What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BradS

Juniors
Just as long as you but I couldn’t support another team

In 2000 I come out of retirement and played A grade for 2 years so that my dad had a team to support
Yeah he was happy. He was a member for 38 years before he passed in 2006

fortunately we beat Penrith the week before he went so I guess that was a good thing

assess5

Juniors
I feel exactly the same. When we were booted I gave up on rugby league totally. There was no way I could support anyone else. Also, I'll bet your Dad is as proud as punch to have a son that would do that for him.
Man, this really does me. This ain't the way for a foundation club to behave. That fokin Bennett, should shot when he was involved with the Raiders, knew he was no good then, and as for Rusty, well what can you expect from a KIWI.

When Souths got tossed out I heaved a sigh of relief cos I was loosin so much money and Souths where absolutely hopeless.

I would be happy to let Reynolds go so as to bring in a junior like Illaias(?) or Taathe but to bring in one of Bennett's boy friends, piss off.

BradS

Juniors
Milf was a strange buy but as people have said he is cheap, a reasonable back up and I think Souths are doing the absolutely right thing with Taafe and Illias, blood them slowly so that they want to play, not put them in the deep end and destroy their confidence

classic example Hawkins vs Storm this year

southsport

First Grade
Milf was a strange buy but as people have said he is cheap, a reasonable back up and I think Souths are doing the absolutely right thing with Taafe and Illias, blood them slowly so that they want to play, not put them in the deep end and destroy their confidence

classic example Hawkins vs Storm this year
Yeah and he's only signed for one year so if he doesn't work out as hoped then he will be gone at the end of 2022........that's exactly what we needed.

handyman2190

Bench
If that's the way south sydney operate, if that's the new south fockin sydney, if they knife Reynolds and buy that fockin loser, Milford, bye bye rabbitohs, as far as I'm concerned (since 1967).

Message for Rusty 'shove it up your fockin arse cacksucker'
Calm down brother,there is no need to carry on so much, ive supported and loved this club for 60 years,i have to believe there is some sort of succession plan which i believe covid has stuffed up big time by cancelling second grade and not giving up and comers a chance to develop, in a perfect world ilias taafe dawson would be getting experience, now they are not, the milf,and everyone is upsett including me was told we werent paying big dollars,i said before i guessed maybe 300k but im being liberal,i bet its 200k and as the 14 he will not get a starting spot,we have to blood and get the 3 into tune.
I would also say they didnt get rid of reynolds he chose to go,maybe it was meant to do that, me, i would have signed for the year not betrayed the club i loved

assess5

Juniors
Calm down brother,there is no need to carry on so much, ive supported and loved this club for 60 years,i have to believe there is some sort of succession plan which i believe covid has stuffed up big time by cancelling second grade and not giving up and comers a chance to develop, in a perfect world ilias taafe dawson would be getting experience, now they are not, the milf,and everyone is upsett including me was told we werent paying big dollars,i said before i guessed maybe 300k but im being liberal,i bet its 200k and as the 14 he will not get a starting spot,we have to blood and get the 3 into tune.
I would also say they didnt get rid of reynolds he chose to go,maybe it was meant to do that, me, i would have signed for the year not betrayed the club i loved
Now Handyman, I know you, don't go telling me how to behave, ever. Ever.

I don't care how much Milford's cost souths, don't give a shet. I don't even care that I have never watched Milford play and come away thinking 'boy, that guy's good' cos I haven't, I always think 'boy that guy is over rated' but that's not important.

Bennett has thrown Milford a life line at the expense of either Reynolds or Taafe, Illias or some other true blue, south guy, normally I would look up how to spell a souths guy's name, now I don't even capitalize souths sydney cos they ain't worth the effort.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I remember a Knights fan I know telling me when we signed Bennett that "you may be happy now but wait untill he leaves and totally wrecks the joint on the way out" I remember telling him that the club wouldn't let that happen. Turns out I was wrong.

BradS

Juniors
There is need for a bit of anger management on the forum

let’s look at it

I would have 100 Cameron Murray’s than anyone else in the team. We have him and he is special. So too is Campbell and I can’t wait to see his potential

Kaeon is going to be special as well

our halves succession plan is in place. We will survive without gags and reyno

AJ and Taane are good

Trell is a superstar

Junior, Thomas and Nicho are solid and the way the game is today, any big body just does their job

Arrow will shine

and I ask the question, which one of the above is leaving?

so we signed Milf, Bennett got Benji and that also raised eyebrows

we need to be calm, the future to me looks bright

the biggest club killers are boofheads and that’s what worries me more than losing players

southsport

First Grade
Well, don't make out you know something you don't and you won't get your touchie feelie hurt, blossom.
OK precious whatever you say.

Wayne isn't the one making the decisions on recruitment because he won't be at the club next year, JD is the coach in 2022 and beyond so he will securing the players he wants into the forseeable future, along with Marc Ellison and Blake Solly.

Oh and just for your information I was talking with Ello and Solly at Redfern oval just before the lockdown so don't tell me what i know and don't know because you have no idea. ;)

Nafedogg

Juniors
If that's the way south sydney operate, if that's the new south fockin sydney, if they knife Reynolds and buy that fockin loser, Milford, bye bye rabbitohs, as far as I'm concerned (since 1967).

Message for Rusty 'shove it up your fockin arse cacksucker'
See ya buddy, go find another team :)

truthslayer

Juniors
There is need for a bit of anger management on the forum

let’s look at it

I would have 100 Cameron Murray’s than anyone else in the team. We have him and he is special. So too is Campbell and I can’t wait to see his potential

Kaeon is going to be special as well

our halves succession plan is in place. We will survive without gags and reyno

AJ and Taane are good

Trell is a superstar

Junior, Thomas and Nicho are solid and the way the game is today, any big body just does their job

Arrow will shine

and I ask the question, which one of the above is leaving?

so we signed Milf, Bennett got Benji and that also raised eyebrows

we need to be calm, the future to me looks bright

the biggest club killers are boofheads and that’s what worries me more than losing players
Great post! You are exactly right, really keen to see how the new kid goes tonight, Davvy Moale. I think Milford signing will be ok, we don't always agree on players, however, the utmost value I hold is I'm South Sydney Forever.

big hit!

Bench
This is a great point that shouldn't be overlooked.

In fact, even though all of the young fellas are up in QLD with the squad, they're not playing games. Hawkins & Taafe would be predominantly playing NSW Cup if not for the restrictions, and Ilias the same or Flegg. Taafe is getting a bit of a run in NRL at the moment filling in the Origin period and while Benji serves quarantine, but big mins are few and far between.

big hit!

Bench

Wayne isn't the one making the decisions on recruitment because he won't be at the club next year, JD is the coach in 2022 and beyond so he will securing the players he wants into the forseeable future, along with Marc Ellison and Blake Solly.

Oh and just for your information I was talking with Ello and Solly at Redfern oval just before the lockdown so don't tell me what i know and don't know because you have no idea. ;)

Some of these guys are irrational mate. Really solidifying the reputation of our supporter base.

Yes, Ello & Demetriou would be making cap the retention/recruitment decisions and planning for the future. Wayne is basically just managing the week-to-week with the current squad.

And there's an argument that the reason clubs struggle post-Bennett is more to do with his style and influence on a squad. The next bloke (normally brought in) doesn't have that man-management skills of Wayne. Souths are hopefully avoiding this by maintaining some sort of continuity with Demetriou - an assistant who has worked with Bennett for several years now.

assess5

Juniors

Of course you were precious, they call you to clear all major decisions, I know.
I guess I don't live in your fairy tale land.

Latest posts