What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Season End - How will we go?

Gronk

Staff member
It’s been a successful year again.

Our progress was sadly marred by the injury to Rheed who stepped up to SOO level performances. I reckon that his loss will mean that we won’t go past week 2, such is his influence.

Also, it was no coincidence that that our slump coincided with Moses getting back injury in origin, being out for a couple of weeks and returning when he still wasn’t quite right.

King-Gutho94

Coach
*We win the prelim
*We win the GF

but we are all stuck in our lounge rooms
It would be so Parramatta to finally win a premiership in my lifetime in the middle of a pandemic while we are stuck lockdown.

I was speaking to a friend who lives in Melbourne and he said the Melbourne Demons haven't won a comp since the 1960s and they are now the favourites to win the AFL and their long suffering fans who are MCG members down there might miss out of a chance of a lifetime seeing them finally win a premiership at the MCG because there GF is in perth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We will be resting half our squad - I don't think we will even come close to Penrith.

I reckon we will play Newcastle in week one.

eels_fan

First Grade
I think we likely lose heavily on Friday as I believe Panthers will stay full Strength, but it matters nought.

Canberra will beat the Roosters.

we’ll beat Canberra week 1, and then the rabbits in week 2.

we’ll play Melbourne in the prelim. We won’t be scared, that’s for sure, but I’m not game enough to tip us yet.

reaching the prelim will make 21 BA’s best ever season and he’ll get a 2 year extension, which will see Gutho, Dylbags and Reed commit to longer deals

Snoochies

First Grade
It would be so Parramatta to finally win a premiership in my lifetime in the middle of a pandemic while we are stuck lockdown.

I was speaking to a friend who lives in Melbourne and he said the Melbourne Demons haven't won a comp since the 1960s and they are now the favourites to win the AFL and their long suffering fans who are MCG members down there might miss out of a chance of a lifetime seeing them finally win a premiership at the MCG because there GF is in perth.
The flip side is I get to watch Parramatta in a GF at the stadium and when we win head off to the Caxton.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our differential is 26 points better then the Roosters. Lets say Canberra win by 4.
Are you confident an Eels side missing 8 best players wouldn't be flogged by 40+

I think BA should keep a reasonable side and just rest a few forwards. But he may prefer to be playing Newcaslte over Raiders.

Bandwagon

Staff member
We will lose to the Panthers next week and finish 5th. I assume the Raiders beat the Roosters next week.

Despite our lack of finals success, our first week efforts in the last two years have been ok, the drubbing of the Donkeys in 2019, and a competitive loss against the Storm in 2020 ( 36 - 24 ). So I'll go week 1 win, I reckon we have the game to beat the Raiders, despite losing to them a few weeks ago, and I also reckon we'll be a lot fresher because the Roosters won't just lie down for them.

Otherwise if the Roosters do manage to beat the Raiders, we finish 6th and play the Knights, they could rest a few blokes as well next week, because their ladder position isn't gonna change no matter what, and they play the Donkeys, who aren't gonna beat them up win lose or draw. Either way I still think we beat them.

Week two is harder to pick us, If we finish 5th, we play the loser of Penrith Vs Manly week 1, or if we finish 6th we play the loser of Melbourne vs Souths week one. TBH I don't like our finals chances against any of these if they are fit. If anything I'd prefer our chances against the Bunnies with no Latrell, and having had a beat up game against the Storm, than any other possibility. Should we win that, I then think if fit and not decimated by injury, we can go all the way.

But I reckon barring having to face any of those sides being down a number of key players, we exit week two.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We will win the comp
gone christmas GIF

Latest posts