What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Minimum wage players don't count towards cap space because their spot on the roster needs to be filled by someone else who'll earn at least minimum wage.

5 players earning minimum wage doesn't free up $500-600k that can be put towards Cody, it only frees up 5 roster spots for new players to come into the squad.

The salary cap might be $10M for 2022 but a minimum wage of $120k foewr 30 roster spots means that there is only approx $6.4M of cap space available for contract negotiations.
Welcome back!

Great post!

The salary cap for 2022 has been cut back from 10mil by 6% so that'd make it around 9.5 or thereabouts

Stubby

Juniors
My view is that we have kept the players we wanted on an other note I don’t think we gave Sammy the send off he deserved due to Covid and the legal action now he has been cleared we should farewell him next year at our first home game after all he was one the best forwards ever and the best English forward to grace our shores no one ever got the better of him he trampled over SBW and dominated Hargreaves as they say no one compares some say Reilly was as good but I was at the game when Mal a grubby dirty player tried those tactics on George Piggins they had to drag George off him otherwise who knows how badly it could have ended Mal limped home to brookvale with his tail between his legs

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
My view is that we have kept the players we wanted on an other note I don’t think we gave Sammy the send off he deserved due to Covid and the legal action now he has been cleared we should farewell him next year at our first home game after all he was one the best forwards ever and the best English forward to grace our shores no one ever got the better of him he trampled over SBW and dominated Hargreaves as they say no one compares some say Reilly was as good but I was at the game when Mal a grubby dirty player tried those tactics on George Piggins they had to drag George off him otherwise who knows how badly it could have ended Mal limped home to brookvale with his tail between his legs
Absolutely 1000%

Rsag85

Bench
Even after any possible upgrades I think we have about $1m left in the cap.

Reyno, Gagai, Su'a, Burns.......there's about $2.1m saved there alone.

but we have another’s who got upgrades in the contracts, re signed a bunch of young talent

I don’t know where your getting this so called big money from.

there is clearly problems with our current salary cap

so as I said before don’t get your hopes up because your just going to be letdown.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
but we have another’s who got upgrades in the contracts, re signed a bunch of young talent

I don’t know where your getting this so called big money from.

there is clearly problems with our current salary cap

so as I said before don’t get your hopes up because your just going to be letdown.
You're shooting from the hip, put up some figures and some names otherwise what you say is meaningless, I don't understand how you can't see it.

Reyno, Gagai, Su'a, Burns=$2.1m or maybe a bit more, Milford could replace Reyno (for a lot less), Gagai hasn't been replaced, Su'a hasn't been replaced and Burns will be replaced from within for less.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was going to be quiet but the ones that keep comparing the Sutto to Reyno debate when there is no comparison and saying Solly didn’t put a spin on things shit me as well especially when I spoke to Solly myself and it was reported in the media etc… it’s clear they either didn’t want him to stay so they low balled offered him or they honestly thought Reyno wouldn’t get a long term deal… in fact when I spoke to Solly he said tell me what club will make a long term play for Reyno he said none and I told him I think the Sharks will and a QLD team and he said he couldn’t see things going that way. If you ask me if he honestly thought that for mine it’s naive to think that.

Anyway if Solly has got this right I’ll applaud him for it but if he’s wrong well man he’s gonna have to wear it from quite a number of diehards if things were to go pear shaped.

But as I said these comparisons shit me as well as does the Sandow comparison for mine there is no comparison.

Solly also used the one year deals was good enough for Sutto… I feel like that was a cop out. Sutto knew we’d keep signing him if he wanted to keep playing whilst there was no guarantees for Reyno even if he played well.

Of course I hope Reyno does not go too well against us but against other sides I hope he kills it just like I hoped Issac would when he left us and I always had a soft spot for Issac it’s the same for Reyno. I have been reading some comments from a few on Souths social media hoping Reyno gets a long term injury next year so it looks like Souths were right. I don’t know how these guys call themselves Souths supporters. This kind of thinking makes me feel sick tbh.

My reply to a Souths member off social media.

