What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW1 QF Sat - Cronulla 30-32** North Qld @ PointsBet

Finals Week 1: Cronulla v North Qld

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Finals Week 1
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys
PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware, Woolooware (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 September 2022

NRL kickoff 7:50pm

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Connor Tracey 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Teig Wilton 15. Cameron McInnes 16. Braden Hamlin-Uele 17. Andrew Fifita
Reserves: 18. Lachlan Miller 19. Aiden Tolman 20. Matt Ikuvalu 21. Jesse Colquhoun 22. Luke Metcalf

NQL2022TEAM.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Reuben Cotter 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 15. Tom Gilbert 16. Coen Hess 17. Griffin Neame
Reserves: 18. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 19. Tomas Chester 20. Jake Granville 21. Brendan Elliot 22. Ben Hampton

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Jon Stone
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton​

Last edited:

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Last time the Sharks had a home final was vs Panthers in 2018, played at the old SFS. They got 19,000 to that against another Sydney team. The NRL has every right to think that even at the new SFS they wouldn't get much more than 15,000 against an out of town team. Probably not worth paying the rent on the venue, which would be considerable.

Quite simply, you make people travel 1.5 to 2 hours each way at night time, a lot of them vote with their feet.

Anyway I think Sharks will be too good in this one. Cows have not beaten a top 8 side in NSW this year and probably won't now.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Last time the Sharks had a home final was vs Panthers in 2018, played at the old SFS. They got 19,000 to that against another Sydney team. The NRL has every right to think that even at the new SFS they wouldn't get much more than 15,000 against an out of town team. Probably not worth paying the rent on the venue, which would be considerable.

Quite simply, you make people travel 1.5 to 2 hours each way at night time, a lot of them vote with their feet.

Anyway I think Sharks will be too good in this one. Cows have not beaten a top 8 side in NSW this year and probably won't now.
Finally someone gets it.
last semi vs cows got 16k ish

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think whoever losses this goes out the back door the next week. IMO the cows are the better team, not sure if the big game might get to them.

This Year?

Immortal
I can see the Sharks swarming the Cowboys like they did earlier in the year and just suffocating them out of the contest.
Having said that both teams have had awesome seasons and I'm absolutely jealous of their success in 2022.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I think whoever losses this goes out the back door the next week. IMO the cows are the better team, not sure if the big game might get to them.
Cowboys will be a totally different proposition in Townsville against whoever limps off the SFS with the win. If the Sharks have to face Roosters or Souths in Sydney that might or might not be a different matter.

beave

Coach

1.5-2 hours each way?

What has cronulla moved to Wollongong since I last lived in sydney?

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Have you ever travelled from Cronulla to Moore Park by public transport? Didn't think so.

Or alternatively, have you ever tried to find parking at Moore Park?

Valheru

Coach
Battle of the pretenders. The loser to go out in straight sets and the winner to get done in the prelim.

Sharks just because they are at home.

some11

Referee
Both teams on opposite sides of the draw after this.

I think they meet each other again in the GF.

• Haha
Reactions: SDM

Valheru

Coach
Have you ever travelled from Cronulla to Moore Park by public transport? Didn't think so.

Or alternatively, have you ever tried to find parking at Moore Park?
I have on many many occasions traveled from one of Sutherland/Caringbah/Heathcote to Moore Park via public transport and it is easy and convenient.

Valheru

Coach
Both teams on opposite sides of the draw after this.

I think they meet each other again in the GF.
I'm genuinely interested to know what you have seen form these 2 teams this year that suggests the loser will beat Roosters/Souths and then Penrith/Parra to get to the GF as well as the winner beating Penrith/Parra/Storm in a prelim.

I would be stunned if both of those things happened. Parra/Penrith is a far greater chance of being the GF rematch from week 1 IMO.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
This will be the 5th meeting between these two clubs in finals matches since 2013. That's quite a decent little modern rivalry

2013 Qualifying final: Cronulla 20 Cowboys 18
2015 Semi final: Cowboys 39 - Cronulla 0
2016 Prelim final: Cronulla 32 - Cowboys 20
2017 Qualifying final: Cowboys 15 - Cronulla 14

Looks like it's the Sharks turn

mongoose

Coach
I'm genuinely interested to know what you have seen form these 2 teams this year that suggests the loser will beat Roosters/Souths and then Penrith/Parra to get to the GF as well as the winner beating Penrith/Parra/Storm in a prelim.

I would be stunned if both of those things happened. Parra/Penrith is a far greater chance of being the GF rematch from week 1 IMO.
They finished 2nd and 3rd, is that not enough? lol

SDM

First Grade

I have to agree. Both have been much improved, and very consistent. Consistent doesn't win you finals games, as it is unlikely the other team will not be up for the game. I just don't think either of them have another gear.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I feel this is a very weak qualifying final. In fact I predict neither team will make the grand final. I rate Panthers, Eels, Storm, Souths and Easts above them.

I predict Cronulla to win, and then both teams to lose their next matches and be eliminated.

Latest posts