What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R25 Fri - Cronulla 16-28 Melbourne @ Cbus Super

Round 25: Cronulla v Melbourne

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 25
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Melbourne Storm
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina (TICKETS)
Friday 3 September 2021

NRL kickoff 6:00pm

CRONULLA-2021.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Connor Tracey 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Mawene Hiroti 6. Matt Moylan 7. Braydon Trindall 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Jack Williams
Interchange: 14. Luke Metcalf 15. Braden Hamlin-Uele 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Siosifa Talakai 18. Kai O'Donnell 19. Billy Magoulias 20. Jenson Taumoepeau 21. Joniah Lualua

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Dean Ieremia 6. Nicholas Hynes 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Brandon Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Aaron Pene 12. Chris Lewis 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tepai Moeroa 16. Jordan Grant 17. Ryley Jacks 18. Cooper Johns 19. Daniel Atkinson 20. Trent Loiero 21. Isaac Lumelume

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Matt Noyen​

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
If Sharks win they make the finals. They could be aided by the fact Craig Bellamy has confirmed he will play his B Grade Storm team and will rest some of their stars for the finals.

GongPanther

Referee
If Sharks win they make the finals. They could be aided by the fact Craig Bellamy has confirmed he will play his B Grade Storm team and will rest some of their stars for the finals.
LOL! yea sure he will. Storm in a head-stomping 60-6.

The_Frog

First Grade
I know a hundred grand for winning the minor isn't much money when it comes to running an NRL club, but when you've been doing without gate receipts for the best part of two years, every penny is welcome. For this reason I think the Storm will be wanting desperately to win this and will field a side with that in mind.

footy75

Bench
Yeah I agree... If Storm beat Parra last week they would of rested a ton of players...now with MP at stake they will want to win this.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I know a hundred grand for winning the minor isn't much money when it comes to running an NRL club, but when you've been doing without gate receipts for the best part of two years, every penny is welcome. For this reason I think the Storm will be wanting desperately to win this and will field a side with that in mind.

hahaha you think the Storm give a shit about 100k.

Their owner is a millionaire. They don't care about the minor premiership, they care about winning the comp.

Whether that means they need to rest players or he can't rest them I don't know.

I think he'll still rest them. Might mean they lost top spot but Munster himself said he was looking forward to the week off so seems like he'll defn rest a few. Also it might mean they play the Rabbits minus Latrell instead of the Eagles with Turbo on fire. Might be preferred scenario for them ?

They've still got some very good players in their team and are so well drilled defensively it'll still be a tough game even with 10 players out.

Valheru

Coach
Storm will still rest a couple IMO but they will be wanting to bounce back after losing last week so they will win by 20.

yobbo84

First Grade
Will the Storm tank their game to get us, who they have the wood over, and avoid playing the Sea Eagles or Eels?

The_Frog

First Grade
Will the Storm tank their game to get us, who they have the wood over, and avoid playing the Sea Eagles or Eels?
It'll be the Sea Eagles, and they only have to look at the last defending premier who tried that on. To be honest, a lot more sides in the finals would be looking to avoid the Storm than the Storm would be looking to avoid them.

solid enough outfit named by the storm , certainly not the amount of restings as predicted meaning they're out to win their final game

the securing of the minor premiership is a bonus, but I think the storm are more concerned about going into the finals off a solid performance & that would have to be a comfy win over the sharks

StormFred

Juniors
Whilst Storm have a solid team, if the Sharks are going to win one then this is it. I think it will be a close game. Won't be shocked if the Sharkies prevail and think it will be 6-8 points either way. Sharks have a lot more to play for ie the top 8. Finishing on top, MEH.

This Year?

Immortal
I don't know what to make of this game. This rivalry of late has brought of some great games and I'm sure this one will be no different considering what's at stake for both sides.

pantherz9103

First Grade
That Storm side is still more than good enough to beat the Sharks. Minor premiership or not, resting players or not, they would want to get back to winning ways quickly going into the finals.