What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW1 QF Fri - Penrith 27-8 Parramatta @ BlueBet

Finals Week 1: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Actually think the loser may get a softer run into the GF here
You could argue they would have a softer prelim... problem is they likely meet Storm in week 2 so they also have a good chance of going out in straight sets.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You could argue they would have a softer prelim... problem is they likely meet Storm in week 2 so they also have a good chance of going out in straight sets.

Unless they pick up some injuries I doubt Storm worry either of them in Sydney

Valheru

Coach
Not sure I agree there.

They would both go in as favourites but Hughes was missing last week against Parra and they get very close to winning that game IMO if he played.

Billythekid

First Grade
Can’t agree with what you’re saying. The hardest thing for Parra this finals series is going to be winning back to back games. If they lose this week they probably have to beat the storm then the cowboys/sharks and then the panthers.

Thats a near impossible task IMO.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
One of the more higher profile clashes in the start of a very exciting series so you know what that means?

Phone video footage of a player from either team doing something stupid that's a few years old that somone has been sitting on until now to release will appear on thursday

Nealo 12

Bench
90 Day Fiance Dancing GIF by Cameo

GongPanther

Referee
Should be moved to Commbank for a bigger crowd
We will have a bigger and better stadium than yours in a few years time. Your stadium is now "old school". The Roosters home ground is now ATM the jewel in the crown. And when Penrith Stadium opens, it will be the newest most technically advanced stadium in the world.

Oh, and BTW, Penrith by 42-18.

GongPanther

Referee
If Parra win I can't see them defeating Souths/Roosters in a prelim, if either of those two get that far.
So by your logic, if they beat the best performed team, three times in this current season, they won't beat those two much inferior sides?

GongPanther

Referee
Plenty of hype around Parra's recent record against Penrith, and plenty of pressure on Cleary coming back after a significant lay-off. It's not origin though, so i think he'll handle the pressure and Pennies to have the ugg boots up next weekend
Could get UGGly either way. More wearers of Uggies in Parra than Penrith, which are mostly made in Newcastle.

GongPanther

Referee
I got a text form a mate saying he saw a high profile Penrith player having dinner at a restaurant with a Bulldog offical

hope it doesn’t distract the Penrith playing group too much
We've had players leaving en mass for the past three years. Life cracks on buddy.