What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC (A) Wk1 - ENG 60-6 SAM @ Newcastle

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still in a bit of disbelief at that score and performance, I really thought Samoa would just nick it. Pathetic performance from them but well done England and thanks for victors parents being from Yorkshire!

G Williams is a good half. Looked dangerous for England when the game was still competitive, in all the ways he did when he played NRL for Raiders. Lively running game, strong enough to offload & hit in a tackle. Decent passing range (Welsby has a really nice vision, another level again).

Would he have missed out if Lomax was in?

Was Bateman injured or just not quite in form?

Indeed. Bateman was serving a 1 match suspension.

BadnMean

Juniors
How about just being excited at the levels England reached in order to put 60 points on a Samoan team containing 8 NRL Grand Finalists and pretty much the whole Penrith back line.
I don't know who the wingers you have are who didn't make the team but Mackinson has been good for a long time and Young looked good up against good opposition. He's a prospect.

JFK Files

Juniors
Makinson has been good for a long time but he turns 31 soon so it will be interesting to see how long he can maintain his performances.
If I had to name someone to succeed him in next couple of years that would be Tom Johnstone, he’s had some horrific luck with injuries but he is an incredible player when fully fit.

The Clan

Juniors
I don't know who the wingers you have are who didn't make the team but Mackinson has been good for a long time and Young looked good up against good opposition. He's a prospect.
Tom Johnstone at Wakefield has been the stand out winger in SL for a few seasons.
Scores ridiculous try’s from nothing by using lightning speed and great footwork but also finishes stuff in the corners that he has no right to. He’s out injured and therefore unavailable.

McGilery only just announced his retirement also