What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R6 Sat - Souths 18-14* Wests Tigers @ Stadium Aus

Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Scratch that - i'm wrong.

When an attacking player fails to ground the ball correctly, play continues unless stopped for some other reason, e.g. a knock-on or the ball goes dead.

I got the impression that the ref was going to award a try until he saw Brooks racing away

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
What’s the rule regarding a put down in the Johnston try?

it appeared to be simultaneously put down as the hand touches sideline

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Actually, it did. Mitchell wasn't sin binned. Nor was he called back for having his heel on the line, or walkers hand on the line either. If those tries were awarded against souffs you'd be pretty unimpressed, and rightly so.

It really didn't, Momirovski wasn't sin binned either. You can go back into a game and break down every try that was scored or call that was made for sure, if that makes you feel better about the game. Bad calls are mad every week in the NRL and this game wasn't any different.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It really didn't, Momirovski wasn't sin binned either. You can go back into a game and break down every try that was scored or call that was made for sure, if that makes you feel better about the game. Bad calls are mad every week in the NRL and this game wasn't any different.
If the calls like that went against you and cost you a win you'd be calling for blood. Wests fans just shrug and call it another day.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

I’ve blamed mediocrity for every loss we’ve had so far this year bar this game. Never seen a more one-sided game of officiating

and I’m not even talking about the thugtrell stuff

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can cop the loss, it's the reaction of souffs fans feeling hard done by even after getting handed a win that has me annoyed more than anything else

Not feeling hard done by at all, I just think the comment about there being no consistency between all teams was incorrect thats why I pointed it out.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That would assert that there is consistency.

There is not.

Paul Momirovski got 3 weeks, Victor Radley got a fine, Jack Hetherington got 5 weeks. Latrell and Jack would of only got 2 weeks if it wasn't for loading. These are all pretty similar incidents and I think its pretty consistent with Jack's probably being the worst hit out of all of them and also getting sin binned.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Paul Momirovski got 3 weeks, Victor Radley got a fine, Jack Hetherington got 5 weeks. Latrell and Jack would of only got 2 weeks if it wasn't for loading. These are all pretty similar incidents and I think its pretty consistent with Jack's probably being the worst hit out of all of them and also getting sin binned.
Thanks for recognising the inconsistency. Mitchell remaining onfield is an excellent example of exactly that.

Latest posts