What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

southsport

First Grade
South Sydney Rabbitohs 2022 NSW Cup pre-season squad is:

Tallis Angianga
Jack Campagnolo
Maila Chanfoon
Joshua Fepuleai
Jacob Gagai
Shannon Gardiner
Yileen Gordon
D’Arcy Hardman
James Hasson
Ben Lovett
Shaquai Mitchell
Nick Mougios
Hugo Patterson
Trent Peoples
Chaise Robinson
Jake Tago
Izaac Thompson
Marc Zaurrini

Rabbits20

Immortal
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS: The bulk of our squad returns to training after 1 December due to our progression through to the grand final last season. We’re very confident that our players will have the appropriate level of vaccination to return to training by their return dates. The whole squad is back on December 17.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Round 5 will be a home game for us against the Dragons.

Draw will be released tomorrow.

So we have Broncos round 1, Penrith round 4, Dragons round 5 and Dogs round 6.

I get the feeling round 4 will be away at Penrith as round 5 and 6 will be home games for us.

RegRab

Juniors
There are lot of people worried that we are short on centres. At the risk of being very unpopular I suggest we have the best centre in the game playing fullback. He is the State of Origin centre and dominant in that position As a fullback Latrell makes the occassional devastating kick return but 8 out of 10 times he offloads to a winger and gets them to take it back. He doesn’t play the modern high energy fullback game of trailing the ruck. While he is very powerful his fitness isn’t equal to the best fullbacks. I think each season he will be more and more suited to the requirements of centre more than fullback. So I would seriously play him at centre and solve that problem. Outside Cody would be a dangerous combination. It also gives him a chance to use his strong defence more often. Let Taafe continue to develop at fullback.
Instead of saying we need a new centre we could be saying we have the best centre pairing in the competition.
Mate some valid reasons there but I totally disagree. IMO Trell is the best ball playing FB in the comp and can throw sublime cutouts on either side of the ruck. He would be a waste sitting on one side at centre.

we need a cwntre who can make yards from dummy half, and hope that Paulo improves in this area. Trell doesn’t want to and it’s not AJs strong point.

southsport

First Grade
Mate some valid reasons there but I totally disagree. IMO Trell is the best ball playing FB in the comp and can throw sublime cutouts on either side of the ruck. He would be a waste sitting on one side at centre.

we need a cwntre who can make yards from dummy half, and hope that Paulo improves in this area. Trell doesn’t want to and it’s not AJs strong point.
Being able to attack on both sides of the ruck is huge as the opposition doesn't know which side they should concentrate their defence, whereas as in the past souths almost always attacked the line on the left.

southsport

First Grade
Rabbitohs poach Roosters rising star
Souths love nothing better than poaching a player from arch rivals Sydney Roosters - and they look to have come up with a good one in big prop Hugo Patterson.

The 22-year-old was a standout in the shortened Jersey Flegg Cup last season and Souths believe he will kick on in 2022.

"I used to coach Souths' Flegg side and he really stood out when he played against us," Rabbitohs Head of Elite Pathways and Player Development, Joe O'Callaghan, told Wide World of Sports.

"I'm really expecting big things of him."

handyman2190

Bench
Rabbitohs poach Roosters rising star
Souths love nothing better than poaching a player from arch rivals Sydney Roosters - and they look to have come up with a good one in big prop Hugo Patterson.

The 22-year-old was a standout in the shortened Jersey Flegg Cup last season and Souths believe he will kick on in 2022.

"I used to coach Souths' Flegg side and he really stood out when he played against us," Rabbitohs Head of Elite Pathways and Player Development, Joe O'Callaghan, told Wide World of Sports.

"I'm really expecting big things of him."
Now were talking!! This is what ive been advocating,pinching,poaching young up and comers from other teams, and it couldnt be sweeter than from the arch enemy,love it!!

Stubby

Juniors
So we are keeping an eye on Tarim Sims he could be a good buy at the right price and then to complete our recruitment we need a centre