What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd2: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Bankwest Stadium 18/3

hindy111

Post Whore
Andy's job was on borrowed time when he called out cleary for abusing the ref in the tunnel. I don't understand how people can not only listen to but enjoy voss' commentary. Fox's commentary team is pretty weak when you then add in anasta, Parker, and roach.

Noticed that too. Wonder if it has anything to do with the storm embarrassing the panthers in the GF?

I feel like Voss is fine for the sevens. But during NRL it feels like a bit of a gimmick. Almost like he is making it a bit of a joke/comedy act. It doesn't sit well with me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I gave Gutho my 3 points for the game. I thought he deserved it as the best on the field in that game. But I can see why the points were allocated the way they were, even if I don’t agree with it.
I’ve seen far more egregious point allocations in the past than this one.

In any case, the Dally M and it’s voting is a joke anyway. Pretty much on par with the Golden Globes.

I just don't understand how anyone could say Papenhuyzen had a bigger effect on the result than Gutherson - without Gutherson's involvement, we may well have lost this match.

Meanwhile, Papenhuyzen didn't do a hell of a lot imo to win Melbourne the game...

It's as though people vote because they like what a player CAN do, rather than vote on what they DID do.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I also think in an incident like Kafusi where the opposition loses a player for the rest of game due to an illegal play that player should be forced to go off. Not a send Off and can be replaced.
It's to much of a disadvantage to the side who loses a player from an illegal play. I understand sometimes they are accidents and why I suggest replaced.

84 Baby

Referee
I also think in an incident like Kafusi where the opposition loses a player for the rest of game due to an illegal play that player should be forced to go off. Not a send Off and can be replaced.
It's to much of a disadvantage to the side who loses a player from an illegal play. I understand sometimes they are accidents and why I suggest replaced.
The only way that works I feel is if you get rid of “send offs” altogether. Which I suppose the NRL have pretty much done anyway. Otherwise it just opens up more grey areas in a sport that has way too many already.
I think the Union style might work. If it’s a send off offence, they’re sent off, no replacements. If it’s foul play but not send offable, then player in bin, not replaced, for length of HIA. If the victim returns, then the offender can return (although do you want them both back on field?). If the victim doesn’t return, then the offender can’t return but can be replaced (if interchange available)

Andy's job was on borrowed time when he called out cleary for abusing the ref in the tunnel. I don't understand how people can not only listen to but enjoy voss' commentary. Fox's commentary team is pretty weak when you then add in anasta, Parker, and roach.

Noticed that too. Wonder if it has anything to do with the storm embarrassing the panthers in the GF?

Voss doesn't bother me, as long as he's not doing every game. It may be that living in the outback since 1848 hasn't done him much good. I'd much rather him that what Channel 9 serve up.

I think one of the reasons I don't like him is I don't think he's being genuine. Or less genuine than most. No one finds the number of water bottles a coach has that exciting. And no one is that 'up' all the time. Take some downers before a game.