I think that’s the last I’ll say on this for quite a while til next year.

I am happy though Reyno doesn’t need surgery on that shoulder and to be out a while as then some would be saying see Souths were right blah blah blah…

If Ta’affe breaks down next year I won’t delight in at all but just remind people any players can get injured even younger ones.

The media somehow got info too that Reyno was injury prone yet he barely missed any games in years compared to others like eg a young Adam Douiehi or Braidon Burns. Also that he was a lazy trainer like cmon as players get older they don’t need to train as much that happens at all clubs and it’ll be the same for Cody as gets older and we look to manage his loads.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Alex Johnston 30 Tries from 2021: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/10/18/alex-johnston-30-tries-from-2021/

Sam, Phoebe Burgess react as police clear former NRL star: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/b4566f56e2324ff4949fc9bb50dae352

Congrats on winning this one Sammy. Always knew he'd pull through and rightfully so. Hopefully he can now put this all behind him and move on. He's made mistakes, he's far from perfect but he's owned them and will become a better human being because of it. Would love to see him back coaching at the club.

BradS

Juniors

Momo to the Roosters

this guy like the butcher brothers are a$$holes

they broke an agreement to leave Souths to go the the rorters and morialphabet has been a thorn in our side ever since

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You're shooting from the hip, put up some figures and some names otherwise what you say is meaningless, I don't understand how you can't see it.

Reyno, Gagai, Su'a, Burns=$2.1m or maybe a bit more, Milford could replace Reyno (for a lot less), Gagai hasn't been replaced, Su'a hasn't been replaced and Burns will be replaced from within for less.
2022 salary cap = 9.6mil

Cook 800K
Arrow 700K
Latrell 850K (upgraded)
Cody 650K (expiring 2022)
Murray 700K (upgraded)
Burgess 700K
Mansour 430K (this was the Penrith deal, we paid only part this season, we pay full amount 2022)

= 4.8mil

Also on the books for 2022:
Johnston
Knight
Cartwright
Sele
Tatola
Host
Nicholls (new contract)
Paulo
Koloamatangi
Graham
Milne

You do the estimates but it will be around 2.5 to 3 mil

Total now 7.5

Then the 6 youngsters signed earlier this year, depends on if they are part of the 30, but you would figure at least Taafe, Mamazouelos, and Illias will be, even if it's at minimum wage = 120 x 3 = 360

Total now around 8 for 21 players

Leaves around 1.5mil for another 9 spots
Of which add the new signings Milf, Siliva, Chee Kam

There ain't anywhere near the money you think.

You are looking at it arse end up by looking at the savings from guys leaving, but you need to look at the $$$ already committed to for 2022

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
2022 salary cap = 9.6mil

Cook 800K
Arrow 850K
Latrell 850K (upgraded)
Cody 650K (expiring 2022)
Murray 700K (upgraded)
Burgess 700K
Mansour 430K (this was the Penrith deal, we paid only part this season, we pay full amount 2022)

= 4.98mil

Also on the books for 2022:
Johnston
Knight
Cartwright
Sele
Tatola
Host
Nicholls (new contract)
Paulo
Koloamatangi
Graham

You do the estimates but it will be around 2.5mil

Total now 7.5

Then the 6 youngsters signed earlier this year, depends on if they are part of the 30, but you would figure at least Taafe, Mamazouelos, and Illias will be, even if it's at minimum wage = 120 x 3 = 360

Total now 7.8 to 8.0 for 20 players

Leaves 1.5 to 2mil for another 10 spots (average = approx 200K per player)

Of which add the new signings Milf, Siliva, Chee Kam

There ain't anywhere near the money you think.

You are looking at it arse end up by looking at the savings from guys leaving, but you need to look at the $$$ already committed to for 2022
I agree with most of that mate Jed is also on around 300k, Junior got an upgrade recently too and Knight would cost around 400k.

Just on Arrow that’s the one I dont agree on I believe it’s around a 2.8-3mil deal for 4 years so around 700-750k a season. In that call I had with Solly earlier this year too he said Arrow is not on quite as much as was reported.

Latest posts