What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC (A) Wk1 - ENG 60-6 SAM @ Newcastle

MRN

Juniors
Are Samoa allowed to bring people into the squad, given the injuries to Hammer and May?
The coaching staff or governing body would probably need to provide evidence to Cup officials that no other players in their squad could cover those positions. Otherwise I would imagine a certain number of injuries would allow a dispensation to bring in new members. However, two injuries with a 24 man squad, for a maximum of 6 games, is more then likely an insufficient loss to bring in replacements.

The Clan

Juniors
That England performance was about as complete as it gets in Test Rugby League. All the more remarkable because of the absentee of players like Walmsley who’s Englands Asofa-Solomona a big miss from Englands front row fire power, then there was Bateman, Percival & Lomax missing as well. England have replaced the likes of Roby, Widdop and McGilvery who only recently retired leaving a bit of a hole behind them and finally there was Tom Johnstone who has been one of the most prolific and fastest wingers in SL, he was nailed on for a wing spot but injuries have ruined his chances.

shear_joy9

Coach
Samoa's training during the week

giphy.gif

so disappointing samoa are with that team they should of made it close
i'm beginning to wonder why we even bother with a world cup its not like its improving the game at all
we should just stick to a tri-series or a 4 nations
i was really looking forward to it too but now i just dont know if i wanna watch another game

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
so disappointing samoa are with that team they should of made it close
i'm beginning to wonder why we even bother with a world cup its not like its improving the game at all
we should just stick to a tri-series or a 4 nations
i was really looking forward to it too but now i just dont know if i wanna watch another game
The game has grown heaps over the globe, just not at the level you want it to be yet, nrl and super league level.

stop being short sighted

BadnMean

Juniors
G Williams is a good half. Looked dangerous for England when the game was still competitive, in all the ways he did when he played NRL for Raiders. Lively running game, strong enough to offload & hit in a tackle. Decent passing range (Welsby has a really nice vision, another level again).

Would he have missed out if Lomax was in?

Was Bateman injured or just not quite in form?

Latest posts