What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R13 Fri - Wests Tigers 26-6 Penrith @ Leichhardt

Round 13: Wests Tigers v Penrith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
@stryker has gotten hold of the red cordial again. Time for bed little fella, you dont want to be tired and cranky for little athletics in the morning.
Lol watch the game tonight?
Your backup boys are shit.
Better hope the chin doesn’t dislocate that jaw of his sucking Freddy’s pud over the next 6 weeks.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Yeah I'm sure the forum will be showing the Storm some 'latitude' if they get lapped by the Titans tomorrow lol.

Welcome to being a good side.

Aside from last year, We haven’t been a “good side” for years. The last time we were even considered a premiership threat was in 2014 when we came within a bee’s dick of a Grand Final berth but were pipped by the dogs in the preliminaries.

In contrast, the Storm have been premiership contenders - (Aside from the years they’ve been caught red-handed rorting the cap) - consistently, as have their origin commitments accordingly.

Comparing the Storm’s success with Penrith’s success and experience in dealing with team depth for Origin commitments is like comparing chalk with cheese.

t-ba

Post Whore
Aside from last year, We haven’t been a “good side” for years. The last time we were even considered a premiership threat was in 2014 when we came within a bee’s dick of a Grand Final berth but were pipped by the dogs in the preliminaries.

In contrast, the Storm have been premiership contenders - (Aside from the years they’ve been caught red-handed rorting the cap) - consistently, as have their origin commitments accordingly.

Comparing the Storm’s success with Penrith’s success and experience in dealing with team depth for Origin commitments is like comparing chalk with cheese.

No one gives a shit mate.

Funny when good side lose. Funnier still when fans do cope.

Pantherjim.

Referee
No one gives a shit mate.

Funny when good side lose. Funnier still when fans do cope.

Thanks.

Can you remind me the last time Penrith rorted the cap to achieve success as a “good side”?

t-ba

Post Whore
Thanks.

Can you remind me the last time Penrith rorted the cap to achieve success as a “good side”?

Who care?

Like seriously, my team was probably cheated out of a premiership and I don't give a f**k about that anymore.

Being a good team means people give you shit when you lose. Get used to it.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Who care?

Like seriously, my team was probably cheated out of a premiership and I don't give a f**k about that anymore.

Being a good team means people give you shit when you lose. Get used to it.

Ah, I see where you’re coming from now.

Cheers!

Perhaps if you’d been less cryptic in the 4C threads in regards to Australian - PRC relations we might have found more common ground?

franklin2323

Immortal
Call me pessimistic but i kinda enjoy seeing the merkins i don't rate exposed.

I wanted to win. But i also enjoy seeing the duds i dont rate not factor. I deadset don't understand how Tyrone May is near our NRL squad..clearly has something on Ivan or Nathan. He's shit. Yet he's first player picked.

Every side has a utility some where. He isn't a starter

Well done to the Tigers. Played with a lot of enthusiasm and commitment. Keep that up over the year and they will climb the table.

Re my Panthers. Disappointing to lose but let’s keep some perspective. We are not the first high flying team to lose a game during Origin, and definitely won’t be the last. I think the coaching staff will have learnt a lot tonight about who is capable about playing bigger roles going forward AND we are still 2 points clear at the top of the table. So not a great night tonight but limited damage done in the big picture.

Fangs

Coach
Enjoy this one Tigers fans.

Akin to a schoolboy getting a bj on prom night. Satisfying but lacking in substance.

This Year?

Immortal
So many juicy moments in that game, with my favourite being Doueihi pulling Crichton into the Tigers huddle after the last try and fair play to Crichton for laughing it off.

KennySterling

Juniors
They had split rounds back then.
Yes, checked it out and Manly were largely unaffected by Origin in 1995.

They had Terry Hill, Craig Hancock, Mark Carroll, Steve Menzies, John Hopoate and Geoff Toovey representing NSW and Danny Moore for Queensland.

Only Hill (1 game) and Hancock (2) missed Sea Eagles games during the Origin period between 15 May-12 June and Manly defeated Canberra (16-8), Brisbane (23-4) and North Sydney (36-6).

They went on to win their opening 15 rounds before losing 16-21 to the Roosters at Brookvale on 16 July.

Call me pessimistic but i kinda enjoy seeing the merkins i don't rate exposed.

I wanted to win. But i also enjoy seeing the duds i dont rate not factor. I deadset don't understand how Tyrone May is near our NRL squad..clearly has something on Ivan or Nathan. He's shit. Yet he's first player picked.
To be fair he is your 4th or 5th best option in the halves. Most teams don’t have two good halves let alone a serviceable 4th option.

And to give credit to the Tigers, they actually played pretty well. Penrith still would have won if they didn’t.

Good to see the crowd giving it to Ivan. I thought he took it with good humour.

Latest posts