What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R23 Fri - Penrith 25-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 23: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out when the game was played, so just finished watching the full thing.

I have a lot of sympathy with the Rabbits fans about the quality of the refereeing. I think the level of pedantry that went into about 3 or 4 of the Souths penalties was ridiculous, and I am not sure the same level of fastidiousness went into the policing of some of the things Penrith got away with; while it was an accident, the incident where Mansour got split was a definite penalty.

I do think that some of the Rabbits got carried away and the penalties against their halves were right; we probably should have got more penalties than South, but not by the margin there was.

Was out when the game was played, so just finished watching the full thing.

I have a lot of sympathy with the Rabbits fans about the quality of the refereeing. I think the level of pedantry that went into about 3 or 4 of the Souths penalties was ridiculous, and I am not sure the same level of fastidiousness went into the policing of some of the things Penrith got away with; while it was an accident, the incident where Mansour got split was a definite penalty.

I do think that some of the Rabbits got carried away and the penalties against their halves were right; we probably should have got more penalties than South, but not by the margin there was.
It was a good game too lol!

Your smug seemed thrilled to bits to contain and master the bunnies attack. Very cheery at the end.

Galeforce

Bench
Don't get me wrong, your forwards were excellent for the first half, but they were floundering in that final 20-25 mins of the game. The way we constantly drove the ball up led by Yeo had to take its toll on Souths. But boy do we have some dumb players in our side especially Nadan. The Dogs are watching this game thinking we've let go of a lemon.
Panthers finished stronger and therefore deserved the win.

However given the amount of possession they had due to Penalties and Souths inability to handle Cleary bombs well , it is no wonder that Souths forwards weakened in the last twenty. The lack of possession was the game not the quality of the forwards.........faltering under the Cleary high bombs was the killer and some discipline lapses all contributed to the possession game.

I can see Souths winning their next meet , if the team manage their discipline and plan for the Cleary bombs and have EQUAL amount of luck/fair calls.

I expect Mansour will not be there , he is now a target liability........perhaps Gagai to wing.

BuddPanther

Juniors

However given the amount of possession they had due to Penalties and Souths inability to handle Cleary bombs well , it is no wonder that Souths forwards weakened in the last twenty. The lack of possession was the game not the quality of the forwards.........faltering under the Cleary high bombs was the killer and some discipline lapses all contributed to the possession game.

I can see Souths winning their next meet , if the team manage their discipline and plan for the Cleary bombs and have EQUAL amount of luck/fair calls.

I expect Mansour will not be there , he is now a target liability........perhaps Gagai to wing.
Same result. Panthers will just strangle them again

Mansour is best used in the decoy role, use up some smug energy. I’d send him into the match to play the dirty grub and try to get their hotheads animated.

They’ve never really liked the spoiling game, they want do their own dominant thing. You need to screw with them.

He’s one tough muthaf**ker right @Jim Rockford ?

I got a lot of time for him.

Bunnies are going to have to resolve this bomb business. Probably at training, they are easily caught and dealt with 99/100. Cook or Renno could catch them without batting an eyelid. Maybe they have to run back, these awesome kicks take a year to come down.

Credit where it’s due for smug detecting the weakness.

Best game I’ve seen all year.

If it’s any consolation, they may have peaked a fraction too early and used up a few tricks, they may have best saved for the finals.

Last edited:
Absolutely mate, he's got that lebanese grittiness.
Yeah, the league is awash with awesome players of Lebanese backgrounds.

WT we missed signing him by seconds. I was quite upset.

He’s just, well he’s just brave. He belts into those 19 stone forwards without fear.

He was the smug’s (loyal)….Renno but without the extra bling.

As the year goes on, I’m sure the Renno fiasco gets harder for bunny fans. Things will never be the same.

Same result. Panthers will just strangle them again
I don’t think so, but your description was near perfect.

But and however:

Two freaky kicks from my personal motm Momo and a couple of Heavens gate bombs.

It was a couple of stabs in the torso and then a boot applied to the throat in defence at the end.

My favourite game of the year.

GongPanther

Referee

Nah. JFH and To'o will make life even harder. Souths will make a game of it in the first half, but we will simply draw away in the 2nd half.

GongPanther

Referee

He’s just, well he’s just brave. He belts into those 19 stone forwards without fear.

As the year goes on, I’m sure the Renno fiasco gets harder for bunny fans. Things will never be the same.
He also has a tinge of Portuguese and Cuban blood in him.

soc123_au

Staff member
from that musical:

Happy are we in campbelltown
Missed tackles for free at campbelltown!
Madge on his knees in Campbelltown
I don’t want to live in Campbelltown.

One for Socky for shortening me up the other day @soc123_au !
Next weeks game day thread will be up soon. I look forward to shortening you up some more in there. You can then put it to music.

Nealo 12

Bench

I’m sad you missed out on him , could of been another reject I could laugh at in your shit club

Next weeks game day thread will be up soon. I look forward to shortening you up some more in there. You can then put it to music.
Blink 182

All the, smug things,
To’o cares, Nate brings
Momo, Mitch lifts
Smug side, they rip

Always, I know
You’ll be at, big show
Watching, waiting
commiserating!

Say it ain’t so
Storm will say go
Turn the smug off