What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC (A) Wk1 - ENG 60-6 SAM @ Newcastle

ATOWN2

Juniors
Joseph Suaalii looked very ordinary at fullback. He was a fullback a few weeks ago in the NRL when Tedesco got injured and did f**k all as well. Won't happen but the coach should move Suaalii to Wing and put the Hammer in as fullback.

ATOWN2

Juniors
We can talk about how Samoa we’re overrated and weren’t a real chance but let’s be real most of us just expected them to put on a strong contest at the least. That shoreline is straight up embarrassing and no one on here can convince me that is representative of the talent in that side.
100%

In 2017 the Combined Affiliated States (WA, SA, NT and Vic) played against England in a game for a warm-up for England for the World Cup. The CAS team lost 72-12. You'd expect a Samoan team stacked with NRL players to perform much better than 60-6.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Joseph Suaalii looked very ordinary at fullback. He was a fullback a few weeks ago in the NRL when Tedesco got injured and did f**k all as well. Won't happen but the coach should move Suaalii to Wing and put the Hammer in as fullback.
Hammer out for the tournament and not a viable option defensively anyway. He's fast and has a swerve and that's about all. Crichton is the only alternative and that's who I'd put there. Suaalii to centre and hopefully Taylan is fit for the next game.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Like I said multiple times during Origin selection time. Luai is just a foil for Cleary. He's nothing without him, and even he admitted he was lost when Cleary was injured last year. The guy is living off Cleary's name. He's a cocky version of Sean Rudder.
He needs an organising half certainly. He also needs his forwards to establish some authority, like every other playmaker in the game.

He needs an organising half certainly. He also needs his forwards to establish some authority, like every other playmaker in the game.
He needs the BEST organizing half in the game next to him. He wouldn't be able to do much with someone like Lachlan Ilias.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Like I said multiple times during Origin selection time. Luai is just a foil for Cleary. He's nothing without him, and even he admitted he was lost when Cleary was injured last year. The guy is living off Cleary's name. He's a cocky version of Sean Rudder.
And we picked him over Burto :-(

I can't be too pissed off winning back to back comps tho

Iamback

Coach
I did forget they have an absolute spud as a coach, they need JS on the wing, Crichton to FB, The warriors kid at 7 , brown at 9.
They will be better for the run, it looked like a warm up game, but no structure, players playing out of positions, was a mess.

A few guys hadn't played for 7 weeks, Very poor lead up.

Shows the island sides can pick great sides on paper but the off field preparation shows how far off the pace they are

taste2taste

Juniors
Samoa massively under-prepared, not even a warm up game. They expected it to just fall in thier lap.

They'll be better but I can't see them beating a committed Tonga in the quarters. Tonga fell 2 pnts short of making the final last world cup and they know the commitment needed to beat the top teams.

Iamback

Coach
Samoa massively under-prepared, not even a warm up game. They expected it to just fall in thier lap.

They'll be better but I can't see them beating a committed Tonga in the quarters. Tonga fell 2 pnts short of making the final last world cup and they know the commitment needed to beat the top teams.

That is it. Had a few guys out of position and not even a warmup game is just lazy