What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Good Fri - Melbourne 40-6 Brisbane @ AAMI

Round 4: Melbourne v Brisbane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are 4 or 5 absolutely terrible sides this season instead of what should be 1 or 2. I'm all for another Brisbane team just to upset the Donkeys but it isn't going to help this issue.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That was the argument team used by teams in the late 90s and they still got shafted.

Stiff shit hey....

I think the NRL era has seen teams become good or bad with 2 teams (maybe 3 including Manly although they are bad right now) being overall pretty consistently good. Even those two teams Roosters and Storm have had a bad year or two. Although I read that the Storm have only been out the 8 like 15 weeks or something silly like that for 10 years

The_Frog

First Grade
There are 4 or 5 absolutely terrible sides this season instead of what should be 1 or 2. I'm all for another Brisbane team just to upset the Donkeys but it isn't going to help this issue.
The thing is, any of these teams can rise up the ladder. The key is in junior development. How embarrassing for a formerly powerful club like the Bulldogs to be demanding Burton, a player developed elsewhere, be released when they haven't lifted a finger to develop players in years.

Mr Spock!

Referee
JT - Payne Haas best player on the park......

Sure JT....

Hmmmm I wonder if these media gigs are part of their past nrl contracts....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The thing is, any of these teams can rise up the ladder. The key is in junior development. How embarrassing for a formerly powerful club like the Bulldogs to be demanding Burton, a player developed elsewhere, be released when they haven't lifted a finger to develop players in years.

Its about talent identification not junior development per se. Melbourne have been consistently good throughout the NRL era and have very little junior development at all but outstanding talent identification.

The Bulldogs have had their salary cap ruined and that put them in a very difficult situation. I know you just want to make your typical Panthers= good post but its a long rebuild for the Dogs and that includes poaching players they think there is an upside to. We signed Tapine in the exact same situation from the Knights

Look at the Broncos they have a gigantic rugby league area to draw talent from but they have dropped the ball at actually identifying the good talent in the first place.