What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs NRL Fantasy

callmack1

Staff member
Right, sorry I haven't been replying man. I don't have time to focus on/think about Fantasy as much as you do hence why I haven't been replying.

However, I will always get back to you on the Thursday night so I never leave you in the lurch. Will get back to ya after work tonight, don't stress.

Anyway, I like all those trades apart from the Watson to Harris one. So stick with all those other trades, I like them.

I'd maybe have a bit of a think about the Watson to Tohu one though. Watson is back on the bench this week and it looks as though he may stay there. In this position he averages 50 minutes and 50 points which is pretty bloody good. harris is an out-and-out keeper, I know but he is also $200k more expensive so I'm not sure if that trade is going to be worth it. I think Watson is a hold at the moment, you could save it this week, see how he goes and then you can always make the trade next Round. Up to you though, go with your gut.

ringing DCE in is a bit risky as STID says but if you're willing to take the risk, go for it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Any ideas on what I should look at doing? I have 5 out so far! I need to close the 2900 rank gap on Jax as well to under 1000 ranks so getting high ownership guys won’t help.

Team with 8 trades and 7k spare is:

Brailey
Tohu Peachey Haas
CHN Angus
DCE Moses
Manu Bird
Tommy T Teddy Hynes

Macca Olakau’atu Verrills Suaali
Cleary Walsh Schuster A. Kelly

So is Cleary a sell @Souths Till I Die @callmack1?

Also how many trades you guys got left?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Help please this arvo @callmack1 STID has disappeared.

I think I’ll trade Cleary to Fifita and A. Kelly to SJ.

Thoughts?

Should I captain DCE or Fifita? I think Turbo might get an early shower.

Tohu is the safe option but I wanna risk it.

callmack1

Staff member
Hey mate!

Cleary is almost certainly a sell in my eyes. Can't affort to have over $1m sitting in the reserves for four weeks. However, if you are starting to run low on trades, then it becomes risky. If you're going to trade him out, you'll need a plan to get him back in later if he makes a successful return as if he does return, he'll be the difference between having a good team or not. So if you have bugger all trades, it becomes difficult.

Long story short, trade him if you can but make sure you have spare cash and a plan to get him back later if he returns. Eight trades for you is starting to get very low @Rabbits20 so you need to weigh up the risk.

I have cash so am going to trade him out to a Moses, DCE or Reyno.

In terms of captain, I'd go Fifita if you end up trading him in. I'm going to go DCE (I'm gonna trade him in for Cleary) but if you want to risk it, go Fifita.

Finally, to answer your other question, I have 11 trades left.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey mate!

Cleary is almost certainly a sell in my eyes. Can't affort to have over $1m sitting in the reserves for four weeks. However, if you are starting to run low on trades, then it becomes risky. If you're going to trade him out, you'll need a plan to get him back in later if he makes a successful return as if he does return, he'll be the difference between having a good team or not. So if you have bugger all trades, it becomes difficult.

Long story short, trade him if you can but make sure you have spare cash and a plan to get him back later if he returns. Eight trades for you is starting to get very low @Rabbits20 so you need to weigh up the risk.

I have cash so am going to trade him out to a Moses, DCE or Reyno.

In terms of captain, I'd go Fifita if you end up trading him in. I'm going to go DCE (I'm gonna trade him in for Cleary) but if you want to risk it, go Fifita.

Finally, to answer your other question, I have 11 trades left.
I’m doing Kelly to SJ and Cleary to Fifita.

Captain either DCE or Fifita!

Cleary to Fifita and Kelly to SJ leaves me with:

6 trades spare and:

Brailey
Tohu Angus Haas
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Bird
Teddy Turbo Hynes

Macca SJ Peachey Schuster
Verrills Olakau’atu Walsh Suaali

Thoughts?

Leaves 6 trades and 77k spare.

callmack1

Staff member
I’m doing Kelly to SJ and Cleary to Fifita.

Captain either DCE or Fifita!

Cleary to Fifita and Kelly to SJ leaves me with:

6 trades spare and:

Brailey
Tohu Angus Haas
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Bird
Teddy Turbo Hynes

Macca SJ Peachey Schuster
Verrills Olakau’atu Walsh Suaali

Thoughts?

Leaves 6 trades and 77k spare.
Good stuff mate, your only issue is you are starting to run really low on trades.

Re-read my post above as I just edited it to add some extra info.

hunters

Juniors
Haven't been able to get too into this year for a few reasons. It doesn't help having weekends like this when you trade in Tohu and accidentally captain him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Team at full strength with 6 trades and 77k spare is:

Brailey
Tohu Haas Angus
CHN Fifita
DCE Moses
Manu Bird
Teddy Turbo Walsh

Macca Hynes SJ Schuster
Ola Peachey Verrills Suaali

Could cash out Bird to Hame Sele as my 20th man?

