What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R3 Thu - Penrith 12-10 Melbourne @ BlueBet

Round 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
I think the Panthers will win this even without Cleary and Api. Two losses in a row could mark the beginning of a long decline for the Storm....

GongPanther

Referee
Between you and Rhyno, you'd think it is a crime to defend your line. Obviously your team thinks the same.

$1.90 each of two, but Storm 1.5 start.
Not on the biggest betting site it isn't. But the other more obvious factors will make them comfortable winners, which I'm very confident about.

Saxon

Bench
Jennings and Remis Smith on the right. Not often I go against Storm, but Panthers in a canter.

Wondering if George has pictures of Bellamy with a sheep or something??

morley101

Juniors
Melbourne depth is shockingly poor. They're a very average side without Grant and Finucane and now they have lost Kaufusi.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Melbourne depth is shockingly poor. They're a very average side without Grant and Finucane and now they have lost Kaufusi.

I don’t know about that. They’re missing 4 current origin players and are an even money bet with the Premiership favourites. Doubt you could say that about any other team.

catstorm

Juniors
I think the Panthers will win this even without Cleary and Api. Two losses in a row could mark the beginning of a long decline for the Storm....
Ah yes losing two of the hardest road games in the league in a row would definitely mean the storm are finished.

But didn't the Storm lose both away games against these two teams last year? I've forgotten how did that end up?

The_Frog

First Grade
Ah yes losing two of the hardest road games in the league in a row would definitely mean the storm are finished.

But didn't the Storm lose both away games against these two teams last year? I've forgotten how did that end up?
It's six years since Melbourne have played at Penrith, but their record at the ground before that is pretty good (8 from 13) and their record against us overall is tremendous. We've been their bitches for two decades really but it's got a bit better recently. The thing is they've pretty much always had the better side on paper in past meetings and I'm not so sure that is the case this time. The difference in the benches appears especially stark. But Melbourne have looked like they were on the decline before and it didn't happen.

Last edited:

catstorm

Juniors
It's six years since Melbourne have played at Penrith, but their record at the ground before that is pretty good (8 from 13) and their record against us overall is tremendous. We've been their bitches for two decades really but it's got a bit better recently. The thing is they've pretty much always had the better side on paper in past meetings and I'm not so sure that is the case this time. The difference in the benches appears especially stark. But Melbourne have looked like they were on the decline before and it didn't happen.
My point was that even if Melbourne lose this match it's not the end of the world, and I don't think it would be a sign of decline to lose away to two potential top 4 teams.

The_Frog

First Grade
My point was that even if Melbourne lose this match it's not the end of the world, and I don't think it would be a sign of decline to lose away to two potential top 4 teams.
Agree with you. Cleary out by the way.

I don’t know about that. They’re missing 4 current origin players and are an even money bet with the Premiership favourites. Doubt you could say that about any other team.
Not us that's for sure. We're down to 1 Origin player and he only made it due to injuries.

That won't stop the presses wheeling out facts about "Melbourne haven't been 1W & 2Losses since Bellamy took over" etc etc. Especially with added "no Cameron Smith"

But you are right IMO. They'll be there at the pointy end of the season unless of something like a disastrous injury toll.

I honestly don't know who to pick in this match. Just gonna enjoy watching it unfold..

Gotta admit I was a (beer-fuelled) critic of Papenhuyzen's "injuries" in last weeks' game day thread. What a dumb arse.

Put myself in the "Greg Alexander" sin bin for voicing irrational and baseless accusations of things that happen on the field.

Someguy

First Grade

really looks like they are starting to crumble. When the only recognised first grader they have bought in the last decade is Finiucane no wonder!

pretty sad to see the GF replay turning into a cripple fight. Both teams missing 2 spine players. Storm down a few first choice forwards and centre (that said storm is only team brenko would be first choice at).