What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Good Fri - Canterbury 0-38 South Sydney @ Stad Aus

Round 4: Canterbury v South Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someguy

First Grade
Utter nonsense. Our total lack of wrestle has cost us in three consecutive finals now, and is a major criticism of Wayne's coaching.

Standing offside on the other hand... :wink:

just like every aspect of your game the wrestle turns to shit in the major finals.

standing offside has worked well for the most part stifles opposing forwards but gives opportunities at the edges for any team with decent speed

The problem in 2021, there are half a dozen also rans and it is only round 4.

Some of those also rans are also teams who’ve struggled for 2-3 years and it’s not good business for those clubs but it’s not good business for the NRL or winning clubs.

I like seeing Souths win and I like drubbings but that was just a terrible team with nothing from the Bulldogs and their fans deserve better.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Easter blow out weekend must be doing wonders for the TV ratings. The NRL has been a lopsided comp for years but it has now gone to another level. Basically there is enough talent to run a ten team comp at very best, but we have a 16 team comp soon to be 17 with the majority of talent spread over about 5 teams.

I would rather see a contest than a team score ten spectacular try’s to blot. Iam not a fan of Peter Vs 2021 game of NRL

So you rather a game , where teams purposely are offside , lay all over the play the ball(and wrestle ) , purposely strip to slow game to have set defence so we can see the same old block plays played.

If coaches didn’t coach to break the rules -6 again wouldn’t be required .
Maybe it’s the players but maybe all these coaches are just shit and can’t coach

Valheru

Coach
So you rather a game , where teams purposely are offside , lay all over the play the ball(and wrestle ) , purposely strip to slow game to have set defence so we can see the same old block plays played.

Maybe it’s the players but maybe all these coaches are just shit and can’t coach

Any coach in any sport coaches to break, bend or take advantage of the rules as much as possible.

I mean teams are purposely offside now especially on the first 2 tackles. What real deterrent does the 6 again rule offer to not do that?

Tweed Titan

Bench
Dumb JAC forgot he's faster than Coates. He's definitely got a single figure IQ for diving so early in that chase.

Dearden already showing he's better than Croft.

The_Frog

First Grade
I know the Bulldogs are doing it tough but fair dinkum, you have to give the fans something to cheer about, scoring 0 points 3 weeks in a row.. Trent Barrett needs to get them scoring points for his sake let alone the sake of the fans, no coach in the NRL will get away with that
Flanagan did in 2014.

super_coach

First Grade

understand what your saying, but I do not want to see a five team comp also. I am not blaming the strong clubs. I also want to see teams rise and fall, rather than basically the same teams every year. Of course half the problem is the better players naturally want to go to the better teams and the gun juniors will also gravitate towards the good teams. The teams on struggle street have to pay massive overs to attract talent so there cap is not as effective as the good teams. So they are forced to use Penriths model and start with the juniors and build from the floor up, but than face the likelihood of having their talent poached once they are a proven.

Once the bottom teams start having injuries to key players,the grind sets in and their enthusiasm drops a tad the blow outs are going to be massive, and that is not going to do the brand name and bottom line of the NRL any good at all.

The_Frog

First Grade
I think Gold Coast are the team on the rise purely on signing Tino and Fafita. It’s their Asotasi moment.
I haven't seen much evidence of big Mal bringing in a development program to utilise the obvious heartland areas this club has available to it.