how times have changed..

Slackboy72

Coach

This Year?

Immortal
Vale Bozo I hope you enjoyed the send off you were given. Rugby league loses more than an immortal today.

This win today is huge in the course of Manly's season. The Eels need to be reminded we're in May instead of September.

_Johnsy

Referee
Yup.

Grew up and lived there proudly and unashamedly from primary school to University, even during the early years of my first job.

Have since travelled the world, but will always look back on it with fondness as my home town.

Geez, betcha weren’t expecting that eh?

That’s alright, the “Westie” stigma is real enough I guess... After all, in 2003, my Sister was teaching in London and on GF day that year, she went to watch it at the Walkabout pub. During half time, she went for a loo break, two girls wearing Roosters jerseys noticed her Penrith jersey and one said to the other; “Westies here? How can they afford to travel?”

So please don’t worry, as far as ignoramuses go, you’re not alone.
Not at all, I grew up in Campbelltown. Again, I just thought the comment quite ironic. I see the chip on the shoulder is still there, I didn’t mention or allude to anyone from Penrith being able to afford o/s travel. Ignoramus you say. :joy:

Latest posts