What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R2 Fri - Penrith 26-18 Parramatta @ BlueBet

Round 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther Mike

Juniors
First half was a bit ordinary but good second half for Penrith. Some nice tries tonight but defence is the DNA of this Panthers team so a lot happier with the second half.

Parra showed a lot of heart to not let us pull away despite being on top. They should be up there this year.

skeepe

Immortal
I have to comment on Grant Atkins as well, because it’s becoming an issue.

His rulings in the bunker are completely inconsistent with every other video referee. They constantly defy logic. What’s clear to everyone watching somehow isn’t clear to the only person that matters.

He’s had two shockers in a row now and it’s becoming a big issue.

King-Gutho94

Coach

His rulings in the bunker are completely inconsistent with every other video referee. They constantly defy logic. What’s clear to everyone watching somehow isn’t clear to the only person that matters.

Just Spin the wheel around we go to Kasey Badger then Ashley Klown.

Is Henry Perenara still lurking around as well.

They are all as bad as each other

84 Baby

Referee

We had work experience Kennedy last week who missed a clear knock on by Dogs to give a dubious penalty for Kikau kicking a player

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra looking good for a top 14 spot

giphy.gif

skeepe

Immortal
We had work experience Kennedy last week who missed a clear knock on by Dogs to give a dubious penalty for Kikau kicking a player
Ah that’s right, the same guy who saw Cartwright put a good hit on Addo-Carr that ended up shoulder to shoulder (with clear attempt to wrap the arm so not a shoulder charge) and found a penalty and put Cartwright on report.

And I didn’t see the early game today but from what I’ve heard Ziggy showed why he got dropped in the first place.

The games on a tough spot. Refereeing is no doubt hard, but we still expect competence.

JLA

Juniors
Parra good chance of winning not ofr injury , panthers only took lead when the back up to the back up in centre was out.

Apey

Staff member
I don’t understand how Luai didn’t spend a single second in the sin bin. He took Simonsson out of the game with an illegal hit. He should have been gone for 10 minutes then and there.
Was it last year or 2022 when he shoulder charged a bigger player in the head and stayed on the field?

I feel like because he's small the referees think its impossible for him to commit forceful contact.

This Year?

Immortal
The latest edition of the western derby was fun to watch as a neutral. I had a strange revelation while watching the game. If Dylan Brown played for PENRITH the 4peat would be a foregone conclusion.
That step he put on to put Lane away was rugby league wizardry. He led the linespeed in defence and the sleight of hand to put Hopgood over was clever.
Leota burning Lussick was insane. How the f**k do front rowers do that?
The collision between JFH and RCG.
It was exactly the type of game Penrith needed to find their groove again. They probably would have won by 20 if a few tries weren't bombed. Cartwright, Matterson and Moses were quiet. Tago and Turuva surprised me with the amount of space they found themselves in all game.

PS: Please burn that Parra away strip, whoever thought of that should be punished with strobe lights with their eyes held open.

Canard

Immortal
I thought it was a bold strategy to have crash ball after crash ball for 67mins of the match, and then go expansive once the game was lost.

Brad Arthur is quite the radical thinker.

That facial by Dylan Edwards on Carty was f**king disgraceful. Thought he was better than that.

Seriously Penrith, people already hate you for being OP, that shit just makes you even more hated.

Last edited:

Latest posts