What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 draw.

mickeylane

Bench
Our squad does look a little more dynamic and richer in depth this year especially in the forwards.. I think we are a 20% better team than last year which on percentages basis means we can expect an additional 2 wins as a minimum

Lethal25

Juniors
Main reason I dropped my Kogarah membership was acceptance of mediocrity by the club under the guiding hand of McGregor. But another factor was the lottery of what the draw hands you after the club has already secured your money. Looking at 2022 for Kogarah, my opinion is it's not entirely apetising.

R2 -Friday 18 March at 6pm v Panthers
R11 - Saturday 21 May 3pm v Warriors
R19 - Friday 22 July 6pm v Eagles
R20 - Sunday 31 July 4pm v Cowboys
R25 - Saturday 3 Sep 5:30pm v Broncos

I know I've left out the ANZAC day fixture understanding it is our home game this year.

For me personally, Friday 6pm games are a nightmare to get to on time. A mixture of not being able to get away from the office in time and standard Friday night traffic. Out of the 5 Kogarah games there are two of those

Other games against Warriors and Cowboys are not exactly block busters, leaving us with round 25 against Broncos which may be exciting if we're still in the finals hunt. But if not then a dead game with people likely wishing the season would just end.

My assessment is that 2022 has tossed up an average fare for Kogarah

Wollongong at least has Sharks and Rabbits and no Friday 6pm slots

Crush

Coach
I don’t think you can read too much into the draw given all the player movement.
For example, I think Souths won’t be a top 8 side next year, take away Reynolds and Bennett plus a few others and they struggle. Broncos will be a tough team to beat on the other hand. Dogs will be a more competitive side as will Sharks.

So all the talk of who plays more top 4 or 8 teams from 2021 is irrelevant. Expect the unexpected in 2022.

Diesel

Referee
If the NRL truely wants to prove its not Sydney centric then it needs to play QLD games on the Sunday night or Monday of a public holiday. Last month Qld had a public holiday Monday but there was no change of the draw to accomodate this.
This weekend NSW has a public holiday and we have Sunday night and Monday games.

While the Sunday game may be due to origin and no Thursday game, this round has been spread out nicely with 3 Saturday and Sunday games and no Friday 6pm game