What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ratings

I think despite baselinepanther finding every excuse in the book we are further off than we think. The reason being the rabbitohs and Panthers are big teams and the game was Sunday night in primetime and was almost a million behind in the cities from what i saw. Melbourne and Bulldogs are 2 of the 3 smallest afl teams in victoria and Saturday isn't as prime time as Sunday. In every other sense this is the closest head to head measuring stick we can have in comparing ratings for two similar events, so it's pretty disappointing to see the gap is that large.
hahahaha

penrith a big team eh , only manly & the sharks are smaller.
yep
cred is under question straight away ( fumbler alert anyone lol)
Never mind we beat them in the other 8 finals , increased our overall ratings in the final series by 3 million on last year
beat them comp on comp by about 7 million & code on code by about 17 million

its them needing to get close to us now
not the other way around.

I think despite baselinepanther finding every excuse in the book we are further off than we think. The reason being the rabbitohs and Panthers are big teams and the game was Sunday night in primetime and was almost a million behind in the cities from what i saw. Melbourne and Bulldogs are 2 of the 3 smallest afl teams in victoria and Saturday isn't as prime time as Sunday. In every other sense this is the closest head to head measuring stick we can have in comparing ratings for two similar events, so it's pretty disappointing to see the gap is that large.
Lol
Sat night up against absolute shit shows ..
Ie..Movies repeated countless times .
Compared to Sun nite up against tv networks best raters .

Would love to see the fumblefest on a sun nite up against real competition ..
I'd bet a lot of casual viewers who watch fumblefest GF on a Sat nite would find something better to watch on a Sun nite.

Phillip is delusional, he will need time to come to terms with the result.

The_Wookie

Bench
Get him Norman.

Theres nothing really to get.

AFL Season + Finals I estimated at about 118m
NRL Season + Finals + Origin I estimate at about134m.

However theres a few things

AFLW season was reported at over 5m for the TV audience, not factored.
AFL and NRL preseasons arent included here.
Nine BVOD in season is not included.
Consolidated ratings for both the AFL and NRL are not included - they arent available for most matches in the season.

All in Ive got to concur with the 17m being more or less on target - if not more. Too much is estimated especially in streaming.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Without streaming figures the season totals are unreliable, as are the games now. In fact why are we bothering counting ratings when we arent getting the full picture and every season the numbers are less and less accurate for total viewers?

Idris 84

Juniors
Lol
Sat night up against absolute shit shows ..
Ie..Movies repeated countless times .
Compared to Sun nite up against tv networks best raters .

Would love to see the fumblefest on a sun nite up against real competition ..
I'd bet a lot of casual viewers who watch fumblefest GF on a Sat nite would find something better to watch on a Sun nite.
There was no competition on Sunday night i checked. It was perfect for bumper ratings, that's why the disappointment. Sunday primetime is the number one tv time and with no competition the game should have done much better. Or you were happy with the result?

tri_colours

Juniors
Next year trials will be shown on Fox/Kayo

In a major first for rugby league, fans will be able to watch the NRL pre-season trial matches live from the comfort of their own loungerooms.
Instead of an unreliable livestream on a computer, they can kick back and enjoy Josh Addo-Carr’s first game for the Bulldogs and Adam Reynolds’ debut in Broncos colours being properly televised on their wide-screen.
In what will be a major first for the code, Fox Sports is poised to secure the exclusive broadcast rights with the NRL to televise every club pre-season trial match live next February.
The NRL is preparing for the 32 club pre-season matches to be shown live on Fox League and Kayo on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights from February 18 to 28.

Without streaming figures the season totals are unreliable, as are the games now. In fact why are we bothering counting ratings when we arent getting the full picture and every season the numbers are less and less accurate for total viewers?
& if the AFL had won the yearly ratings battle you would be ranting & frothing & foaming how it's all PVL's fault & you'd be praising the AFl with no mention of unreliable ratings .