What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 WTC FINAL: India v NZ @ Ageas Bowl Southampton Jun 18-22

JJ

Immortal
Would love nothing more than another big Williamson Taylor partnership

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Loved watching Taylor play over the years, been a fine servant for NZ cricket and one of the great entertainers of the last 20 years.

Would love nothing more than watching him belt Team India all over the park.

cerberus

Coach
Really looking forward to this .
The nz attack looked excellent against england .

If the kiwis can handle bumrah .
Then every chance

Rod

Bench
I hope NZ win this.

I just hope it's doesn't end in some sort of dodgy count back if it is a draw.
The title is shared if it's a draw, which would be a bit of a letdown. The addition of a 6th day if needed will help offset that chance though.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is this a six day test?

Might need to double that to get a game in based on the forecast

JJ

Immortal
there's a reserve day, but if the forecast is right that'll be of little consequence

JJ

Immortal
I guess if there's a lot of rain, we just pick all the pace bowlers and leave out Ajaz, which is a shame for him

JJ

Immortal
Be better to have a three test series, one at home, one away and finale at Lords…

as the #1 test side in the world it’d be nice to have some 3 and 5 test series, our windows at this level is small

edabomb

First Grade
Be better to have a three test series, one at home, one away and finale at Lords…

as the #1 test side in the world it’d be nice to have some 3 and 5 test series, our windows at this level is small
The issue with that is the state of the pitches the home teams would dish up. We'd prepare a pitch with more grass than a rugby field and India would prepare a dustbowl in an attempt to beat their 2 day test vs England.

The only mitigation could be the away team chooses to bat or bowl. Unlikely to make much difference though.

jargan83

Coach
So what happens if this is a drawn Test? Does the team that was on top of the table win it?

I legit have no idea.