Would allow me to do Brailey to Ipap round 18 and Hynes to Ponga in round 19.

Only leaves me 3 trades for injuries for the last 6-7 rounds but would have the below team:

Macca
Haas Tohu IPap
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Peachey
Teddy Turbo Ponga

Walsh Angus SJ Schuster
Olakau’atu Verrills Sele Suaali

Thoughts?

I’m currently 2682 ranks behind Jax and 339 points behind him. I need to make up 185 points. He is down to 4 trades.

How shoukd I play this? Do you have any other suggestions?

@Souths Till I Die @callmack1 @hunters?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haven't been able to get too into this year for a few reasons. It doesn't help having weekends like this when you trade in Tohu and accidentally captain him.
Yep it’s been that kind of year mate. Have you got any advice for my team?

I have a bet going with someone and if I lose to him by more than 1000 ranks I need to get on a fantasy live stream in a Roosters JWH jersey and sing the Roosters team song. If I had my time again I would not have done this bet. I need to reel in 1700ish ranks.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I could do this as a trade plan:

Bird to Ramien round 17
Tohu to Ipap (round 18) Tohu out til round 21/22
Hynes to Ponga round 18/19

Then hold 3 trades for carnage

Would leave me with:

Macca
Haas Angus Ipap
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Ramien
Teddy Ponga Turbo

SJ Walsh Brailey Schuster
Olakau’atu Verrills Peachey Suaali

Is my 14-17 too weak though?

hunters

Juniors

Bird to Ramien round 17

Would leave me with:

Macca
Haas Angus Ipap
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Ramien
Teddy Ponga Turbo

Looks pretty solid mate but what's going on with Peachey? Only 25 minutes last week, did he pick up an injury or did he just stay on the bench as they cruised past the Raiders. Find it hard to believe he needed a rest? My initial thoughts were to trade him for Ramien but who knows if St George will field a team soon, maybe its a good idea to get rid of them! I'd be swapping Verrills for Schuster.

callmack1

Staff member

Bird to Ramien round 17

Would leave me with:

Macca
Haas Angus Ipap
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Manu Ramien
Teddy Ponga Turbo

You don't need my help, looks like you've got it all figured out haha. This is what I would go with mate, very solid.

The lack of trades could really hurt you though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey guys @callmack1 @Souths Till I Die I was looking at Tohu to Ipap but won’t now with Tohu in the reserves..... also was considering Hynes to Ponga but can wait a week I think. Other thought was is it worth cashing out Peachey to a cash out and then upgrading Brailey to Mahoney, or is that too sideways? Other thought was Brailey to Ipap but would just be left with Macca and Verrills at hooker. Can only upgrade Brailey if I cash out Peachey but it leaves me no centre cover.

Other thought was hold trades and try get Cleary back but how could I do that with such a low back?....

Team with 5 trades and 52k spare is

Macca
Angus Haas Tohu
Fifita CHN
DCE Moses
Ramien Manu
Teddy Turbo Walsh

Hynes SJ Schuster Brailey

Should i just focus on Hynes to Ponga or can I afford to wait a week? Only got the 52k spare though.

Or is Macca to Mahoney worth it?

By the way where is STID? All of a sudden he has disappeared!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate you need to save trades urgently!! Getting to the stage where you'll be buggered!!
I did hold last week bro thanks for that advice.

Re Moses though I’m very concerned Teams know now what he’s carrying too so he will be targeted. Parra have a tough run home too. Maybe Moses won’t run or kick the ball as much in general play as well. He could come back for 1-2 weeks then have a flare up and be out again too.

For my team to get Cleary back I’d have to cash Hynes out to a 228k player and upgrade Moses to Cleary. It would mean I have red dots for my 20th and 21st man though and in a season of carnage I don’t think a squad of 19 is enough depth so I think I’ll forego Cleary. Tbh anyway I don’t think Cleary comes back in round 20 against the Storm they’d be mad too as the Storm would look to expose the shit out of him. I think Cleary comes back round 21/22.

I do have to trade Tohu out I’m thinking to Murray but concern is Murray will be managed a bit in the run home. I can’t afford Ipap. Other options are AFB, Lolo, Barnett or Lodge. I think I’ve narrowed it down to Murray or Lodge who would you pick out of those 2?

That leaves me 4 trades, I could trade Moses to Mahoney as well only leaves me 3 trades though and I want to do Hynes to maybe Ponga soon. For Ponga to really take off he needs Pearce there though I think not sure when he’s back. Then it I do that I’d have 2 trades the last 5 weeks.

Team before trades is (5 trades and 52k spare)

Macca
Angus Tohu Haas
Fifita CHN
DCE SJ
Ramien Manu
Teddy Turbo Hynes

Walsh Schuster Brailey Olakau’atu
Peachey Verrills Moses Suaali

@Souths Till I Die @callmack1 @hunters

Latest posts